Blood, Sweat, and Fiends: A Fort Fourth!

Up until the pic of your poor wife's knee, I was cracking up! Can so relate to crashing the other resort pool (and paying via the bar), the lopsided bike riding with a bag, and toting my own water to save the 3 bucks a pop WDW charges. I even go so far as to bring those little powder pack mixes as well, so we can refill and not have to taste the yucky warm tap water!

So sorry that happened to her! I know it probably still hurts - I injured mine last spring, and had a lingering ache/bruised area for a while.

And, for what it's worth, I'm still confused by the sign.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe just a little. I need to set up another account just for TRs It may seem that way, but just because I was on the thread doesn't mean I was reading it. Nice detective work MD and nice job on the

Clairvoyance, it's a gift.

That’s the same expression I have on my face when starting a trip to the Fort. Enjoying the Trip Report. :)

Posted Images

"Freaky tiki take a leaky ding dang margarita" :rotfl5:

Classic MD funny-ism!!

Great pictures of the nature trail. It's been so long since I've been down it, but you have inspired me. Looks like a perfect place for a morning run.

Even though I have a 12 inch inseam, I run better than I bike. Many times I've come home looking like MW. Hope she's all healed up!

What a great bike ride, I enjoyed virtually riding along with you. That's as close to a bike ride as I will get. Yes I am a bike riding klutz. I have walked to the WL via that path and loved it. Next time I walk it I will definitely get me one of those "Freaky tiki take a leaky ding dang margarita" drinks. I may even use the pool. :))

MW's boo boo looks very ouchy, hope she got lots of tender loving care.

Up until the pic of your poor wife's knee, I was cracking up! Can so relate to crashing the other resort pool (and paying via the bar), the lopsided bike riding with a bag, and toting my own water to save the 3 bucks a pop WDW charges. I even go so far as to bring those little powder pack mixes as well, so we can refill and not have to taste the yucky warm tap water!

So sorry that happened to her! I know it probably still hurts - I injured mine last spring, and had a lingering ache/bruised area for a while.

And, for what it's worth, I'm still confused by the sign.

I started getting those packets as well, trying to curb my Diet Dr. Pepper habit.

She's doing much better, it still looks scarred a bit and is itchy, I'm sure it'll be all gone in a few weeks.

The most confusing thing about the signs is that it says "No Carts Beyond This Point", does that mean they were allowed up to that sign?

If so, I'm pissed at the guy in the cowboy hat that yelled at me last year for being past the stables!

Poor MW. I am sure being the good husband you check to see if she was ok, which apparently was followed by picture taking (and laughing?).

I helped take good care of her, I did laugh eventually, and she got the kids mad at me for taking the picture, which made me laugh harder!

By the time she got to "you jerk!" I couldn't breathe.

"Freaky tiki take a leaky ding dang margarita" :rotfl5:

Classic MD funny-ism!!

Great pictures of the nature trail. It's been so long since I've been down it, but you have inspired me. Looks like a perfect place for a morning run.

Even though I have a 12 inch inseam, I run better than I bike. Many times I've come home looking like MW. Hope she's all healed up!

I couldn't remember the name of the drink from the board, so I made it up!

You wouldn't know from my physique, but I used to run quite well, even lettered in cross country in school!

I actually just started again, I run with the dog after work. First goal is better fitting pants and no more manboobs!

But I can't run midday in the Florida summer.

We passed one guy that was jogging. He looked insane.

That miscellaneous meat sandwich looks pretty good!

Great job on the geyser shots!

Sorry about MW's knee. I was wondering about the blood part. I am glad it wasn't worse.

TCD

Oh, there's a bit more blood!

I thought the geyser looked cool for a moment, then it just seemed like a hose on a rock.

I will say that the food on this trip was better than ever, and that's all Ben's doing.

What a great bike ride, I enjoyed virtually riding along with you. That's as close to a bike ride as I will get. Yes I am a bike riding klutz. I have walked to the WL via that path and loved it. Next time I walk it I will definitely get me one of those "Freaky tiki take a leaky ding dang margarita" drinks. I may even use the pool. :))

MW's boo boo looks very ouchy, hope she got lots of tender loving care.

