The Trolls Run from Isaac!

I like the duckface troll... They are annoying when people do it. I will give the girl bonus points for the Yuengling lager.

The hawk is a red shoulder hawk, and i'm sure that he is living large on the lizards at the Fort.

For the beer, my guess on "confound it" would be " Lord of the Rings". I just can't stretch batman into a classic movie. My apologies to Adam West... :rofl2:

I have never had nor seen one of the waffle sandwiches you speak of... tell me more please.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, you're absolutely right, Andrew. Really they need to jackhammer up all the concrete pads in the 700 loop, shore up the foundation, and pour new concrete. Shame, because the 700 loop is, I th

Onward! We're at the Magic Kingdom, and fun, waffles, and a redone BTMR await us! We entered the park with no wait at all. Then we went through the entrance that tunnels underneath the train station a

Onward with the Troll Tribute to Walt Disney Parks' crowning achievement, Splash Mountain! When we last left off, we had just listened in to the boardroom discussion over building Splash Mountain, con

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I liked you.

I am always complaining to my wife about those STUPID duckfaces (I never used that term....I affectionately refer to them as the Skankface). Why skankface? Because whenever I see them it always looks like a girl trying to look "sexy". I hate that term...but I don't know how else to describe it. Especially when it's teenage girls, who are being told by society to grow up too quickly and look like sex objects. STOP IT!!! It is so aggravating to me, that if I ever see a Facebook friend of one of my daughters doing the face I tell my daughter to unfriend them. I don't enforce it...and they think I'm joking, but I find the entire development horrific.

Ok, sorry. Off my soapbox. I'll let you get back to your wannawaffle posting...

I believe the look they're going for is a sexy pout. The good news is, I've only seen girls under 20 doing it (well, except for now, I think Mrs Troll is over 20, not that I'm saying she's old :whew: ) Maybe these girls will outgrow it.

Sorry about your lack of haircuts and waffles. More so the waffles.

Carry on please. I for one am loving your pissy pants attitude and willingness to share it.

So I can hear the character say "confound it" but I can visualize it so this is a complete guess. Is it Space Balls? Do you prefer bud, Milwaukee's, colt, coors or Pabst?

As for Duckface, it looks like they are smelling something stinky to me. Dave, I completely agree with your stance!

Confound it, Norm! I didn't know Duck Faces weren't cool! What am I going to do with all my Duck Face photos? (Oh, and the TCD twins call it a kissy face- and that fad ended over a year ago, thankfully).

I didn't notice Mrs. Troll's Duck Face- my eyes instead focused on the B&A t-shirt! Awesome! But that Bama visor needs to go.

Also, PSA time:

For some unknown reason you can get the Nutella Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow all day, even after 5. It's just the Chicken and Ham ones that they stop serving at 5. So, the waffle machine is still on- why can't they microwave a piece of chicken like they do during the day and throw it on there? Because the place is run by idiots, that's why.

TCD

Donald, on the other hand, loves when Daisy does the duck face.

DSCN4901800x600.jpg

There's wildlife like this all over the Fort. We've even seen bald eagles at the Fort. Very cool.

Not only at the Fort. I see those guys and lots of other wildlife on a regular basis during my travels around WDW.

In fact when working a night shift, I have to be extra careful to be on the lookout for Deer while traveling on the road that runs in front of the Fort.

I've been calling the Duck Face "Stick Face". It's the same face my cats make when they smell something they don't like. I agree there is nothing sexy about it.

I know it's faster to get from The Fort to MK using the busses but the boats are another attraction. Not riding the boats is like not riding the carosel.

What? ????? No waffle sandwich!!!! But I'm starving and I wanted a waffle sandwich!!!!

Trust me, we were, too! We were so disappointed. Fortunately, though, there's like 1,878 other food choices at MK.

Of course, as luck would have it...you shall soon see, out of those 1,878 other choices, we made the very wrong one.

Excellent job Mrs. Troll on the duckface.

My first time at EPCOT was in 1983. It was cool back then...

NO waffles?!! Ugh. Bring on the rides then

Thanks for the compliment on the duckface...

...wait...that was a compliment, right?

