No Planes but, trains, automobiles, buses, boats, golf carts and ambulances.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just made 3000 views for my first trip reports. Yay me, I don't think I would get 1000. -G- thought I would get 500, he still doesn't get this place. Thank you all for the views. You made my trip

My husband works for Amtrak. So it works out cheaper than flying for us. On the plus side we have our car(which we needed), no gas spent on ride down, we didn't have to pay for a hotel, or drive thr

While working in DC, I looked into it and the cost of the trip at that time was the same amount I would have incurred driving. Plus with the train leaving at 4PM, you would get out of DC and south MU

Back for a short update.

We then strolled over to the American pavillion. The drum and fife band was playing so my daughter started dancing...

DSCN0173_zpsf656f68a.jpg

and stalking the white birds.

DSCN0166_zps3e12c418.jpg

When the band was done we went inside to wait for the holiday singers.

DSCN0207_zpsb337d980.jpg

-J- danced some more.

DSCN0197_zpsa10d612a.jpg

She was really getting into it here.

DSCN0198_zps59a94edc.jpg

While -J- danced Daddy checked his phone.

DSCN0201_zps64d40e57.jpg

Finally the singers were ready. This is always one of the must see's of our trips.

Sorry for the fuzzy pictures.

DSCN0208_zpsf281eb54.jpg

DSCN0210_zps3dc2d4c2.jpg

DSCN0209_zps872b4c74.jpg

I am very bummed that the camera stunk.

I do not have pictures but we ate next door. The food was very good. I had the ceaser salad and -G- had the BBQ hamber and -J- had a cheesebuger which she actually ate.

We then headed over to the Seas to see Nemo and turtle talk.

We basically walked onto Nemo.

DSCN0212_zpsd47201a9-1_zpsf8ba2126.jpg

Jordie liked most of the Nemo ride. The glow fish that chased Dory was too much and I just covered her eyes. We then went to Turtle talk with Crush. Not one even half way usable picture was taken. The Castmembers made a fuss over her outfit calling her the Nemo Princess, but she was not picked to talk to crush. I don't think she would have anything to say anyway.

We decided to call it a day and go back to the cabin. We rode spaceship earth one more time with out being VIP's and had to wait 10 whole minutes in a moving line...ugh people.

We also had mickey icecream... yummy.

We missed the bus. It was pulling out as we were walking around and had to wait about 20 minutes. A lifetime in my husbands eyes. Then we had a driver change. Yeah, we lost the pixie dust.

Next is my review of Whispering Canyons for dinner and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

We took short naps and got ready to for dinner at Whispering canyon in the lodge. I had made a reservation for –J- at the Cubs den. It is a nice but small playroom in the Lodge for kids 4-12. My daughter liked it so much. She is an only so she didn’t have a ton of interaction with other kids.(aka time to play).

CD4_zpsd283e4f3.jpg

CD8_zps95c7d8bf.jpg

CD9_zps266a8075.jpg

My only complaint is that it is hard to get a reservation. We booked as early as we were allowed and they kept saying that the Cubs den was booked up. There were 6 kids there when we arrived and 3 when we came back. That is not full capacity and the cast member said they usually have room. We also found out later that when we tried to tip the girls they refused. We kept at it until they took it. (Disney requires them to refuse 3 times before they can accept.) How many people are going to keep trying after 2-3 attempts?

Funny thing on the way across the lobby. (potty humor skip if you dont like this stuff)

Hubby says I need to go to the rest room before we eat. It was right next door so we are heading in that direction and a very agile middle age gentleman is hustling his way to the restroom. My hubby goes in and comes out laughing, like tears rolling down your face laughing. The poor guy is doing commentary to his little incident. Oh no, Oh no, no, no, no. Please, no, ect.... this makes my hubby laugh. I am sorry if this was you or yours, but you made our night.

We ate at the Whispering Canyon. No I did not ask for ketchup.

We had a funny and good server Carlos. No useable pictures again. We had the family trio platter. We got the ribs, chicken and beef. It was good but nothing special to write home about. The desert was lime cheesecake (yummy), chocolate cake(cake) and apple crisp that was delicious.

