I Ain't Easy, But I'm Cheap!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nate and Genia were getting their groove on? Umm. Right there at DTD? Oh. Wait. You mean dancing. Gotcha! Looks like a great time.

You guys got to see BigFoot #7 (now FunSpot). It's a movie star.

Jeff, my apologies! I don't know how I missed your comment. :unsure:

I'm gonna blame it on old age, I do have another B-day creeping up.

Please explain the movie star thing.

Looking forward to reading and seeing more. Learning that there is more then Disney is pretty cool.

Hey Annie. Thanks for reading.

There is a lot of stuff outside of Disney! Trevor is probably the least Disney fan in my house. He'll do the parks to humor me, but he would be happy to hang out at camp with a beer. Since his B-day is Friday, I thought Old Town was a good choice for his taste.

(and served my purposes ^-^ )

I never heard of the $20 per person rule for the Front of the Line deal. That's kind of steep.

Luckily, I am not awared of any HOB concerts in my immediate future.

I wonder what they put in that Armadillo Juice- those photos really did get blurry after that.

TCD

I was not happy about the situation as Genia mentions in the next comment. When I came home, I double checked and the website still says one entree. We had 5 entrees and mulltiple drinks.

I did get a customer survey by email and I mentioned in the comments that they ought to fix the info, or make sure their wait staff knew what they were talking about.

Yea, but seeing Stef get her "you ain't stopping me from BBS attitude on" Priceless

Armadillo Punch

Grey goose vodka, triple sec, sour mix, cranberry juice, and sprite

You would have seen the 1st throw down of the night had that waitress give me any more crap. :P

Good job on the Armadillo punch. I thought it was juice, guess that's what I get for trying to read after a few drinks.

Great updates!

Love the Old Town photos. We took the kids there once, but stayed with the kiddie rides. It was pretty fun though.

Looks like the beginning of a great concert. I've only been to HOB once for a concert but it was a blast!

Tom, I SHOULD have stayed with the kiddie rides.

This was my first concert at HOB, and I was impressed with the facility. I'd definitely go back.

sorry I am so late but I am in....

Good to see you Nicki, we're almost done! :))

Nate and Genia were getting their groove on? Umm. Right there at DTD?

Oh.

Wait.

You mean dancing. Gotcha! Looks like a great time.

Good one Brent!

It was quite a sight.

The good thing is, DTD, on a Saturday night, has a lot of folks who had also been drinking, so Nate & Genia didn't look out of place.

Looks like you had fun on those rides, well mostly, anyway! Just watching that video made me nauseous!

Thanks for being sympathetic. My boys laugh every time they see the video. They think I'm a wimp.

I appreciate you reading and commenting.

Loved reading this....thinking about booking Tropical Palms for our New Years since we can't get into the fort until Jan 2nd! THANKS:)

Love having you read!

TP would be perfect for that situation.

I get their email newsletters, but I'd imagine their FB page would offer the same type of deals.

We went a couple of years ago in January and it was crowded with snowbirds. Since they offer long term stay deals. I would check it out now if you're interested.

Looking forward to a good temper throw down.

HA! No throw downs really, I just never let someone run over me, or even nudge. :wacko:

I've gotten much calmer though!!

I wish you could too. The best thing is...we do it all year long.

Maybe I could bribe her with jello shots?

I have been informed it will take more than jello shots. Personally having just come in from the first shoveling of the year I am ready to go now. We will have to figure out a better bribe.

HOB Concert Hall:

Awesome! Sunken dance floor, and an upstairs level. That's 3 levels in the whole place.

That holds quite a few people. We were about the first 50 guests in there.

I wanted to be near the stage until I realized that I would have a kink in my neck from staring at the band. We stayed a bit back, between the stairs, which made for a good "leaning area"

This is my 4th BBS show this year, so I thought the sound was a little off. There was so much music, it drowned out the guys voices, which are great. :- Trevor told me later that he had walked up to the second level, and it was much better. I guess it depended on where you were standing.

I would definitely go back there, it was a great venue.

With my "not so expert" review of HOB out of the way, let's move on to Temper Flare #2.

Around 8:00, I got a text that Donnie was at the outside bar. The show wasn't starting til 8:30 with 2 opening acts, so I had plenty of time to go see him.

When I got to the door, I waited patiently until the young, female door girl (DG) noticed me.

Stef: What do I need to walk outside and come back in? I have my wristband and my tix stub.

DG: I can't let you out.

Stef: Excuse me? I have a friend right outside this door at YOUR bar.

DG: Once these doors close, there's no re-entry.

Stef: So your telling me you're giving me 15 minutes to get back?