Confound it, from the 1966 Batman movie?

Excellent guess! But no. One beer for me.

I like the duckface troll... They are annoying when people do it. I will give the girl bonus points for the Yuengling lager.

The hawk is a red shoulder hawk, and i'm sure that he is living large on the lizards at the Fort.

For the beer, my guess on "confound it" would be " Lord of the Rings". I just can't stretch batman into a classic movie. My apologies to Adam West... :rofl2:

I have never had nor seen one of the waffle sandwiches you speak of... tell me more please.

Lord of the Rings? Again, good guess. But no. Two beers for me.

I wish I had more to tell you about the waffle sandwiches, but I don't. The Disney gestapo denied us the pleasure.

I guess Mary Poppins. Enjoying the report, nature and comedy (duckfaces).

Sorry, Jeff -- wrong! Three beers.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew I liked you.

I am always complaining to my wife about those STUPID duckfaces (I never used that term....I affectionately refer to them as the Skankface). Why skankface? Because whenever I see them it always looks like a girl trying to look "sexy". I hate that term...but I don't know how else to describe it. Especially when it's teenage girls, who are being told by society to grow up too quickly and look like sex objects. STOP IT!!! It is so aggravating to me, that if I ever see a Facebook friend of one of my daughters doing the face I tell my daughter to unfriend them. I don't enforce it...and they think I'm joking, but I find the entire development horrific.

Ok, sorry. Off my soapbox. I'll let you get back to your wannawaffle posting...

I know that what I'm about to post is anathema to the Disney faithful, but I just gotta share:

253001_10151208427937526_353922345_n.jpg

Yes, posting Elmer Fudd on a Disney site is a lot like pouring Pepsi into a Coke glass!

But in this case, I wish I was Elmer.

I believe the look they're going for is a sexy pout. The good news is, I've only seen girls under 20 doing it (well, except for now, I think Mrs Troll is over 20, not that I'm saying she's old :whew: ) Maybe these girls will outgrow it.

I must beg to differ. I have seen 40-something-year-old botox ladies (you know the type I'm talking about) making the duckface.

And, no, I am NOT talking about Mrs. Troll.

Carry on please. I for one am loving your pissy pants attitude and willingness to share it.

Pissy pants attitude? Well that's an...interesting way to describe my style.

I am a troll, you know.

So I can hear the character say "confound it" but I can visualize it so this is a complete guess. Is it Space Balls? Do you prefer bud, Milwaukee's, colt, coors or Pabst?

Four beers for me. And I prefer Stella or Abita Amber.

Confound it, Norm! I didn't know Duck Faces weren't cool! What am I going to do with all my Duck Face photos? (Oh, and the TCD twins call it a kissy face- and that fad ended over a year ago, thankfully).

I didn't notice Mrs. Troll's Duck Face- my eyes instead focused on the B&A t-shirt! Awesome! But that Bama visor needs to go.

Also, PSA time:

For some unknown reason you can get the Nutella Waffle Sandwich at Sleepy Hollow all day, even after 5. It's just the Chicken and Ham ones that they stop serving at 5. So, the waffle machine is still on- why can't they microwave a piece of chicken like they do during the day and throw it on there? Because the place is run by idiots, that's why.

TCD

How funny! I was wondering if you'd notice that Bud and Alley's t-shirt!

And tell your girls thank you for confirming that the duckface fad is coming to an end. Isn't it bizarre how these things get started? I mean, think about it -- if you trace it back far enough, ONE person started it. ONE person did it and someone else thought it was cool. Then the next thing you know, precocious 11-year-olds

are doing it all over Facebook.

I too hate the duck face! Fortunately my girls hate it too and make fun of their friends when they post pictures of their stupid duck faces.

I like your POV pictures, I almost feel like I am there ;).

So glad you're reading along and enjoying the POV pictures! Did you know there's an Anti-Duckface Coalition? It's true! It's on Facebook.

Donald, on the other hand, loves when Daisy does the duck face.

Yeah, but she doesn't have to try.

Not only at the Fort. I see those guys and lots of other wildlife on a regular basis during my travels around WDW.

In fact when working a night shift, I have to be extra careful to be on the lookout for Deer while traveling on the road that runs in front of the Fort.

Hold that thought!

As for your confounding question, is it King Leonardo or Gandalf?

Incorrect. Sorry. Thanks for playing. Five beers for me.

I've been calling the Duck Face "Stick Face". It's the same face my cats make when they smell something they don't like. I agree there is nothing sexy about it.

I know it's faster to get from The Fort to MK using the busses but the boats are another attraction. Not riding the boats is like not riding the carosel.

Agree on the bus...plus they're so nicely air conditioned. But then again, I wouldn't have gotten all these great shots!

Thanks again everyone for the great comments and for reading along! This is so much fun for me. I hope you're having fun, too. An update is in the works.

On with the show!

BTW, did you know there's a limit to how many quote blocks you can have in one post? It's true. I just found out the hard way. Had to split my post into two.

We last left off with us Trolls on our way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We hadn't ridden it since it was reopened after its refurbishment, so I was excited. I really like that ride. It opened right about the same time River Country did.

Same rocks.

On the way there, I snapped this shot of the saloon in Frontier Land:

DSCN4936800x600.jpg

Notice the saloon was opened in 1878.

I wonder how they picked the year each "business" was opened?

I love these details.

Anyway, we got to BTMR, and there was no wait for the standby. So here we are, going up the queue:

DSCN4937800x600.jpg

Notice Mrs. Troll is not waiting up for me.

And here's a shot of the cool waterfall thing:

DSCN4938800x600.jpg

I have no idea who that lady is. She is NOT Mrs. Troll. She wasn't about to wait for me to snap this picture, either. She kind of looked at me like she was annoyed that I was taking a picture of mundane objects when I was supposed to be going forward in the line.

Details. Notice the standing water. That's leftovers from Isaac:

DSCN4939800x600.jpg

And here's a shot of the rock formations from inside the mine office:

DSCN4940800x600.jpg

By the way, do you happen to know the back story of BTMR? It's actually kind of weird. It goes like this -- a mining company accidentally set up a mining town on an ancient Indian burial ground. They named the town Big Thunder. Angered, the disturbed Indian spirits caused a flash flood, swamping Big Thunder. This forced the mining company to abandon their operation. But later, the minders returned to check things out and discovered that the trains they were using to haul the mined ore were now running crazy all around the mountains by themselves.

The trains were possessed by Indian ghosts!

So the miners thought this would be an excellent business opportunity. They decided to sell admission to tourists for rides aboard their haunted trains driven by very angry spirits.

What a business plan!

Gee, I wonder why we have the Consumer Protection Agency?

Anyway, so Mrs. Troll and I were about to embark on a ride on one of those haunted trains. I decided I wanted to take some pictures while riding, so I set my shutter speed to as fast as it would go and decided to hold the camera up and snap pictures at random. Here's what I got:

DSCN4943800x600.jpg

Check this one out:

DSCN4944800x600.jpg

Notice the overturned mine car.

In this shot, notice the gentleman in the car right in front of us:

DSCN4945800x600.jpg

His baseball cap says, "This is my happy face."

And it looks like he's wearing a pin trading lanyard.

I think the exposure of this shot is just about perfect:

DSCN4946800x600.jpg

This shot is a bit blurry but still cool:

DSCN4947800x600.jpg

If you look closely you can see the possums hanging from the tree. I think they were refurb'd.

Look at all these details you just zoom past:

DSCN4948800x600.jpg

And here's the mountain! Notice the lightning rod:

DSCN4949800x600.jpg

Oh yeah...look at this shot! Look at it:

DSCN4950800x600.jpg

Now you can see the guy's cap really well:

DSCN4951800x600.jpg

Look at all the rocks:

DSCN4953800x600.jpg

More cool details of machinery or whatever:

DSCN4954800x600.jpg

Once the ride was done, Mrs. Troll asked if I thought it was longer. I said no. So as others have pointed out here, we're not sure what was refurbished. I assume all the rocks and the characters and such had to be repainted, seeing as they are not real rocks and sit out in the sun and elements all day, every day. Sun has a terrible tendency to fade fake rocks.