When we were done we had a few minutes to spare before picking up the kid. So we had our picture taken in front of the big Christmas tree by the Disney photographer.

I cropped it. I was doing something weird with my hands.

Photo0021FourBySix_zpsc593720a.jpg

We then picked up my very happy kid and went to get a boat to MK and the Party.

DSCN0259_zps31c74966.jpg

The monorail was not working again so they kept stealing the boat for the Floridian, Contemporary and Poly, We finally had a small boat show up and I thought we were going to the contemporary but we went straight to MK. It was about 8:15 or so. We walked into Main Street prepping for the parade. We headed down Main street to find a good place to watch

DSCN0222_zps86069b10-1_zps8e674944.jpg

We could see kids in the street dancing so off –J- went to dance with the other kids.

DSCN0224_zpsc4f90f6e.jpg

she is the kid with the glowing eyes

DSCN0226_zps9227bf0e.jpg

It is starting to snow…

DSCN0227_zpsa446ceb2.jpg

Here comes the parade. (and my really bad picture)

Tigger and Pooh

DSCN0228_zpsc35c30d4.jpg

The Mouse of the hour.

DSCN0229_zpsa6afd4d0.jpg

Mickeys backside

DSCN0230_zps1dd01c38.jpg

Chip and Dale

DSCN0233_zps37034785.jpg

ok you get the idea. Disney parade and bad pictures.

Hey Dave your girlfriend is dancing with that guy again

DSCN0235_zps36cd5ecf.jpg

DSCN0238_zpsea96e259.jpg

My husband after having to stand in the crowds

DSCN0247_zpse22d7780.jpg

DSCN0249_zps282657c1.jpg

Then we walked by Arielle’s ride

It had 45 minutes posted but the castmember could see us debating it and said it hasn’t been updated go quick…pixie dust. We walked right on. Bad camera again.

And right next door Arielles meet and greet had a 15 minutes posted and I don’t think it took that long.

Photo0028FourBySix_zpsf22a785e.jpg

DSCN0254_zpsa934410b.jpg

DSCN0257_zpsee414021.jpg

And on the way out we got these taken.

Photo0042FourBySix_zpsf7eb9527-1_zps58bb9b46.jpg

Photo0044FourBySix_zps799b3174-1_zpsf81b1c27.jpg

It was a little after 10:30 and we were calling it a day. Back to the MK tomorrow.

"We also found out later that when we tried to tip the girls they refused. We kept at it until they took it. (Disney requires them to refuse 3 times before they can accept.) How many people are going to keep trying after 2-3 attempts?"

In Minnesota it's common practice to refuse things several times before accepting. It's considered polite.

"Would you like some more cake?"

"No thank you, but it's very good."

"Then you should really have some more."

"Thanks for offering, but I really shouldn't. I should leave some for the others."

"Oh, there's plenty! Please have some more!"

"Oh, okay, if you insist!"

It's just how we are up here, can't help it.

"We also found out later that when we tried to tip the girls they refused. We kept at it until they took it. (Disney requires them to refuse 3 times before they can accept.) How many people are going to keep trying after 2-3 attempts?"

In Minnesota it's common practice to refuse things several times before accepting. It's considered polite.

"Would you like some more cake?"

"No thank you, but it's very good."

"Then you should really have some more."

"Thanks for offering, but I really shouldn't. I should leave some for the others."

"Oh, there's plenty! Please have some more!"

"Oh, okay, if you insist!"

It's just how we are up here, can't help it.

Well you normally don't call Philly people polite. Lol

My husband was getting cranky that they wouldn't take it. is. He said I'm going to leave it on the counter and yous guys can fight over it when we leave. Because it is not going home with me. Lol

The second kids club supervisor explained it to us. So now we know.

Hey ... Hey... love the photos.... J with Ariel is just awesome.... but... what's wrong with Philly... :rofl2: :rofl2: we's be polite and all in Pennsyltucky.... heck.. ids da city of brotherly love for gods sake.... Wanna cheese steak?.... Name any other city that would elect a Mayor named Nutter.... I dare ya....