Next time, we're going to explore a bit more, maybe even by foot.

By the way, dood, to continue our discussion about Captain Morgan. I've been mixing it into Iced tea lately, give that a try too!

Still, nothing beats the Morgan & Pepper!

MD and BM, let me introduce you to one item you will want next time for you next adventure.

http://www.target.com/p/igloo-maxcold-maxpack-cooler-black-16-can/-/A-13465885

Buy it! You will not regret it. We have two for the races and other adventures. The only drawback, is that your back will sweat! But no pulling to the right and it has pockets for other items. Like cigars, lighters, tickets, sunflower seeds and jerkey. That is our NASCAR list.

MD and BM, let me introduce you to one item you will want next time for you next adventure.

http://www.target.co...an/-/A-13465885

Buy it! You will not regret it. We have two for the races and other adventures. The only drawback, is that your back will sweat! But no pulling to the right and it has pockets for other items. Like cigars, lighters, tickets, sunflower seeds and jerkey. That is our NASCAR list.

I own one called WHATADAY Totepack and Cooler in One. You want me to bring that along as well so MD has something ELSE to yell/laugh at me about bringing too much stuff. You must know that one of the MD motto's is: "LESS IS MORE". Maybe next trip.

Caught up...love the pool hopping.

Sorry MW got hurt.....seems she was a trooper though since she even let you take pictures of the wounds.

Looking forward to taking that nature trail for the first time in February.

I see TCD just got back and has some more photos of the nature trail area.

http://www.target.co...an/-/A-13465885

I would absolutely get one of those!

I own one called WHATADAY Totepack and Cooler in One. You want me to bring that along as well so MD has something ELSE to yell/laugh at me about bringing too much stuff. You must know that one of the MD motto's is: "LESS IS MORE". Maybe next trip.

Yes, next time we'll work a new concept, "INSTEAD OF". As in, bring a nice multi-purpose cooler like this INSTEAD OF that raggedy old Gators styrofoam job from the your graduation (what year was that 75-76?).

You know that one that you store dirt, worms, AND food in? I bet that thing's radiocative and has an infection of some sort.

Funny though, the Less is More bit comes up in the next update, that I just wrote before I saw this!

Being the rocket scientist, lets think about this. You will have cold water/BEER and MD will have to BUY his drinks. SO, what do you think MD will say? :clint:

I would absolutely get one of those!

Yes, next time we'll work a new concept, "INSTEAD OF". As in, bring a nice multi-purpose cooler like this INSTEAD OF that raggedy old Gators styrofoam job from the your graduation (what year was that 75-76?).

You know that one that you store dirt, worms, AND food in? I bet that thing's radiocative and has an infection of some sort.

Funny though, the Less is More bit comes up in the next update, that I just wrote before I saw this!

Yo Rocket Scientist, TOLD YOU SO!!!! :clint:

Accountant wins again. :flush2:

Day Four Concluded:

As the afternoon began to cool, the MetalFamily headed up to the Marina to start our next adventure!

We hopped aboard the boat to the Contemporary.

2012-07-07_15-35-15_309.jpg

We had never taken a standard Contemporary photo, so time to fix that!

2012-07-07_15-46-55_312.jpg

Again, we took a walk-through the gift shops and arcade before heading up to the monorail platform.

I still think that place looks like an airport.

There’s always people napping in that lounge area in front of check-in.

I was just waiting to hear a boarding call over the PA.

We monorailed over to Poly.

The goils posed for another silly one once we were inside the Poly.

2012-07-07_16-25-37_177.jpg

Got another urban tag for my brother-in-law’s pizza bar.

2012-07-07_16-26-50_239.jpg

I had an awkward visit to the Poly this time.

I’m a lifelong Beatles fan.

Just prior to our trip, I read that John Lennon had signed the legal documents in his room at the Polynesian that officially broke up the Beatles.

It was on December 29, 1974 even though they announced the split-up in April of 1970.

Anyhoo, downstairs to see the good Captain.

We were there for ‘you know what’… but we were starving, so we ate!

Dear Lord…thank you for pork nachos!

2012-07-07_16-44-31_998.jpg

I went back up for our Dole Whips!