But I think looking at my pictures that the ride definitely looks more colorful and better now. It looks much more "alive," if that makes sense.

BTMR is my second favorite ride at the park!

Anyone want to take a guess at what's my first favorite?

Oh, that reminds me! I'm up to five beers from Fort Fiends who've taken guesses at the "Confound it!" quiz and failed. Mrs. Troll suggested that "Confound it!" wasn't quite enough of a hint for folks to guess from, so here's a bit more of the quote: "Confound it, man! Are you afraid of success?"

Now can anyone guess it? Come on -- someone's gotta know! This gives it away.

Up next, we pay Mr. Wazowski a visit.

Jeff owes us all a beer since his guess was a Disney movie and you said it wasn't one.

I must beg to differ. I have seen 40-something-year-old botox ladies (you know the type I'm talking about) making the duckface.

Pissy pants attitude? Well that's an...interesting way to describe my style.

I am a troll, you know.

My bad, you are half correct. I have seen the duck pout from those types, although I don't think it's intentional, it's called overdone. 8)

From my understanding, Trolls have thick skin, so I hoped you weren't offended by being called pissy pants. Grumpy? grouchy? curmudgeonly? opinionated? Whatever you prefer to be called, I like your honesty.

Question: When you take the interesting angle shots (crooked, sideways) do you plan that or just shoot away and see what you come up with?

My bad, you are half correct. I have seen the duck pout from those types, although I don't think it's intentional, it's called overdone. 8)

From my understanding, Trolls have thick skin, so I hoped you weren't offended by being called pissy pants. Grumpy? grouchy? curmudgeonly? opinionated? Whatever you prefer to be called, I like your honesty.

Question: When you take the interesting angle shots (crooked, sideways) do you plan that or just shoot away and see what you come up with?

Yes, you are right -- we trolls have very thick hides. No offense taken -- I just liked your choice of description!

Some of the crooked shots I plan...others I just hold the camera up, snap, and pray.

Remember back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and we had those old "film cameras"? You couldn't really use the "snap and pray" method with those cameras...not unless you were rich.

That would explain why I didn't know where the quote came from. I've never seen the movie... yes, I googled but I won't ruin it for everyone else.

Never saw the movie?!? Oh, you don't know what you're missing. Greatest movie ever made.

OK, saw we just took a ride on the haunted railroad. Now, Laugh Floor.

I like the Laugh Floor. A lot.

I think they ported the idea from that bar at Pleasure Island where the masks on the wall would interact with the bar patrons. What was that place called? It's closed now, but I thought it was clever. I like attractions that are a little different every time you experience them.

So we're on our way to visit the Purple Guy. This guy:

4484419528_f18eff7580_z.jpg

I love this guy.

But before we left Frontier Land, I snapped a shot of this:

DSCN4955800x600.jpg

This is new, isn't it? Look at how they attached the shovel to the post. Who still knows how to work rope like that? How does Disney find people who can do that? "Wanted: Guy who can tie rope in really cool ways to various rustic objects."

I like this shot, if I say so myself:

DSCN4958800x600.jpg

The rocks look like cake frosting, don't they?

Now we're on our way:

DSCN4959800x600.jpg

Bonus points if you can spot the lady scratching her butt.

On the way back through Frontier Land, I noticed the Town Hall:

DSCN4960800x600.jpg

So...wait. The Town Hall was established in 1867, but if you remember from a picture I snapped earlier, the saloon was established in 1878. Are we really supposed to believe that this western town existed for 11 years before a bar was built?! Yeah, right. I've read lots of Louis L'amour books. That makes me an expert on the old west. And I know those cowboy dudes loved to get snockered. In fact, I think that's all they did.

Now study this shot carefully. I really like what's going on here:

DSCN4962800x600.jpg

You can see the rope tier guy's handiwork again here. This time he's made a guard tower structurally sound.

