BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

Believe me, you do NOT want to ask a woman for a Belgian kiss.

I sneezed while kissing FWGirl once. I guess that counts.

Urban dictionary is not your friend.....make sure you never look up Panamanian Petting Zoo.

Seriously...dont. I did after somebody told me not too and wished I hadnt.

The weird thing is it was instructors in a professional seting talking about it.

Moral of the story: if it sounds weird it probably is weird but also disgusting.

Duly noted. My rule is to Never, Never EVER follow a link or Google anything unless I am reasonably sure of what I am going to find.

"The Voice of Experience has spoken." :))

Google is not my friend lately!

Yuck

Maybe this will help. brainbleach.gif

:rofl2:

Hmmm.

I think this is my trip report?

We got a little off track here.

My fault.

So, first let's get the responses out of the way, and we will carry on:

Please tell me you said "oui-oui"

Or "wee-wee" in case you couldn't read that. :)

I would be willing to bet they'll hear a lot of that, followed by giggles. (easily amused)

Country bears in Epcot? That's just not right. But cool that you got a pic with them.

:heart: the girls and Turk!

Thanks, Stef.

It was neat to see that odd collection of characters.

It was one of those unexpected things that we stumble upon from time to time.

It makes visiting the parks over and over again fun.

I have never seen Meeko... ever.... didn't even know they had a Meeko costume... Would like a photo with Meeko some day.. Urban Dictionary - What has been read cannot be unlearned or unread..... shoulda listened....

We go way back with Meeko. Pocahontas was one of my oldest DD's favorite movies. She was 4 or 5 when it came out, and she loved it. They used to have all the characters from it out for meet and greets, and there is a major scene in Fantasmic that uses characters from the movie. We saw Meeko not to long ago in the Animation Studio meet and greet area in Hollywood Studios.

Yippee!!!! More trip reporting by TCD!!

My Mom and son were at Disney from the 8th-15th and could agree with you about the warm weather you were having!! They werent expecting that in January. Of course, now that they are home they are back to reality............its 12 degrees as I type this!!

They also walked by that character meet in Canada. I have a question about that. You mentioned a snow machine. Was it an actual snow machine or one of those "snow/soap bubble machines like what they use at the Osborne Lights? Just curious.

Heidi

The snow machine was just the soap variety. And, It wasn't even a good one. You could barely see the snow.

Another excellent trip report.

Sad it will be over soon, but will enjoy the next one.

Don't be sad yet.

We still have a ways to go before you need to get sad.

I think Martin Short took over Canada 6 or 7 years ago. I think he did a good job.

Wow.

I can't believe it's been 6 or 7 years, and we just saw it for the first time.

The TCD girls aren't big fans of the circle vision format. I remember the first time I saw the Circlevision film they used to have in the MK, and how impressed I was with it. Now, with IMAX and 3D films and such, Circlevision doesn't seem so cool.

We saw Canada for the first time with him just this past trip. I thought he did a nice job!

Agreed.

And, luckily, Martin Short hosted SNL not too long ago, so the twins at least knew who he was. He hasn't been around too much lately.

If they are anything like the French people I met in Paris years ago, don't bother speaking French to them. They consider it a personal insult, that you would mar their language by allowing it to come from your mouth. I had French policemen give me completely wrong directions just because I asked in French. My college boyfriend wanted to honeymoon in Paris. I didn't marry him!

This video shows why I hate the French: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBH1ruAT1ZY

Love that clip, Marty.

That is exactly how I felt trying to order from that CM in France.

She knew darned well what I was asking for, but loved acting like she didn't.

It didn't make me mad at all, I thought it was really funny.

Limited Time Magic = Limited Time Suckage

No argument from me there.

So far, none of the stuff they have announced has been anything that I would consider magical.

If you look at the Offiical Disney Parks Blog, it seems that Disneyland is getting cooler stuff, and the comments from guests are pretty vocal and funny about that.

Next week's 'limited time magic' is that many rare characters will be seen throughout the parks for meet-and-greets. Could be part of the reason those guys were training over in EPCOT. Still, more suckage than magic.Buy those limited edition BEL13VE autograph books and pens, folks

Good point.

