In which we go to Disney and bring home a kitten

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TR, this a TR, never mind, I'm outaheya!

Because being a Fiend means never having to say you're sorry!!

Monday morning was Casey's YES class. So, Casey and I had a quick breakfast of cereal and we headed to the bus stop. We were very lucky and only waited a few minutes for the bus, then made the 8:30

Friday we went to Hollywood Studios. I must say, this was my least favorite. I really think it was because we should have had another rest day.... but alas, so much to do so little time.

Plus the fact that Ky lost it at the Indian Jones stunt show. She was so scared of all the fire. poor kid. BAD mommy for taking her just cause she's seen the movie. stupid me. Plus the fact that we did not tour efficiently. We kept chris crossing the park all day trying to see certian shows. I wish I could do that day over. We did have fun! really we did.... I just think I should have planned our day better to give us less walking around, more relaxing, seeing more shows... ah well. It's a reason to go back, no?

I woke everyone up at 8am, we got ready quickly and had some cereal... not everyone was in a good mood... I think my youngest (Kylie) was still tired. We drove over to HS.

Got some quick photos by the Hat

Photo0135FourBySix.jpg

Photo0141FourBySix.jpg

Then headed over to get Toy Story FPs. They were already out to 1pm. yikes!

We wandered around and got a photo w/ Mike

Photo0149FourBySix.jpg

Then headed over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. Kylie LOVED this place and Ken took her back at least 3 times.

If you look to the back left of this photo you can see Ken yawning in the background... at this point in the trip he was already theme parked out. poor guy.

HSKplay3Aug24.jpg

HSKplay1Aug24.jpg

Both girls really liked the playground and we must have spent over an hour there the first time.

HSKplay2Aug24.jpg

HSKplayAug24.jpg

HSKplay4Aug24.jpg

HSKplay5Aug24.jpg

Then we headed over to see the Indian Jones Stunt show. I got to be an EXTRA!!! I loved it. However, after I felt bad for leaving Ken alone w/ Kylie. He told me she cried almost the entire show. :( poor thing. She did not like me being in the show either. Casey loved it and took a ton of photos! I'll only post one since you really can't see me anyway. I'm third from the right kinda in the back.

IndianAug24.jpg

IndianJonesAug24.jpg

Being an extra was a blast! I highly recommend it.

Anyway, Ky was pretty upset, so we waited till the theather was empty and she was calmer to leave. We asked her what she wanted to do next... so off we went to see Beauty and the Beast. She loved this show and was enthralled.

KyEnthralledBeautyAug24.jpg

Then Ken took Ky back to the playground while Casey and I rode Rock n Roller coaster w/ only a 10 min wait. We both enjoyed it. Then headed over to Tower of Terror. Unfortunealty, I had given my lanyard to Ken... so no photopass photos of those rides. Bummer!!! I loved ToT!!! I could have take a few more rides... But it made Casey a bit queasy. I was totally bummed. It took her over an hour to feel better.

We went to meet Ken and Ky at the playground and had a snack. Then over to ride our Toy Story FPs. Casey still wasn't 100%, so I don't think she enjoyed it as much as she would have if we hadn't rode ToT. The thing is she usually loves spinny rides and rollercoasters and has been dying to go on ToT since she read about it. Wish I had give her the Dramamine first, I just didn't think it would affect her like that. Next time, right?

We had lunch at the boat by the Hat. Yummy Hot Dog Pretzel rolls. :-) A bit to much mustard for the girls, but Ken and I liked them.

We then headed for the Animation place. We check it out then Kylie and I went to watch Little Mermaid while Ken and Casey went to the other stunt show. After Little Mermaid Ky and I went back to the Animation building. It started to downpour! so we meet a lot of characters. Mr & Mrs. Incredible, Pinocchio, Gipetto, Pooh, S. Mickey, Handy Manny.

PoohKyAug24.jpg

PinochooAug24.jpg

HandyMandy2Aug24.jpg

Photo0186FourBySix.jpg

SorMickeyAug24.jpg

Photo0207FourBySix.jpg

Gepetto kissed our hands :)

PinochooGepettoAug24.jpg

GipettoAug24.jpg

Since it wasn't busy, Ky got to really spend some time with the characters. Mrs. Incredible showed Ky how to do a bunch of poses and Ky followed right along. She still talks about that.