Notice the flag. It's in great condition. There are displays like this guard tower all over MK. Most people -- like 99.9% -- never even notice them. But we do. And think -- someone has to remember that there's a flag on this merely decorative guard tower and that the flag has to be changed out periodically to keep it from looking worn or faded. And it's not even a modern flag. It's one of those flags from before there were 50 states. So is there a warehouse somewhere where replacements for stuff like this are stored?

Hey, has anyone figured out why a one day ticket to this park costs a whopping $80 yet? Anyone?

This guy is lucky. He doesn't have to pay $80 to get in:

DSCN4963800x600.jpg

Mrs. Troll decided to harass him:

DSCN4964800x600.jpg

Notice the two girls in the background looking at Mrs. Troll like she's crazy.

Here's a closeup:

DSCN4965800x600.jpg

After harassing a random bird, Mrs. Troll noticed this woman:

DSCN4966800x600.jpg

Yes, she has her face painted. I could be wrong, but I thought that was just for children? I had to be very sneaky to snap this picture. I told Mrs. Troll to go stand near her so I could pretend I was taking Mrs. Troll's picture when, in fact, I was photographing face painted lady. She didn't even notice me. My sneakiness worked. Now she's on the Internet, for the whole world to see.

Ha ha, I bet her kids were like, "Come on, Mama, get your face painted, too! You don't know anyone here! No one will ever know!"

But then she had the misfortune of crossing path with two nefarious trolls.

Then I snapped this shot:

DSCN4967800x600.jpg

Where does this canal go? I'll have to check Google Earth.

Anyway, can you tell where we are now? We're right at the edge of Main Street, USA!

We were really close to this place:

DSC00631.JPG

It's Casey's Corner!

Have you ever eaten here?

If you haven't, it's a restaurant with a 1920s baseball theme. To complete the theme, they serve "designer" hot dogs.

Well, it's no secret that the Troll is a hot dog junkie. I love hot dogs. Mrs. Troll and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary in Chicago, and I nearly gorged myself on hot dogs. And if you've been following closely, you'll remember that our original plan was to have waffle sandwiches but the waffle sandwich vendor wasn't selling any.

So we were famished.

And a smothered gourmet hot dog sounded really, really good right about now.

So I convinced Mrs. Troll to have gourmet hot dogs for dinner.

Big mistake.

In an earlier installment, I mentioned the fact that there are one thousand and something food choices at the MK. Well, take my advice: Don't fall for the gourmet hot dog trap. Do not, repeat, do NOT eat dinner at Casey's Corner.

Why?

Because Casey's hot dogs suck.

It's purely a case of style over substance. That is, the hot dogs look really, really delicious, but, um, they're not.

Here's a photo of my dog:

DSCN4970800x600.jpg

By that picture you're probably saying, "Troll, you're crazy! That dog looks delicious!"

Trust me -- no.

All that stuff on the top of the dog is merely decoration. And the bun isn't even a good traditional hot dog bun -- it's like a sub roll. Jammed inside of that thick, doughy, dry sub roll is a nasty, cheap, boiled hot dog.

And when I say cheap, I mean cheap. Nasty. You know those cheap packs of hot dogs at the grocery store that say nothing on the label but "HOT DOGS"?

Yeah. Those. That's what they serve at Casey's Corner -- cheap generic boiled hot dogs buried under a mountain of relish and banana peppers, all in a dry, heavy, no flavor sub roll.

And then to add insult to injury, the stupid thing is impossible to eat. As soon as you pick it up and tilt it to take a bite, all the toppings roll off the dog and onto your lap.

And then onto the floor. And then you step in it.

So, you've been warned. No Casey's Corner.

Mrs. Troll didn't like the dogs, either. She was not happy with me for suggesting this for dinner. Now I was in the dog house. Get it? Ha ha! Dog house?

Tough crowd.

But Mrs. Troll wasn't deterred. She was ready for a laugh. Here she is applying her party stick:

DSCN4971800x600.jpg

OK...moving on. The Laugh Floor beckons.

Enjoying pretending I'm there with y'all! I would totally go back to River Country if it were ton reopen! I loved it! I didn't know that look was called the duck face, but I've seen kids posting those on Facebook. Sorry y'all didn't get the waffle sandwiches. Everyone talks about how great they are, so I will have to check them out next time.