Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Cool photo!

You can see the old Settlement Depot in the background.

TCD

Do you mean the bldg. with the sun on the roof way back or the one where they're standing? Is this the area near the horse shoeing area? I wish I had a time machine to go back and see stuff even though I was there in the 70's I can't remember a lot. One thing I do remember was I was with my uncle and his wife when I went and they were newlyweds and when we passed by Trails End I saw all the people standing out waiting to be seated and thought wow those people must be rich because my uncle said we couldn't eat there because it was too much money.  

Most of the 90's it was covered golf cart parking with power

Yes- that's it.  I remember parking my cart there and wondering why they had such a nice golf cart parking area.  I had no idea at the time it was the old train station.  Then they tore it down.  I've looked to see if I have photos of it, but I haven't found one.

TCD

I've posted this on Facebook before. Not sure if anyone here has seen it. For some reason when I watch it I always want to go up in the attic and put on a fur coat and a ladies turban and pretend it's 8mm. My deepest apologies to those who don't know what an 8mm is. It's not a gun lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvaVf1fB2g

I've posted this on Facebook before. Not sure if anyone here has seen it. For some reason when I watch it I always want to go up in the attic and put on a fur coat and a ladies turban and pretend it's 8mm. My deepest apologies to those who don't know what an 8mm is. It's not a gun lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvaVf1fB2g

River-Country-ThenNow-7_zpscb5ce33a.jpg

Aah, the good old days!