• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This seems like the management is reading these boards and listening. It went from owners of analog TVs are just SOL to they offer them something at least.

You just need a regular coax cable to connect to the Fort cable. However, there are rumors about that there is only a digital signal coming in now, so if you have an older analog TV you will need a converter. There are reports that you can borrow a converter from the front desk.

I have a converter still new in the box if anyone needs it. Pm me and it is yours.

The off air converters won't work, you need a special box to convert the cable digital signal to analog. You need one of these.

http://www.qamtuner.com/

I want to chime in here that Richie and Lorna were unable to get a converter, they were out. Richie was NOT a happy camper! He told me to start a thread about this subject. He said he went around the loops and 65% of the folks there were in older rv's with antenna's up.

Don't rely on the ch line up on the tv because the channels do not match up

Does anyone have a current list of the channel guide?

Also, in past,we have gotten poor reception in loop 100.The lower channels come in all snowy, but the upper channels are better. Anyone else get this problem? Starting to think it might be something in the wiring in the MH.

Hopefully, by them eliminating the analog channels they will be able to add more digital channels due to multiplexing. The newest additions were good, but I can get HBO in a flea bag 192 motel... I'd like it at the Fort, too for those rainy days.

IIRC they don't run the card for the deposit it is just a hold.

That's what I figured but watch your bill they charged me the deposit everyday for five days. So when I got our final bill it was saying I owed $500. They only credited it once. Kyle manager in charge at the front desk took 45 minutes to fix it.

Once again, couldn't the fort management send a letter out to folks with Dessie's after Nov 1st so maybe people could have brought a converter if they did not have a new tv. Just a thought

I feel the same heads up would have been nice, we figured the tv broke on the way.

Hopefully, by them eliminating the analog channels they will be able to add more digital channels due to multiplexing. The newest additions were good, but I can get HBO in a flea bag 192 motel... I'd like it at the Fort, too for those rainy days.

I guess it's time to replace our moho TVs. Hate to do it since our built-in TV boxes don't fit the wide screen TVs.

We have the same problem Gwen, first of all the TV's we have work fine, but the prices are so reasonable on the new ones. What is going to cost the most is redoing the cabinets to fit the new ones.

I can confirm that old analog TV's won't get any of the Fort's cable channels.

I was going to pile on and complain that the Fort management made no effort to communicate this change to guests, but then I checked my check-in materials, and lo and behold, I had a letter:

cablenote.jpg

It doesn't say anything about conveter boxes being available for guest to use.

But, they did have some.

And I was able to get one.

It was brand new in the box.

Here's a list of what's in the kit:

Thanksgiving2012397.jpg

And a photo of the stuff in the box:

Thanksgiving2012401.jpg

They also provided a list of the channels (which regular guests who did not pick up the kit did not get). Sorry that these are blurry- it was dark out when I took the photos:

Thanksgiving2012398.jpg

Thanksgiving2012399.jpg

Thanksgiving2012400.jpg

Once this was all hooked up, the old TV worked fine. You have to use the remote that comes with the kit to change channels. This means you will need a box for each TV you want to run.

Did I ever share my opinion about the Fort management?

In case I didn't, I think they're a bunch of idiots.

Really, What The Fort?

For the prices they charge, why couldn't they have left the analog channels alone?

And, they give out so many other useless documents at check-in, why not a new channel line up for everyone to use? Or fix the one that they broadcast on the digital system.

And where is our wireless internet?

Idiots!

TCD

p.s. One bright note is that the Must Do's channel is updated with all new footage of Stacy enjoying New Fantasyland.

p.p.s.- Sorry if any of the photos are rotated the wrong way. I tried to get it right on Photobucket. But, you know how that goes. If you can't read any of them, turn your head or the monitor sideways.