Hey ... Hey... love the photos.... J with Ariel is just awesome.... but... what's wrong with Philly... :rofl2: :rofl2: we's be polite and all in Pennsyltucky.... heck.. ids da city of brotherly love for gods sake.... Wanna cheese steak?.... Name any other city that would elect a Mayor named Nutter.... I dare ya....

Hubs says there are only 3 parts of Pennsylvania, 1 Pittsburgh, 2 Philadelphia and West Virginia.

We are from NJ but I grew up on the river with a view of Philly and the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Great pictures of your daughter! Dancing, on Dad's shoulders and with all the princesses. :heart:

Thanks for sharing the bathroom humor! :rofl2: Public bathrooms are always entertaining.

PS. Your red hair is beautiful!!

Hubs says there are only 3 parts of Pennsylvania, 1 Pittsburgh, 2 Philadelphia and West Virginia.

We are from NJ but I grew up on the river with a view of Philly and the Walt Whitman Bridge.

Based on your hubby's statement... (Which isn't far from the truth) I officially live about 50 miles from Philadelphia in the West Virginia section...Where did I put my gun and bible ?... :rofl3:

Its Friday December 7, we are on our way back to the Magic kingdom. We are on the Princess hunt again. We got up and ate breakfast. Since we were late getting in last night we didn’t get over to the MK until about 10:30. (I think) I do not remember how the boat ride over was or if but I think going over was fine. Once we got there and on Main street we had run into the Parade. There were not a lot of people here so we were able to get a pretty good spot for watching.

DSCN0264_zpsbd847003.jpg

DSCN0265_zps15ab115c.jpg

DSCN0266_zpsa2b80724.jpg

DSCN0267_zps31d11ce0.jpg

-G- wanted to try Pirates, Jungle ride and I was looking for things –J- would enjoy. So off to Adventure Land we go.

DSCN0268_zps76d1f0c8.jpg

-J- and I decide that the flying carpets are a good place to start.

-G- takes the camera.

The line wasn’t too long, about 2 turn waits.

DSCN0269_zps74bc3253.jpg

-J- gets in an as soon as it starts cranks it up to the top. It seems so far off the ground when you first go up and there isn’t much in front of you. Ack.

DSCN0271_zpsed06a13e.jpg

DSCN0272_zps1ff6bc73.jpg

Next off to Jungle Ride.

The wait on this one was showing about 20 minutes. Which was about right.

I wasn’t sure how –J- was going to do with this one but she was good.

Our Boat for the cruise

DSCN0273_zps31ae2098.jpg

DSCN0277_zps88c29e9c.jpg

-J- looking a little concerned for everyone in the camp.

DSCN0278_zps8c572814.jpg

Elephant

DSCN0279_zps55d07b0a.jpg

**Small rant. The Jungle Cruse waiting areas are really starting to look shabby. The plants in the corners are mostly dead, or need a update there was trash in the planters and corners. **

I do not have any pictures of Pirates. This was –J-‘s first time, the wait was less than 15 minutes. We were seated towards the rear of the boat, and here it is very hard to see the mermaids. They look very clear if you sit upfront. –J- screamed when we went down the floom and enjoyed the rest of the ride.

We then went over and did the Hall of Presidents. It was good as usual and –J- even enjoyed seeing all the Presidents she has been learning about. She can name the first 10 off the top of her head. (I can’t) lol

We ate at the Columbia House. It was crowded and I went to order for everyone and hubs took –J- to find a table. I ordered the Anchors aweigh tuna sandwich, -G- had the fried shrimp and –J- the Kids tuna sandwich.

I had fun trying to find where they found a table. Cell phones were not working inside this building. Ended upstairs. I found the grumpy daddy and the tired and hungry kid. Mine was fantastic. –G- would not admit he liked his because he was grumping and –j- ate over half of hers, the yogurt and her chips.

After that we went on the Carousel again.

DSCN0285_zpsba571661.jpg

DSCN0288_zps3f2ab646-1_zps09e9a7b0.jpg

**another rant here. The horses are dirty. You cant see it but the head of the horse is absolutely filthy.

-G’s- opinion of the wait and the crowds.

