We Are Going On A Cruise

Well, not long after we checked into the Fort last Saturday my husband turned to me and asked if I wanted to take a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year? Did he have to wait for an answer? NO! Now to decide on a Disney cruise for just the 2 of us or a different cruise. Any suggestions from the seasoned cruise folks? I want to do a Disney cruise but feel guilty because the kids wouldn't be with us. I would love to go with another couple or more so we have people to hang with. Oh the choices! HELP!

:wave1:

My two cents- you can probably get a much better deal on a non-Disney cruise. Save the Disney cruise for another time when you bring the kids.

Try Royal Carribbean. They have some very nice ships.

I suggest you contact a travel agent and see what is available.

Rhonda/Roz from here on ff.net is an expert on cruises.

TCD

I agree! I'm a diamond cruiser on RCCL and always have a great experience with them.

Well, not long after we checked into the Fort last Saturday my husband turned to me and asked if I wanted to take a cruise for our 20th anniversary next year? Did he have to wait for an answer? NO! Now to decide on a Disney cruise for just the 2 of us or a different cruise. Any suggestions from the seasoned cruise folks? I want to do a Disney cruise but feel guilty because the kids wouldn't be with us. I would love to go with another couple or more so we have people to hang with. Oh the choices! HELP!

:wave1:

when are you thinking of going? Dave and I talked about the same thing, and like you I'm torn on the kid thing.. But if ANOTHER couple were to go .. sans kids.. it would almost be like an adult outing.. wouldn't it? :D

We have taken two Carnival Cruises and had a great time on each one. They do seem to be more party oriented. I haven't ever done a DCL cruise, but I'm sure they're much more magical. Unfortunately they are more expensive too. Next time we're gonna save up and do a Disney Cruise, especially after seeing all the great reviews other fiends have posted!

DW and I went on a Carnival Cruise last summer for our 15th anniversary and had a blast. We are trying Royal Caribbean the week after Thanksgiving with the whole family.

I would definately talk with a travel agent who can help point you in the right direction and find the cruise with the perfect fit of what you are looking for. We used Roz from the fiends.

when are you thinking of going? Dave and I talked about the same thing, and like you I'm torn on the kid thing.. But if ANOTHER couple were to go .. sans kids.. it would almost be like an adult outing.. wouldn't it? :D

Judy, we are flexible. Like I said if another couple were going it would make it that much better! Love my husband but not so sure of 24/7 for 5-7 days just the 2 of us LOL.

Anybody else interested???

I'd love to help you plan your cruise, if you're looking for help! DH and I are Diamond on Royal Caribbean, and we've also sailed many times with Disney, Celebrity and NCL. We're going on our first Princess cruise next week!

If you book the cruise through me (and Travel On A Dream) you'll get an onboard credit, in addition to the lowest price that is available! Once you book, I keep watching for new price drops and discounts that I can have applied to your reservation too. And, I don't charge any fees for my services!

Feel free to email me for a quote (or quotes), or if you just have questions -- I'm always happy to help! [email protected] :)

My two cents. We take at least one trip to the World and one cruise per year. Disney, Carnival, RCCL, Norwegian, Princess, etc. there's nothing wrong with going thru an agent. Especially if its a fellow FF.

here's just a few tips that might help you save a few bucks.

1. Try to book a trip in the off season. Basically if the kids are in school it less expensive.

2. Look for a port close to your home. This will save you on a plane tickets or gas

3, we book the lowest category room available and hope you get a free upgrade. It happened on a Disney cruise once. ( don't rely on this. It usually doesn't happen)

4. Some cruise lines (Carnival) allows you to bring on your own bottled water and soda. It could save you from buying a $3.50 bottle of water. Check with cruise line or FF travel agent

Congrats and have fun

4. Some cruise lines (Carnival) allows you to bring on your own bottled water and soda. It could save you from buying a $3.50 bottle of water. Check with cruise line or FF travel agent

Congrats and have fun

Disney let's you even bring your own "booze" on board it just has to be in a carry-on.

Definitely send Roz an "E" mail. She handled the FIENDS DREAM CRUISE for the group.

• 2 weeks later...

We like Royal Caribbean. We've sailed on the Freedom of the Seas and also the Liberty of the Seas, and LOVED both of them!

The cruise I have picked is on The Liberty of the Seas, it looks fantastic. Sent Roz an email.

Judy the one I like is Nov 23 from Ft Lauderdale to Belize and Cozumel 5 nights. Nothing in stone yet. On RC

We have RCCL to Alaska booked for next year, can't wait. They have just changed two policies that may be of interest to some:

• You can no bring 2 bottles of wine with you when you board (per cabin)
  • As of this week they have begun selling unlimited alcohol packages. Pricy at $55 a day, but may be worth it for some in this group :)

The cruise I have picked is on The Liberty of the Seas, it looks fantastic. Sent Roz an email.

Judy the one I like is Nov 23 from Ft Lauderdale to Belize and Cozumel 5 nights. Nothing in stone yet. On RC

We leave tonight o sail on Liberty of the Seas tomorrow, Nov 29th. We are doing the same cruise but no stop in Belize. Let you know how it is when we get back.

We've only cruised once. It was on Royal Caribbean and we sailed on the Mariner of the Seas. I really enjoyed it. I would love to sail on DCL, but it IS a bit more expensive. I know a couple who only sails on Celebrity. Another friend has cruised 2 or 3 times, but only on Carnival and they loved it. I think it's just a matter of what your preferences are. But, if I were to go again, I would definitely go with at least one other couple. I love my husband dearly, but It proved to be a little too much "together time" for us. LOL. Enjoy!!

Sounds wonderful! I went on one cruise in 1999 (so it would be before Y2K!! LOL). I went with two girlfriends and we had a blast. It was on the now derfunct Cape Canaveral Cruise Line. The ship was the Dolphin IV. I think that was one of her last cruises. I had such a good time on a thrid rate ship with a second rate crew, I can't imagine how great a cruise like the one you are planning would be. I hope you have great time!