KyMrsIncredibleAug24.jpg

KyMrsIncredible2Aug24.jpg

KyMrMrsIncredible2Aug24.jpg

The girls did a LOT of pin trading in that building too, since it rained HARD for over an hour.

HandyMandy2Aug24.jpg

Then Ken and Casey showed up and the girls and I took the Animation class. We got to draw Bolt. Wish I had taken photos.... it was fun!!! After that, Casey and I went to ride Star Wars.

Oh and we missed Casey's Padawan class cause of the T-storm. oh well.

We got some good Photo pass photo sometime during the day as well.

Photo0154FourBySix.jpg

Photo0157FourBySix.jpg

Photo0158FourBySix.jpg

And watched the Traveling comedians, which were very very funny.

At around 7:30, everyone was pretty much ready to go back to the campground. I offered to stay with Casey and see Fantasmic! but she just didn't want to. She reallly just was tired and really wanted to go swimming. I even offered to take her to MK to watch Wishes from inside the park (as MK had EMH). But alas, she just wanted to hit the pool. The kids loved the Meadow's pool.

So, we went back and got a GAG from Trails end, went swimming then called it a night.

Hulahoop2Aug24.jpg

HulahoopAug24.jpg

Sorry the little one didn't like you being in the show. I had a blast too when I was a extra. I totally hammed it up too. I am glad you took them to the pool so that they had a happy ending to everything. The character photos look like they had some pretty good in between times too. :)

I will say that because of the shows, Studios is really a two 1/2 day park. When we were really into seeing everything, we did shows one day, then concentrated on attractions the next. It is too hard to fit the attractions in between the shows.

I will say that because of the shows, Studios is really a two 1/2 day park. When we were really into seeing everything, we did shows one day, then concentrated on attractions the next. It is too hard to fit the attractions in between the shows.

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks this way. This is one of the reasons I wanted park hoppers for this year (ended up with APs).

Sorry the little one didn't like you being in the show. I had a blast too when I was a extra. I totally hammed it up too. I am glad you took them to the pool so that they had a happy ending to everything. The character photos look like they had some pretty good in between times too. :)

I have never been picked to be an extra for Indiana Jones, but I want to be picked. I have a great plan too. I am going to ham it up like the guy who ends up standing out (I won't say too much so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the show). I want to mimic all the things he does, and then see what they do. Could be funny!

Oh, and I wanted to add that with the new strict Fastpass enforcement, we have to do a lot more walking in DHS to do the things we like to do. It is hard with the shows. When you were allowed to use Fastpasses late, it wasn't a big deal. You could gather Fastpasses, see the shows you wanted to, and then use the Fastpasses when convenient. I never thought about Carol's plan to just go for two half days- that is a good idea.

TCD

I'm very late to the party, but I couldn't resist reading it all this morning when I saw it was your first trip. Loved seeing it through your eyes. I also love seeing how much you let your kids just play and have fun. Those will be some of the best memories. With all the stuff to do at WDW some of my kids' best memories are from the playtime.

I had typed out all of Saturday... it got lost in a "timed out connection"

Ugh. Ok... here goes again.

On Saturday we had a Fort day! Yippee.

We all slept in past 9am. When Ky woke up and brushed her teeth her eye tooth that had been loose for MONTHS finally fell out! She was so excited and told me how she was sure that Tinker Bell would be taking over for the tooth fairy since we were at Walt Disney World.

KytoothAug25.jpg

We all had a leisurely breakfast, then put our swimsuits on and headed for the pool. Did I mention how much the girls loved the pool? well, we spent all day there!

PoolGamesAug25.jpg

I snuck away to the Meadow Trading post with the excuse I was going to make lunch. Ken stayed w/ the girls at the pool. I looked around the trading post for something small and inexpensive to put under Ky's pillow. No luck. So I asked the nice ladies working there to help me out. We searched around for a bit when the younger of the two said she might have a pin in the back that had pixie dust attached. I had just settled on a small charm for a bracelet, when the young lady came back. She GAVE me a small baggie of pixie dust and a Tinker Bell pin for Kylie! I was so excited! I love extra magic :-) Those ladies were so kind. :heart: I headed back to the camper to make lunch and hide my stash.

We stayed at the pool till around 2pm when Lou text-ed me that he was coming by for a visit w/ Buddy and the kitten. What a nice visit we had! I got to meet Buddy and Lou's lovely wife. The girl loved the tiny kitten and also Buddy, who was very friendly. I took a few photos of the girls with the kitten and I even got a photo of our FAVORITE WDW bus driver. I'm just bummed I didn't get a photo of Lou's lovely wife too.

GirlsLouBuddyAug25.jpg

LouCaseyAug25.jpg

LouAug25.jpg

After Lou left, we headed back to the pool. I got a text from Lorna that she was stopping by with some Fiends. So I headed back to the camper while Ken stayed at the pool. I got a nice visit w/ Lorna, Richie, Doodle, Mike and TJ. I was angry that I didnt' take any photos! so as I was heading back to the pool, I snapped this quick photo of them driving by heading to get a GaG for dinner. hee hee hee hee

FiendsonCartAug25.jpg

My family and I had dinner by the pool. Ken and I ordered their turkey sandwich, it was good, and the girls split something that I can't remember now. around 6pm we headed back to the camper to change so we could head over to the Campfire Sing along. The girls put on their pjs and I grabbed the smore's fixins.

I kinda wish we had gotten to attend the campfire more, but the thunderstorms came about that time most every day, or we were at the parks. But we did enjoy this one.

The music was entertaining!

Campfire3Aug25.jpg

CampfireAug25.jpg

Campfire2Aug25.jpg

And the girls were thrilled to hug Dale.

Dale3Aug25.jpg

Dale2Aug25.jpg

DaleAug25.jpg

They even got to do the Hokey Pokey with Chip & Dale

Campfire4Aug25.jpg

it was a fun evening!

We didn't stay for the movie because we had already seen it and it was late. So, we headed back to the camper.

I got a 2nd visit from the Fiends and Ken took our photo.

Fiends2Aug25.jpg

That's Mike & Richie in the back, Then me, Lorna & Doodle in the front.

All in all a really GREAT day!

Sunday we headed to Animal Kingdom. It was cloudy with showers, but not to bad considering the hurricane was coming.

We were at AK shortly after it opened.

The girls stopped to see a CM with a scorpion.

ScorpionAK_Aug26.jpg

Then the family photo w/ the tree.

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

Then off to walk thru Discovery island. We stopped to look at all the animals, then headed to the safari.

KidsfeatherAK_Aug26.jpg

The girls and I only had to wait 5 min for the safari! and we loved it. Here's quite a few photos:

Here's one I took of Ky taking a photo. She took a lot of these photos herself. quite the budding photographer!

SafariAK_Aug26.jpg

HippsAK_Aug26.jpg

anthillAK_Aug26.jpg

GiraffeAK_Aug26.jpg

Giraffe2AK_Aug26.jpg

OstrichEggsAK_Aug26.jpg

FlamingosAK_Aug26.jpg

ElephantAK_Aug26.jpg

Elephant2AK_Aug26.jpg

lionsAK_Aug26.jpg

After the safari we walked around a bit got fast passes for Everest and took some photo pass photos while we waited for Flights of Wonder.

In front of Mt Everest

Photo0220FourBySix.jpg

Photo0224FourBySix.jpg

We all loved this bird show! I think this was one of my favorites!

BaldEagleAK_Aug26.jpg

BaldEagle2AK_Aug26.jpg

meBirdsAK_Aug26.jpg

After that, Ken and Ky headed over to do some kid stations on their way to the Boneyard. Casey and I used our fast pass for Everest. It was like a 2 min wait! I really liked it, but Casey said she liked RocknRoller coaster better. So, we only rode once.

Photo0228FourBySix.jpg

Then we headed over to meet Ken and Ky at the Boneyard. The girls really enjoyed this and we spent quite a bit of time there.