(I've never enjoyed being told what to do)

Stef: I have a friend outside that's having a really bad day, I'm going out.

(Donnie had just lost a family member)

At this point, I'll suffer the consequences, the worst being purchasing another ticket. NBD.

DG: I'll have to speak to a manager & points toward manager.

Stef: Don't worry about it, I'll speak to the manager.

I told the manager the same story. I was not even leaving HOB porch, she could see me. I was going to see friends who were dropping money at her outside bar!

The manager walked to the door, pointed at DG and said "She's good"

I escaped!! I found Donnie, Dan and Bernard outside. We talked for a few minutes before Donnie went and bought 3 tix for them, so they could come in.

I smiled smugly at DG when I went back inside. There you little snot, I just sold 3 more tix! 10 years ago, I would have said that out loud.

See? Progress.

The bands cranked up, and we were having a blast.

BBSHOBNov2012156.jpg

Jamie Davis opened the show. He's a Gainesville boy, and we'd seen him twice before. He's also opening for BBS at our next show. He's fun. He does a lot of covers and crazy mixes of pop songs, which get the crowd going.

Jamie (and the ghost of Jamie)

BBSHOBNov2012136.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012142.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012146.jpg

The second band I didn't care for, I can't even remember their name. I didn't even take a picture. I probably made a bathroom run.

Finally, BBS came out. Meow!

I took quite a few pics, but I'll just share a few.

BBSHOBNov2012167.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012163.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012151.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012170.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012181.jpg

BBSHOBNov2012164.jpg

This time, Genia was getting her groove on alone.

BBSHOBNov2012175.jpg

The young boys were chillin'

BBSHOBNov2012172.jpg

All during the evening, Genia was "slap-happy"

She would spank each of us at random intervals, to which Ryan would holler "Good Game" :banana:

She then slapped my face. Not hard, not full on, just a playful love tap.

I gave her the evil, I'm gonna whoop your ass, look. She was having fun, no harm, no foul.

After the third time, Donnie even said "You gonna put up with that?"

I said I was giving her one more chance.

When one more came, it was the last. I put her in a headlock and bent her over to tell her to knock it off. She laughed and cried uncle, and behaved herself after that.

See? I didn't drop her on the floor. Progress!

We left HOB around 1:30, and made it safely back to Tropical Palms.

Good beer, good music, good friends = good times!

I'm pretty sure everyone slept well that night.

When I woke up in the morning and headed to the bathroom, Genia opened her eyes and said "Why did you have me in a headlock last night?"

:rofl2: I told her why, and she said "Oh, Ok. You didn't have to let me get to 4 slaps"

Gotta love her.

We had a cup of coffee, while the boys slept.

Trevor is the brown lump on the left & Ryan is on the couch.

BBSHOBNov2012182.jpg

The blue lump rockin' the Jeff Gordon comforter is Nate.

BBSHOBNov2012183.jpg

Genia left around 7 for her long ride home. We left around 9.

Nate rode home with Ryan to spare Mason the agony of sharing his backseat.

My final shot, Nate is taking out the trash. Good boy, Nate!

BBSHOBNov2012185.jpg

Thanks for hanging out and sharing my weekend fun.

In the words of BBS:

I may not change the world, but I'm gonna leave a scar!

Finally I'm in.

Always wondered about Tropical Palms. Thanks for the photos.

Old Town looks like a lot of fun. You were braver on those rides than I would have been.

Hey Gwen! Thanks for reading.

Looks like a fun trip!!!!

Lots of fun!

Aii in all sounds like you had a great time, just wish there were pictures of the HEAD LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too, but as talented as I am with my hands, I haven't mastered the headlock, beer holding, photography skills. ;D

That sounds like a super great trip. Thank you for taking us along.

Thank you Annie.

3E657425-5734-41B2-A93E-D74CB909086E-2713-000001426469CA80.jpg

Genia sent this to me while her and Nate were at DTD. Ya think she'd have had a stranger write it for her. I'm very familiar with her handwriting. Nerd!

I never said the chiropractic work was free! The bill is in the mail.

Genia sent this to me while her and Nate were at DTD. Ya think she'd have had a stranger write it for her. I'm very familiar with her handwriting. Nerd!

I never said the chiropractic work was free! The bill is in the mail.

Well, you gotta give them credit for trying. It's not so easy to be clever when you've been downing PBR's…...

I am confused as to how your son can wear KB pj's then cover up with a JG blanket??? Which one is it? If it's the latter, give him an "atta boy" from me! (sorry Genia)

How is it that Donnie is showing up in everyone's TR's from the last couple of weeks? Dude, you get around!! Did you crash in Fiesty's driveway?

