Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

Disney_Liberty-Square-Construction_2_zps

After stupid er I mean Donnie asked where this was, it bugged me too.

I thought it was behind the Christmas Shop, but I couldn't find any photographic confirmation.

So I drove to Disney World and looked.

Yup, I was right.  Here are those buildings as they look today (well, actually, yesterday, August 14, 2013).  The Tiana meet and greet would be to the left of the area show in this photo.  The CM you see standing there is the line handler.  The Christmas Shop back door is to the right:

81413028_zpsea01cdad.jpg

Another mystery solved by TCD.

TCD

I thought it was behind the Christmas Shop, but I couldn't find any photographic confirmation.

Yup, I was right.  Here are those buildings as they look today (well, actually, yesterday, August 14, 2013).  The Tiana meet and greet would be to the left of the area show in this photo.  The CM you see standing there is the line handler.  The Christmas Shop back door is to the right:

81413028_zpsea01cdad.jpg

Another mystery solved by TCD.

TCD

That must have been quite a long drive, seeing that you had to swing by Tallahasee and Gainesville first to pick up the twins.  You are quite the Dad. 

EDIT:  Nevermind....I just saw your cowboy bean update.  You really WERE at the World yesterday.  I thought this was an old picture and you were being sarcastic. 

It is good to be TCD. 

c067089bs_zpsbdf4cc91.jpg

I just can't imagine all those guys walking around in all that heat and humidity with dark suits on.

We do have winters.

Yeah, I've been there in the winter. You guys are wearing your parkas and those of us from the North are wearing shorts and sandals. Sorry, but it may only be 79 and 70% humidity, but that's not dark suit weather for me.

Sorry, but it may only be 79 and 70% humidity, but that's not dark suit weather for me.

It can and does get into the 30s during some days just about every year. 

The average temp during the winter months is 61 degrees.

Temps in the 50s for stretches at a time are not that unusual.

Now that is dedication!  8)

The Disney Parks Blog posted this little gem today...

drc984758SMALL.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/08/vintage-walt-disney-world-relaxing-at-the-ol-watering-hole/