BoneyardAK_Aug26.jpg

Boneyard2AK_Aug26.jpg

KyBoneyardAK_Aug26.jpg

Then we walked over to see Lion King and take photos at Camp Minnie Mickey

CaseyAK_Aug26.jpg

We all really loved the Lion King show. I think it was my favorite theater performance. Ky got a bit freaked out when the fire dancer lit his sticks... but she got over it quickly and enjoyed the show. I really loved the monkey gymnasts.

Photo limit.. so I'll have to cont...

Sunday cont...

Ky loved taking her photo with all the characters. We did not have to wait in long lines since it had started to rain. But it only rained for like 15min. So it we got to see a lot of the characters.

Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

KyLouieBlueAK_Aug26.jpg

Photo0230FourBySix.jpg

Photo0254FourBySix.jpg

Photo0249FourBySix.jpg

GirlsDuckAK_Aug26.jpg

GirlsDuck2AK_Aug26.jpg

Photo0236FourBySix.jpg

Photo0233FourBySix.jpg

PocohontasAK_Aug26.jpg

KyDinoAK_Aug26.jpg

We headed back towards the Boneyard and Ky got to ride Tricertops spin. then we headed to see the Nemo show. It was good, but we all liked Lion King better.

KyTrispinAK_Aug26.jpg

It was after 4:30 this point. We had had some snacks through out the day, but were all hungry. I wanted to eat in the park, but got overruled. So, we headed back to the Fort and had a yummy dinner inside Trails End. The girls played checkers while we waited for our table.

Checkers630pm_Aug26.jpg

It was a yummy buffet!

Yet another good day at WDW. :)

It rained really hard ALL Sunday night into Monday morning. So we took the opportunity to really sleep in! I don't think we moved till 10am. LOL! that is so late for my family!

We had a quick breakfast then decided to head to Downtown Disney. By the time we showered and were actually ready to go it was after 11!

We parked over by Disney Quest. The rain had mostly stopped by the time we go there, but we went inside Quest since we had the WaterPark & more option on our tickets.

Quest_Aug27.jpg

When we first went in, it wasn't that busy, so we had a good time playing games. We left shortly after 1pm because it got REALLY busy in there. When we came out there was a long line and they were filled to capacity.

Quest2_Aug27.jpg

So we headed out towards the Earl of Sandwich. I was so looking forward to lunch there.

We stopped by the Legos. We all were impressed by the outside Lego sculptures. So cool! My favorite one was the dragon.

LegoDragon_Aug27.jpg

There was a long line at Earl, but we waited and it was so worth it!!!

I got the tomato basil sandwich, YUMO!

EarlofSand_Aug27.jpg

Casey got a BLT, and I can't remember what Ken and Ky got... but we all enjoyed lunch.

We wandered around the Pin shop and went into Miss Mismatched and some other stores, watched some glass blowing and shopped around the Basin (got us some nice smelling soaps). Then went to Giardelli's for ice cream. Wow was it good!

IceCream_Aug27.jpg

Ken was tired and sick of the crowd at this point, so headed back to camper to read and relax. I think we picked the wrong day to visit DTD, but we had fun anyway. The girls and I shopped, and shopped and shopped! We stopped at Raglan Road and the girls saw an Irish Dancer and got to chat with her for a bit. They were invited back to dance with her on stage at 6:30... but they both felt to shy to do so, so we went back into Disney Quest again and it was a pretty light crowd. We stayed till 8:30, then headed back to where we parked and back to the Fort.

I liked Downtown Disney and would go there again.

Awesome update!

I love how you put your hand out to protect your wee one on Everest. Such a natural reaction.

The kitten and Buddy photos are great.

On our second trip to WDW, my eldest lost his tooth. My youngest piped up with, 'There will be NO Toothfairy. Tinkerbelle is the jealous one. She would rip the Toothfairy's wings right off." Tinkerbelle left a Wilderness Lodge Pin. And wouldn't you know it, 3 days after we were home, my youngest lost his tooth. Good thing the Toothfairy is not the jealous type because Tinkerbell dropped by with the same pin in a green gauze sack. It the stories like these that we are going to remember for a long time.