In which we go to Disney and bring home a kitten

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TR, this a TR, never mind, I'm outaheya!

Because being a Fiend means never having to say you're sorry!!

Monday morning was Casey's YES class. So, Casey and I had a quick breakfast of cereal and we headed to the bus stop. We were very lucky and only waited a few minutes for the bus, then made the 8:30

Hey everybody, this is my first post, that's right I'm coming outta lurkdom on Cindy's TR. Nope not a TCD TR, this one. Why? Because of a What The Fort? moment that I'm surprised Dave nor TCD caught.

Yeah, sure bride's ears and the old guy is a "what the fort?" Said the same thing myself.

But I'm talking bout "WHAT THE FORT?!?!" in this pic:

CaseyJrAug19.jpg

Look at the girl on the wall and whats going on. WHAT THE FORT?

Wow good catch Mecha. I blew by that twice without noticing. Welcome! With your attention to detail you will do well here.

Wow, that IS a good catch. But there is a logical explanation. They just got to the MK after freeloading at the Fort pool all afternoon, and the girl needed to change into dry clothes.

hahahaha - that's funny! But I doubt it, since the MK costs money to get in!

My guess is the mom is putting on the girl's swimsuit so she can play in the Casey splash area.

But still, how about using the girl's room next time?

Good catch, Mecha Geek, and welcome!!!

Since I was one of the 37 hi-jackers just let me say sorry to Cindy.

I am enjoying the report especially seeing the reactions of the kids when you got to WDW. Like Xmas morning!

Can't wait for more

Where's Lou? There is no apologizing at FF. Interaction is what makes the site great. And almost everyone likes a good hijack (and yep I said WTF too). Oh and :insanity: don't forget to stop by the introduction thread.

Since I was one of the 37 hi-jackers just let me say sorry to Cindy.

I am enjoying the report especially seeing the reactions of the kids when you got to WDW. Like Xmas morning!

Can't wait for more

Rule #49 in the Fiend handbook...

No Fiend shall ever apologize for hijacking a thread.

Even their own.

Rule #17 in the Fiend handbook...

If too much time passes between posts in a TR, see rule #49.

Rule #49 in the Fiend handbook...

No Fiend shall ever apologize for hijacking a thread.

Even their own.

Rule #17 in the Fiend handbook...

If too much time passes between posts in a TR, see rule #49.

Because being a Fiend means never having to say you're sorry!! :))

Monday morning was Casey's YES class.

So, Casey and I had a quick breakfast of cereal and we headed to the bus stop. We were very lucky and only waited a few minutes for the bus, then made the 8:30 boat to MK. I was nervous about the class as I had nightmares about not finding the people/place. We got off the boat and went right to guest services. Of course NO ONE new what we were talking about! ugh!!!! I asked 3 CM's and no one knew what a YES class was. I finally found a CM who knew what I was talking about, but said a lot of the classes were already in the MK. EEEK!!! I showed them my paper work stating to meet at the MK turnstiles at 9am.... Then this wonderful CM heard us and offered to take us to find the YES class people. He stayed with us till we found some of them way off to the right hand side. Whew. By this time I was shaking! poor Casey was worried that I was so nervous. (I just knew if we didn't register that our tickets for the parks would become invalid... so I wanted to make sure we were all set). Anyway after the Opening show, they separated the kids into small groups and assigned a guide. Casey's group only had 7 kids in it. We headed into the MK and over to a side street. The guide had the kids draw a wave. Then they discussed sound waves, ect. very interesting. Then we headed over to the cafe in Tomorrow land (inside for AC) they did more hands on demonstrations and fun stuff talking about sound and light waves. Next, we went to ride the Stitch ride. Then more inside work for the kids (group questions and such).

YesClassAug20.jpg

Then we headed over to Liberty square to discuss light and refraction/reflection. After that, we headed to ride the Haunted Mansion! and the highlight of the class, we got to go BEHIND the scenes inside the HM!!! it was so cool!!!!!!!!!!! After that we saw Mickey's Philharmagic and the class was over around 12pm. Casey and I headed out back to Main Street to do some pin trading and catch the boat to the Fort, but stopped to see Auroa because her line was empty!

CaseyAuroaAug20.jpg

We went back and had some lunch and swam in the Meadow's pool. Ken and Ky had been at the pool since 10am!

Then, we headed over to Epcot around 4pm for dinner and some fun. We went to Innovations, Figment, Club Cool and some of the countries. Yummy pastry in France! Ky was a bit tired and didn't even want to go to Epcot, but she had fun once there. She had a minor meltdown over sharing her dessert... but got over it and enjoyed her choc moouse (We all shared the Choc moose, giant cookies and Apple tart). I don't have any photos since I don't have my PhotoPass CD yet, and was too busy enjoying it to take photos. whoops. Epcot was our favorite park! We went there 4 times during our vacation.

Man, i missed a lot on this thread, but I am caught up now.

First, I need to say welcome to Mecha Geek! And what a great way to join in the fun! Good job on catching the What The Fort? moment in that photo!

Cindy- thanks for sharing your experience with the YES class. I guess this was some kind of science class. How does this work? Do you pay a fee and then get discounted park tickets or something? I have heard of YES, but I'm not really sure what it is.

TCD