A Quick Weekend to the World - A Labor Day Getaway

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm late, but I'm here! Am I the only one who think Innoventions is silly? It just seems like there's nothing of interest in there anymore. Maybe if I had little ones, I'd feel differently? I bet you

I have got to take time to take a stroll like you do and take time to actually see things. I have always been too busy trying to get everything seen to slow done. Enjoying your pics!

Yeah, visiting as much as we do, we do a lot more strolling and a lot fewer attractions. I think we rode 3 attractions all weekend.

IMG_1351.jpg

More to come!

Believe it or not Sissy got her head stuck in the fence here the first time she was there. We had every wanna-be hero come over and tell her how it wasn't her fault and try to push the bars apart. After a while I just put my hand on the back of her head bent her over and pushed her head out the same way it went in, face first, called her a dumb ass and away we went while some wanna-be kept telling her it wasn't her fault, well dumbass, who's fault was it?

Believe it or not Sissy got her head stuck in the fence here the first time she was there. We had every wanna-be hero come over and tell her how it wasn't her fault and try to push the bars apart. After a while I just put my hand on the back of her head bent her over and pushed her head out the same way it went in, face first, called her a dumb ass and away we went while some wanna-be kept telling her it wasn't her fault, well dumbass, who's fault was it?

Sounds like exactly the way my grandfather would have handled it. Complete with the dumbass award.

Enjoying your pics Carol. I feel like I was walking right there with you!

Why are those people laughing at poor Alice?

The first thing I thought was, sweet little Alice ripped one as she walked by. Notice her smug smile and the lady behind her is leaning away and covering her nose.

I could be wrong, but that's the story I'm sticking with. ;D

After a while I just put my hand on the back of her head bent her over and pushed her head out the same way it went in, face first, called her a dumb ass

:rotfl6: Bob, my grandfather would have said the same thing! Good stuff!

Enjoying your pics Carol. I feel like I was walking right there with you!

The first thing I thought was, sweet little Alice ripped one as she walked by. Notice her smug smile and the lady behind her is leaning away and covering her nose.

I could be wrong, but that's the story I'm sticking with. ;D

check out the other lady in the photo... something surely happened

Believe it or not Sissy got her head stuck in the fence here the first time she was there.

Why does this not surprise me? :))

Why was I going to post the same thing,this morning but the puter stopped working, so you beat me to it :rofl2:

My Granddaddy would have said something to the effect of "Bet ya won't do that again will ya kid"

Carol

Love Love the pictures

Much better than 'oh you poor little baby' and then stupid little baby does same thing again for the 'lovin' attention.........

Loving all the photos and all the strolling!

Also loving that new "beverages around the world" shirt. And it comes in purple. Hmmmm...

Hummm...do we know anyone who could add a little Snark(y) to that shirt ;)

Just a quick reply to the comments. I really appreciate when everyone reads and comments on trip reports!! It really makes the report a fun read!!!!

Now to continue on!!

We're taking a rest stop before continuing our stroll to World Showcase

IMG_1342.jpg

I dig this pic. I can almost hear Figment rapping it out.

Great Epcot photos, Carol.

It doesn't look very crowded there, considering it's Labor Day weekend.

Bob- your story about Sissy is a riot.

My Granddaddy would have said something to the effect of "Bet ya won't do that again will ya kid"

This talk reminded me of something my own grandfather, may he rest in peace, did.

He once let our dog sniff his lit cigar. The dog yelped in pain. My grandfather said: "That will learn him." He was from Brooklyn so it sounded more like "That'll loin 'im." That saying was one my brother and sisters and I used from then on. Fall of your bike? That will loin ya. Burn your tongue on hot soup? That will loin ya. Get your head stuck in some bars at Epcot? That will loin you too.

TCD

Such wonderful comments from everyone!!! I've been a bit busy lately, and have not been updating like I should. I do have a bit of time for another update though!

When we last left off, Rick had grabbed me a Grand Marnier slushie, so I went off to my next area to watch the world go by, and Rick went into the Japan store to buy a pearl or two. He has this thing with the way they open the pearls for you and the little show they do, so he get's a pearl or two every trip.

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

Then, I decided to wander through the Japan gardens

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

I have a mission each trip to try and see something I've never seen before. It may be a small thing, and only take a few minutes, but it makes each and every trip special. I didn't have anything in particular in mind this trip, but when wandering Japan waiting on Rick, I ran across this museum. I'd never been in there before, so this was my something NEW!!

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

Now, I've caught back up with Rick, and we're strolling some more.

IMG_1467.jpg

More coming soon!