And you were all there with me, cheering me on as it swirled and swirled and swirled.

Niles Crane: Less is more!

Frasier Crane: But think how much more MORE would be!

So I swirled on!

The one on the left is vanilla/pineapple.

The guy on the right is pure pineapple.

2012-07-07_17-04-53_178.jpg

Excuse the mess, but it was so wide I had to hold the whip like a frozen pineapple football to get it back to the table.

Everyone shared the vanilla/pineapple one.

I ate the other one by myself.

That little punching bag at the back of my throat still doesn’t work right!

We hopped back on the monorail over to Magic Kingdom to grab the boat back to the Fort.

On the ride, I grabbed this shot that photogal06 had been trying to grab of the EWP preparing for the evening’s show!

2012-07-07_17-42-37_307.jpg

The kids thought that was like peeking behind the screen.

I went to get a shot of main street and a dang monorail jumped in my way.

2012-07-07_18-03-11_85.jpg

The phone has a delay before it fires. Happens a lot!

Better from a distance.

2012-07-07_18-06-41_877.jpg

The lady in the foreground wasn’t with our group.

In fact, I don’t remember her at all, and now I’m a little pissed that she’s in my picture.

I’ll get her at recess!

Gotta love the shipwreck on Disco Island.

2012-07-07_18-12-58_424.jpg

And the obligatory River Country shot.

2012-07-07_18-13-20_518.jpg

I’ll settle for this since I don’t have a Balkan cousin with better access.

I futzed around trying to get another shot, and ended up with another black & white shot, which came out pretty cool!

2012-07-07_18-13-46_112.jpg

Dumb touch screen.

Look at that!

2012-07-07_19-33-44_988.jpg

It’s Fort-Thirty!

A joke that goes back to an earlier Fort excursion.

Ya’ see Timmy, I take my watch off as soon as I get there, and don’t put it back on until load-out.

So when asked what time it is, I look at my blank wrist and reply…

It’s Fort-Thirty

This trip I finally convinced Ben he should let go a bit and go watchless.

He did on and off, but I see in this next photo that he’s back to sportin’ that same cheesy Casio digital that I had in 7th grade.

2012-07-07_19-33-44_989.jpg

It’s alright, he finally gave in and got him some camo. He’s on his way!

Notice the bandage?

The old hook through the finger… told you there’d be blood!

When we’re in this seating arrangement, rockin’ the purple cups, it can only mean one thing.

BTS

2012-07-07_19-34-02_95.jpg

For tonight’s theme, we’ll be slumming at the bottom of the barrel.

Last time I was at the local KOA, I grabbed this bootleg tall boy for $2 while we watched Dispicable Me.

2012-07-07_19-34-02_97.jpg

Ever since then, I had this idea of creating a BTS that was the old-school beers of our fathers.

And tonight, it was a salute to all those sips of Dad’s beer while he mowed the yard.

Here’s to you Dad!

2012-07-07_19-34-02_96.jpg

Schlitz and Genny Cream Ale, couldn’t locate Schmidt’s or Rheingold for the trip!

Ben actually ended up taking home about 8 bottles of Sam Adams…quitter!

On occassion we pack Yuengling and PBR for visitors and/or overtime. Not this trip.

As we sipped and chatted about what a great trip it was, we gave Burny a little bit more work.

2012-07-07_19-34-02_99.jpg

Admired the site a bit.

2012-07-07_19-35-07_901.jpg

Ben and some of the kids dropped a line in the water, some goofed around.

I went for a stroll and took some photos of the back of the site.

2012-07-07_20-13-44_223.jpg

2012-07-07_20-15-03_922.jpg

2012-07-07_20-15-52_595.jpg

There they are!

2012-07-07_20-16-07_587.jpg

2012-07-07_20-20-14_851.jpg

2012-07-07_20-20-19_812.jpg

And some really weird looking colored filter shots.

2012-07-07_20-23-11_367.jpg

2012-07-07_20-23-17_740.jpg

2012-07-07_20-28-37_602.jpg

Tomorrow we’d be heading home.

But tonight, we were far away from Facebook, work, bills, video games, and worries.

We finished with a relaxing evening at the site.

We still have Sunday morning, and some more photos.

One more update kids, then I’ll dismiss the class!

Ingredients for a great TR:

Reference to a Brady bunch camping trip with pics.....check

Quoting a line from Christmas vacation.....check

Paul McCartney and wings tunes.....check

Yep, you hammerin' out one heck of a TR!!

PARTY ON WAYNE......PARTY ON GARTH!!!

That B&W RC photo is actually pretty fitting. Kinda sums up how sad it looks now.

Fort-thirty. Freakin' hilarious! And that Casio bit. And the Frasier reference. You're killin' me, dude.

I might just have to dig out a big hair photo to rival that mullet one.

And finally - don't be hatin' on the Genny! Brewed in good ole' Utica, NY - just about an hour north of where I grew up! That was my Dad's lawn-mowing beer of choice, and I too stole many a sip! Now, the cream ale - ick. I remember in college those were referred to as "Genny screamers". And not because of how they made you talk!

FP4

Ingredients for a great TR:

Reference to a Brady bunch camping trip with pics.....check

Quoting a line from Christmas vacation.....check

Paul McCartney and wings tunes.....check

Yep, you hammerin' out one heck of a TR!!

PARTY ON WAYNE......PARTY ON GARTH!!!

Excellent! I applaud your taste in pop culture!

That B&W RC photo is actually pretty fitting. Kinda sums up how sad it looks now.

Fort-thirty. Freakin' hilarious! And that Casio bit. And the Frasier reference. You're killin' me, dude.

I might just have to dig out a big hair photo to rival that mullet one.

And finally - don't be hatin' on the Genny! Brewed in good ole' Utica, NY - just about an hour north of where I grew up! That was my Dad's lawn-mowing beer of choice, and I too stole many a sip! Now, the cream ale - ick. I remember in college those were referred to as "Genny screamers". And not because of how they made you talk!

FP4

Looking back at the B&W photo, kinda has a Gilligan's Island timbre, ahhh, it's probably just me.

Utica. I grew up on either side of it! I was born and raised in Orange County, NY, and lived in Syracuse for a few years before becoming a Floridian way back when.

You must remember Old Vienna, and the case of 40 little ones, "OV splits".

Great update MD! Looking forward to more!

Thanks, appreciate you riding along. One more update, then time to plan for the next one!

This report just keeps getting better!

Great job on the Dole Whip! Sorry about your little punching bag.

GCA- I had forgotten all about that, but if I'm not mistaken that stuff was the cause of my first bad experience with adult beverages.

I also love Fort-Thirty. I'm going to use that.

TCD

Thank ya' sir. That's the first time I saw GCA in years. Thought it might be a comical take on the BTS.

Oh my goodness. OV splits! Yup, I remember them. I think we'd drink twice as much though, thinking they're so small it was OK.

I'm from a small - no tiny - town called Sidney. I was born in Oneonta, and went to college in Binghamton. Sidney is on I-88 in between those 2 cities.

I worked in Syracuse for a while, and still root for the Orangemen!

2nd and backing up a few pics, I swear to you that when I first saw the B&W of RC, Gilligan's Island came to mind. Then when I read your later post, Twilight Zone came to mind. If we keep drinking Magic Hat #9 together, you may start talking rocket science in your TR's.....dude, that's crazy talk......I think I need another beer....I hear a HEX calling me.

Hey, lay off the Casio. That's a rocket scientist's watch, standard equipment for us Dilbert types. I know, you are just jealous of all the camo I was sporting....hat, shorts, shirt, glasses, sun-reddened face and a poop-eatin' grin...I coulda been on the set with the 4077th and fit right in......boo yah !!

You guys see what I have to deal with?

Very cool update!!!! Relaxin at the Fort is the BEST!!!!

Indeed indeed. Next time we hope to achieve sloth!

Oh my goodness. OV splits! Yup, I remember them. I think we'd drink twice as much though, thinking they're so small it was OK.

I'm from a small - no tiny - town called Sidney. I was born in Oneonta, and went to college in Binghamton. Sidney is on I-88 in between those 2 cities.

I worked in Syracuse for a while, and still root for the Orangemen!

I don't miss it, to be absolutely honest. We go up by you guys kind of often. My sister lives in Orange Park.