Bears are back and not the Country ones either.

Going to Pennsylvania bear country camping today. They are especially active this year for some reason, and this time of year they are trying to fatten up for their hibernation. Guess the Florida bears wouldn't hibernate, though.

Just had a notice put on the truck that the black bears are back in the area...Don't leave food out. What about those people in tents? :bugeyes:

They need to hurry up with that new fence.

TCD

I think you may be onto something here. Maybe the new fence around the dam is for the protection of the bears.

We have been over run with Black Bears up here in my neck of the woods for the last few years. I had one coming in to my tree stand that could rest one hand on the tree and use the other to swat my corn feeder to make the corn fall out. I watched him eat his fill while lying down and using his paw to shovel it in to his mouth. Then he promptly walked about 50 yards and threw up. Seems they can't digest the corn, but eat it anyway.

I also lost my game cam one day. I thought someone had been coming across the creek on to our property to hunt and realized the camera took a pic of them. Nope, found it a few weeks later with teeth marks. Got the pics on the computer and the last two were of the bear one with his mouth open going for the camera. I guess he didn't like the flash.

I didn't realize they were as far south as the Fort. If y'all are traveling after dark be wary. Bear vs Car/truck accidents are not good.

unless they have a cub they will usually walk away from people . last spring I had one in my yard every morning for about a month,he would look at me and walk away,I called fresh water and fish office they told me they couldnt or wouldnt do anything about it so Iwalked to the papper box armed every morning fortionatly the bear continued to walk away

Black bears will leave you alone unless you stumble upon some cubs with the sow.....in that case you are in deep trouble and need to be faster than the person next to you. Moral of the story.....be like ladies in a bar.....go to the bathroom in groups(with at least one person that is slower than you)

Actually if approached by a black bear you are supposed to make yourself look as big as you can, speak assertively and stand your ground......and do not run or they will envision you as a giant piece of bacon.....

Black bears will leave you alone unless you stumble upon some cubs with the sow.....in that case you are in deep trouble and need to be faster than the person next to you. Moral of the story.....be like ladies in a bar.....go to the bathroom in groups(with at least one person that is slower than you)

Actually if approached by a black bear you are supposed to make yourself look as big as you can, speak assertively and stand your ground......and do not run or they will envision you as a giant piece of bacon.....

Mmmmm, bacon.