Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

he was the one they gave permission for the Swan and dolphin over tower everything

I don't see that as a screw up. I see it as a great business move.

Eisner saw that Disney was losing the convention and large meeting business to off property hotels. He, and others, decided they needed a convention-oriented hotel near Epcot and they got someone else to pay for it.

Eisner did what he had to do during his tenure to bring the Disney company, and WDW, out of the financial rut that it was in. He's credited by many to revitalizing the company and removing the risk of it being a victim of a hostile takeover. Which they were before he arrived.

I wonder if my aunt took any photos when they went to Disney in the late 70's, early 80's.  I know they stayed at the Swan and did go to River Country.  I'll have to ask her when I see her during Thanksgiving week.

I don't see that as a screw up. I see it as a great business move.

Eisner saw that Disney was losing the convention and large meeting business to off property hotels. He, and others, decided they needed a convention-oriented hotel near Epcot and they got someone else to pay for it.

Eisner did what he had to do during his tenure to bring the Disney company, and WDW, out of the financial rut that it was in. He's credited by many to revitalizing the company and removing the risk of it being a victim of a hostile takeover. Which they were before he arrived.

and just like Roy was the mastermind behind Walt, Frank Wells was the mastermind behind Michael Eisner, when Wells died, things started going downhill again. Eisner couldn't find another partner as good as Wells.

I'm not sure I'm right, though.  I thought the guys with the bricks are building the planter by where the Princess Tiana meet and greet is, but now I'm not so sure.  These could be some other buildings in Liberty Square.

TCD

I do think it is the back of those buildings...as the stonework matches one of the buildings along there but that building has dormer windows in the front.  Although in the old picture, there is something resembling a picket fence along the top of the stone building...and that is not evident here.  Plus there is what looks like dental moulding along the roof line which is not evident in the old pic.  So....who knows.

5730079217_f5bcbfb386_z.jpg