Late is better than never.

I have to say I'm sorry to Donnie. The other night he was talking about George Strait so I chimed in some useless trivia. It wasn't until after that I realized it was for something more serious. I had no idea he'd just lost his family member. I'd been of the forums all week.... Sorry Donnie

Thanks. I'm going to Hollywood on Friday for the viewing and life celebration and the funeral is Saturday morning. I know this is stephs thread but I wanted to say thanks to Judy for being there. Shortly before we left to see Steph at HOB I was sitting on my cart talking to her and her customer and she could tell I was having a tough time and she put her arm around me and let me know it was OK. We have great friends here. Oh and BTW VWDano was messing with me and put Hello Kitty floor mats on my cart. Linda loved Hello Kitty so the joke was funny but I decided to keep em for a while.

Some random thoughts...

It seems we have a run on TR hideous pajamas lately. That's what I love about campers. Comfortable in our own skin, salt of the earth!

PBR...being a beer snob, I thought this was my dirty little secret, like dating a girl from across the tracks. I see I'm not alone!

HOB...great venue, I saw a great Metal show there a few years ago.

One of my favorite reggae bands is playing there for New Years Eve, and I know a certain fiend that will be there at the Fort (pssst...it's me!)

The cool part is MetalWife and I can take the bus in to DTD, but wonder if the kennel will take the kids for a few hours?

Rebel without a sitter....

Well, you gotta give them credit for trying. It's not so easy to be clever when you've been downing PBR's…...

I am confused as to how your son can wear KB pj's then cover up with a JG blanket??? Which one is it? If it's the latter, give him an "atta boy" from me! (sorry Genia)

I

Just to clarify something, Yes we consumed "some" PBR's, however we were responsible adults, Nate and I were both stone cold sober heading to and from DTD getting cigars. Nate drove because he wanted to check out my car, and I needed a break after the drive the previous day. And Trev was nice enough to be the DD on the way to and from the concert. And nice enough to teach me a few things about my own car :rofl3:

I enjoy my beer, however I never play around unless I know I have a DD, at my site, walking distance or some other form of transportation home. :clint:

As far as the drivers, at least there wasn't any Harvick crap envolved. :rofl2:

Jeff, my apologies! I don't know how I missed your comment. :unsure:

I'm gonna blame it on old age, I do have another B-day creeping up.

Please explain the movie star thing.

Not a problem I should have included the picture with the comment about the monster truck being a movie star

But Nate and I got distracted.

Nate, by a monster truck.

BBSHOBNov2012089.jpg

It appeared in a movie that you Fiend ladies probably loved (or at least loved the main star). It was in the movie RoadHouse (with some Patrick guy).

You know this Patrick guy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt56gt6zs_k&feature=related

Bernard and Dan enjoyed BBS as did I. It was fun and I'm glad we came in.

I'm glad you did too. :heartsmiley:

I got a great hug and kiss from Bernard and I could listen to him talk all day.

Nate is a Kyle fan, but I'm still working on converting him. I am a Johnson fan, but I'll root for any of the Hendrick team, even the red headed stepchild. :hah:

Great TR. I may have to take the kids over to Old Town next time.

Nice to see you!

The family would enjoy Old Town. I would recommend a Saturday when the big car show/cruise happens.Since I know you're a "manly man" you would love all the old cars.

Some random thoughts...

It seems we have a run on TR hideous pajamas lately. That's what I love about campers. Comfortable in our own skin, salt of the earth!

PBR...being a beer snob, I thought this was my dirty little secret, like dating a girl from across the tracks. I see I'm not alone!

HOB...great venue, I saw a great Metal show there a few years ago.

One of my favorite reggae bands is playing there for New Years Eve, and I know a certain fiend that will be there at the Fort (pssst...it's me!)

The cool part is MetalWife and I can take the bus in to DTD, but wonder if the kennel will take the kids for a few hours?

Rebel without a sitter....

Great comments as usual.

I tried to read your "high speed scooter run" post to Trevor last night and could barely get through it ,I was laughing so hard.

Sometimes the girl across the tracks will be the best night of your life. ;)

As far as the drivers, at least there wasn't any Harvick crap envolved. :rofl2:

Amen sister!!

Not a problem I should have included the picture with the comment about the monster truck being a movie star.

It appeared in a movie that you Fiend ladies probably loved (or at least loved the main star). It was in the movie RoadHouse (with some Patrick guy).

You know this Patrick guy..

Awww yes, I do remember that movie well. One of my favorites!!

Believe it or not, I actually like Wade Garrett, the best (Sam Elliot)

"I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead"