Hot Fun in the Summertime-TCD's August 2012 TR

The Nutella and fruit Waffle @ Sleepy Hollow is on my to do list for the MK.

It's on mine now too. S70 likes these as well.

Very nice report!!!!

Thanks.

I try.

You're terrible. :rofl2:

I know.

But I speak the truth.

Awesome as always TCD!

Thank's LL.

Just another month for you, right?

I guess if you balance the electricians work effort out with that of Mr brown painter guy, and you would get an average days work.

Another TCD TR in the can and shared for all to enjoy.

Nice work and photos as always. Particularly interesting was the photo essay on the bus stops. Kind of cool to,see them synopsized all in one sequence.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks.

You know I want the brown painter guy's job.

It is true that there is a lot of brown stuff at the Fort, but he obviously has plenty of time to paint it.

As always, an awesome report!

Thanks, Gwen.

I am glad you liked it.

WOW!! We (Coca-Cola Equipment Services) really screwed up when we placed that vendor!! :banghead:

I know.

That free candy and snacks on the second floor is supposed to be a secret.

It's free, you know.

I am going to throw out a wild shot in the dark on the yellow tent. Maybe another baby care center. Like the one next to Crystal Palace. Probably not though since it would make sense to put a baby and first aid place next to the biggest little kids play area. Just a thought though. And the wifi is supposed to be so the smartphone users can actually use the new disney app with their next gen fast pass system.

Let's see how I do.

That's a good guess. The CM we spoke to said he heard it was a place that people could rest, whatever that means. So, maybe they move the whole baby care center out here. I still say it's going to be something that can bring in revenue. Maybe this is going to be some kind of an updated internet cafe where people can do stuff with the wi-fi and next gen stuff. It's weird that they show the thing on the map and model and then don't say anything about it.

The twins and I are expecting some kind of big announcement from Disney about new technology in the parks. There is no way that they are suddenly giving away wi-fi for free unless they have some kind of angle to make money off of it. One of the twins says watch for Disney to launch its own social network site- something to take on Facebook and Instagram.

TCD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wouldn't be breaking the" open container law" and he would have to let you on, unless you were visibly intoxicated. For those of you with the Red Solo Cups, unless you have a cover on it, you're n

I sure it has nothing to do with Uranus, BM, hanging chad, or slow movements down a canal. It has to do with the lack of beer, doesn't it?

With statements like that, I'm beginning to doubt that you actually know Bobby.

Phew, I'm finally caught up.

I loved your bus stop post, not because I didn't know where they were, but I never pay attention to the details such as benches, railings....Very neat indeed!

I feel I should discourage you from taking cold showers. I've heard that it causes shrink.....um, goosebumps.

I'm so happy the girls got a nutella waffle. I'm actually drooling just a bit right now.

I'm not going to be sad that this report is over, I'm going to be happy that it happened. (I read that somewhere...pretty heavy, huh? :animated-smileys-character-024:

Phew, I'm finally caught up.

I loved your bus stop post, not because I didn't know where they were, but I never pay attention to the details such as benches, railings....Very neat indeed!

I feel I should discourage you from taking cold showers. I've heard that it causes shrink.....um, goosebumps.

I'm so happy the girls got a nutella waffle. I'm actually drooling just a bit right now.

I'm not going to be sad that this report is over, I'm going to be happy that it happened. (I read that somewhere...pretty heavy, huh? :animated-smileys-character-024:

It is kind of neat how the bus stops are all just a little different, but have the same basic design and theme.

Luckily, I didn't have to take a cold shower-so no unwanted side effects.

I know you liked the nutella waffle. But, the twins really, really liked it. Especially how the fruit was cut fresh right in front of them.

Funny you mentioned that saying- I think it comes from Dr. Seuss. I saw it some time before our recent cruise, and I kept on saying it, in various forms, to the girls as we drove back home. It got really annoying, so I had to stop. I'm not allowed to say it any more.

TCD

No.

I was talking about Monday morning August, 13- the last day of this trip.

TCD

Well duh. I must have been jumping between forums/topics and lost track of where I was. oops

Another TTCDTR - "Terrific TCD Trip Report"!!

It was so nice to run into you during this trip. Thank you so much for the RR spike.

It's funny how we noticed many of the very same things, too. You'll see a lot of very similar photos in the TR I am working on. If I skipped them, I wouldn't have much left to use for it, so everyone will just have to look at them again!

FP4

Thank You for sharing.....

And thank you for reading!

Well duh. I must have been jumping between forums/topics and lost track of where I was. oops

Another TTCDTR - "Terrific TCD Trip Report"!!

It was so nice to run into you during this trip. Thank you so much for the RR spike.

It's funny how we noticed many of the very same things, too. You'll see a lot of very similar photos in the TR I am working on. If I skipped them, I wouldn't have much left to use for it, so everyone will just have to look at them again!

