FortFiends.net goes up yet another notch!

Seems that we've hit the radar of the folks at TouringPlans! :D

From an article on nurturing your Disney obsession...

Enjoy camping, especially at Fort Wilderness? Chat with those crazy “Fort Fiends.”

http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/08/17/my-life-goes-disney-the-magic-of-disney-at-home/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, just think...without Jen and Chris, we'd be looping at the fort, looking at other people thinking "wow...those people are kinda weird..." Now we're sharing drinks with those same people.

does this mean we have to behave so we don't drive the real non- crazy folks off? or do we just keep Dave and Lou and hope for the best?

That is really cool, Mo! What is it they say? If you build a better mousetrap, they will beat a path to your door? Well, I know of a place that once built a pretty decent mousetrap, but then the ow

Any time we can get some recognition from any of the well-established, popular Disney fan sites out there (that get heaping pantloads of traffic), and with a link to boot (!) it's pretty awesome.

That means one more big ol' door with a flashing sign reading "hey gang, go check out that FortFiends.net" site.

We're making big gains in Google for Fort specific searches (and in record time when it comes to search rankings), but stuff like this will help bump us up even more, and reach an even broader audience. :D

That is really cool, Mo! What is it they say? If you build a better mousetrap, they will beat a path to your door? Well, I know of a place that once built a pretty decent mousetrap, but then the owners of the mousetrap shop made a very curious decision to kick their customers out and lock the door behind them. A couple of the mousetrap customers built and even better mousetrap and invited everyone from far and wide to come and share in the mousetraps, to help others obtain mousetraps, to spread the word about mousetraps and to get together as often as possible to enjoy each other's company and share mousetrap stories.

And whatever happened to that original store that had built the pretty good mousetrap? Last I heard they had caught a snake in their mousetrap and now nobody wants them anymore.

does this mean we have to behave so we don't drive the real non- crazy folks off?

or do we just keep Dave and Lou and hope for the best?

I'm not behaving and I doubt Dave is.

I'm sure we scare away some new members or make some people hide at the Fort.

FF.Net got started because some were too Snarky. We shouldn't compromise our Snarky roots or lose our edginess just to attract new members or make everyone feel at home. We are what we are.

There are plenty of other websites if that's what they're looking for.

We'll lose some, but IMO, gain a lot more than we lose.