DSCN0292_zps0ab758a5.jpg

He realizes I am taking pictures of him.

DSCN0290_zpsa5e5d21b.jpg

-J- is now paying attention to Daddy

DSCN0291_zps426adda9.jpg

We then strolled over to Peter Pan and the wait is over an hour, so ah….no. We did go on It’s a small world. I have no pictures of this even though I know I took some. The clock was chiming when we first entered and I got a picture of that somewhere.

(I hate this camera.)

We asked a cast member where is Rapunzel (the favorite) she was going to be our last thing for today. We were happy to find out she was on the way out at the town

Square theater.

We walked up and I could see that the wait was listing 55 minutes. (there was no way that –G- was going to go for this. I wasn’t happy cause I was tired and so was –J-

I could see inside and didn’t see many people so I asked the cast member how long the wait really was in her opinion.

She smiled and said “GO, quickly it is less than 15 minutes” we have not changed the sign yet. Always ask if the time seems wrong. We had a lot of pixie dust moments with long posted waits not being that long.

So I snatched –J- out of the stroller and started in. We kept weaving and weaving thru empty ropes. That same cast member actually let us through a couple of places to help us along. We walked all the way to the back and into the Princess room with no wait. Yup, you read that right . 55 minutes posted, sprinkle some pixie dust = no wait.

-J- was jumping up and down as soon as she saw rapunzel. There were about 4 sets of people in front of us.

First up Rapunzel

She was very nice and took time with-J-

DSCN0297_zps62fad4a9.jpg

DSCN0302_zps06ec27f7.jpg

To say I have a ton of pictures of this meeting is an understatement. She was so happy to meet her girl.

Then we met her old long time favorite(until the viewing of Tangled) Aurora.

DSCN0307_zps0b29d65a.jpg

DSCN0309_zps47d79203.jpg

DSCN0312_zps5fb3595d-1_zps1cffe917.jpg

I do want to say. This girl was neat to watch. We had a couple go thru before us and they kept trying to pose with their hands behind her and she easily and professionally moved everyone where she wanted them.. The guys didn’t seem to notice her manipulating them.

At last Cindy.

DSCN0323_zps3dffa434-1_zps936dd18c.jpg

Who spent time with –J- and danced with her a little bit. (because Cindy had already signed -J’s- book she didn’t have to so she had time to spend with her.)

It was a cluster getting back to the Fort. We had missed a small boat (packed) and were waiting for over 20 minutes for another boat. The Monorails were down and they kept stealing the forts boats to get the wheelchair and scooter people to the Floridian and Poly. Hubs was not happy…..again.

This caused us to decide to drive our car to Beach club for dinner. –J- was going to the Sand Castle Kids club for dinner and play time while we got our grub on, as –G- would say.

**rant, my updated and from what I understand everyones GPS do not work on Disney property. So you can’t easily get from point A to B.**

We had to use Google Maps on our phones which is not something we normally do. It was a rough but pretty quick ride over to the Beach Club.

** second rant. We pull up to the gate house and the guard is having seriously long conversations with every car he is letting in. We get up there and he has a long conversation with my husband since the guard is from NJ and sees we are too.

Hurry it up guards… people are on a schedule and have reservations.**

We have just enough time to drop –J- off at the much bigger kids club.

DSC03059-1_zpsccf3b3aa.jpg

DSC03060-1_zpsf7fbabc8.jpg

DSC03063-1_zpsf3e90490.jpg

DSC03062-1_zpsdf1c0732.jpg

-G- and I ate at Cape May Café. This was our best meal of the whole trip. The buffet was fantastic.

DSCN0325_zpsa6a171c9.jpg

DSCN0326_zps2e80361c.jpg

DSCN0327_zps3d20bcf8.jpg

Yummy. I can’t say enough about the food.

We picked up the Kid and headed back to the Fort. Getting lost and pulling a look kids Big Ben moment. Ugh. Fix the gps problem Disney.

Good night to Friday. On to Saturday…