FP4

I say post away.

I think it's fun to see someone else's photos from the same time. Even though we may have photos of the same thing, they will still be taken from a different point of view.

When the holidays roll around, we will have lots of trip reports with photos of the same things. Not a problem at all!

And you are welcome for the spike. Every Fiend is supposed to get spiked! And Lou and I will do our best to make that happen.

TCD

Thank you for all of the hard work you do in documenting and spending time at the Fort.

Hard work, you must be kidding. He's enjoying it. I call that goofing off with a camera.

Men like you make the world a better place.

Can the Noble Peace Prize be far behind?

So I named you, a Real Fiend of Genus!

We really need an intervention, or exorcism, to bring Eric back into the real world.

I'll get the holy water ready for your next visit to the Fort, my son.

Bob and Dave will assist.

Funny you mentioned that saying- I think it comes from Dr. Seuss. I saw it some time before our recent cruise, and I kept on saying it, in various forms, to the girls as we drove back home. It got really annoying, so I had to stop. I'm not allowed to say it any more.

TCD

It is a quote from Dr. Seuss. I say it to my kids and yes, they too get annoyed.

Thank you for the time you took on this report, enjoyed it as usual. Where else can you get a photo tour of the bus stops? How about a tour of the comfort stations next time (and please, don't include any astronomy pictures i.e. Uranus).

And getting spiked is such a special event! Thank you and Lou again!

You are most welcome, Gwen.

I am jealous that it was Lou who got to spike you and not me.

Thank you for all of the hard work you do in documenting and spending time at the Fort. Men like you make the world a better place.

So I named you

A Real Fiend of Genus!

(Enjoyed the report as always!)

Wow.

Thanks.

But I agree with what Lou said- I am just a guy goofing off with a camera. Then I put them online and add my efforts at some witty comments, and that's it. Nothing deserving of an award or anything.

Nutella anything is yum...

I am still not that much of a fan. All my daughters love it. None of us had ever tried it until the oldest DD went off to college and discovered it. It's been around for a long time, but seems to be catching on.

:bravo: :yourock: Thanks again for a wonderful trip report :jumpforjoy

Thanks. I appreciate all compliments.

TDC

Thank you for your trip report, your post about the bus stops will be especially helpful to show DD where the stops are and what they look like.

Loved the pics of the barn

Thank you again

Ann and John

DD-26

DGD-11

DGD-2

24 days till we are in the fort

Well, you are welcome.

Thanks for posting.

Only 24 days until you are at the Fort.

Maybe if you get busy posting you will earn yourself a genuine Fort Wilderness Rail Road spike.

Hard work, you must be kidding. He's enjoying it. I call that goofing off with a camera.

Can the Noble Peace Prize be far behind?

We really need an intervention, or exorcism, to bring Eric back into the real world.

I'll get the holy water ready for your next visit to the Fort, my son.

Bob and Dave will assist.

And, I will hold him down.

I'm just a rock star. Not a rocket scientist.

I'm sad that this is the end of another fantastic TCD TR. Hopefully it won't be too long before another. Thanks for taking us along on the ride.

I hope it won't be long too.

Once college football season arrives, it gets tricky finding time to get to the Fort.

Speaking of the Fort, when are you going to drive that beautiful new motorhome down for its maiden voyage?

TCD - As always, GREAT report. Looks like you had a good (hot) time.

Yes, it was hot.

But, we were lucky and had some cool(ish) evenings.

I also meant to mention that the bugs were not bad at all. I saw one Yellow Fly the entire trip. And we ran into a couple of mosquitoes when we visited the campfire that one night. Otherwise, no bugs at all.

A lot of folks say they would never camp in August because of the heat and bugs. Those are not reasons to stay away.

Great job as always. And next time your at the fort tell them there is a a guy in Texas in need of a cap or visor or both.

Will do.

They really ought to get some hats in there. I am sure they would sell.

Thank you for another great trip report.

And Thank You for reading!

TCD

Enjoyed your latest report!

Nancy-

You get your own reply.

Thanks for posting.

I see you have 63 posts now.

Great job!

This is where I will put my message to any lurkers reading along . . .

Nancy used to be a lurker. Then she came out of lurkdom to post on a TCD trip report.

Look how much fun she is having now!

To all you lurkers reading along- you ought to join and post too.

You won't regret it.

Ask Nancy.

TCD

It is a quote from Dr. Seuss. I say it to my kids and yes, they too get annoyed.

Thank you for the time you took on this report, enjoyed it as usual. Where else can you get a photo tour of the bus stops? How about a tour of the comfort stations next time (and please, don't include any astronomy pictures i.e. Uranus).

Oh, you are trouble.

Post photos of the comfort stations, but none of Uranus?

I get it!

Funny!

I actually think it would be a good idea to post photos of the comfort stations. They are all a little bit different too. I will put this on my list for a future trip.

TCD