This was definitely some kind of training session. The CM's who were doing traffic control all had "Earning My Ears" ribbons on their name tags and there were some older CM's circulating around telling them what to do. I suspect the CM's in the costumes were also being trained.

Sometimes the French can be very funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

That clip had me LOL-ing!

Thanks for posting it.

TCD

I beg to differ... you like Belgium fries.

origin of French Fries

Wow. Who knew?

That article made me hungry.

They may be funny. Or they may just be foolish mockers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSsUwy63r9k

Where else but a TCD TR can you find a Veggie Tales clip on the same page as strange Urban Dictionary references?

Believe me, you do NOT want to ask a woman for a Belgian kiss.

Google is not my friend lately!

Yuck

Thanks for the warning Shardi.

I should have listened to Aaron earlier.

I am not going to look.

I sneezed while kissing FWGirl once. I guess that counts.

OK, I am really not going to look.

Duly noted. My rule is to Never, Never EVER follow a link or Google anything unless I am reasonably sure of what I am going to find.

"The Voice of Experience has spoken." :))

Maybe this will help. brainbleach.gif

Thank you Voice of Experience!

KFK is very wise.

Agreed.

I don't need the Brain Bleach if I don't look.

I'm not looking.

What a hijack TCD will find tomorrow

Indeed.

But, I've seen worse.

He had to know it was going to happen after he decided to look at urban dictionary.

Yup.

My fault.

But we all survived.

Now, back to the report!

TCD

That clip had me LOL-ing!

Thanks for posting it.

TCD

If youhave not seen that movie, you should. It was a cult classic back inthe 80's. I rmember seeing it at a midnight movie showing when I was in college. Back then, the only things showing at midnight were Monty Python and Rocky Horror Picture Show.

If youhave not seen that movie, you should. It was a cult classic back inthe 80's. I rmember seeing it at a midnight movie showing when I was in college. Back then, the only things showing at midnight were Monty Python and Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I never got in to the whole Mony Python thing.

It was huge when I was in High School. Nerdy boys would go around quoting it and even acting it out.

I pride myself on being perceptive, and I noticed how the young ladies reacted to this type of thing.

I stayed as far away from it as I possibly could.

Same thing with Star Trek and Star Wars.

TCD

Not every young lady reacted badly. Some of us cuties really liked quoting from the Monty Python shows/movies. ;) Silly walking down the hallway was a fun pastime, that and pretending to have a not dead dead parrot as a pet. LOL

Not every young lady reacted badly. Some of us cuties really liked quoting from the Monty Python shows/movies. ;) Silly walking down the hallway was a fun pastime, that and pretending to have a not dead dead parrot as a pet. LOL

I have no idea what you're talking about, as I know nothing about Monty Python.

All I can say is that none of the girls in Jersey were impressed by the geeks who quoted it.

TCD

That hijack is in our rearview mirror, so let's move along.

Quickly.

In case, like me, you forgot where we were, we are on our first post script- the one day visit to WDW on 1/17/13.

We have just left the Canada movie, which we ducked in to to escape the rain.

It was still raining just a little bit as we left Canada.

The clouds were breaking up, though, and it looked like it would be stopping soon.

We still had a little bit of time to kill before our Test Track Fastpasses were good, so we decided to head over to the area of the Land and the Living Seas.

We were debating between going to the Living Seas or in to Innoventions, so we headed that way and discussed it as we went.

We cut through the path with all the roses, and I snapped this photo of this grassy area which will probably be covered with a sand sculpture or something else in the next few weeks as Epcot gets ready for the Flower and Garden Festival:

11712024.jpg

All that grass you see over there across the water will soon be torn up and big flower beds will be planted there:

11712025.jpg

This sign tells us the dates of the upcoming festival, in case you wanted to know:

11712026.jpg

The sign is there because they are already working on constructing a playground here:

11712027.jpg

When we got to Innoventions, we decided to go in there.

When we were last in here, they were working on updating the IBM display, so we decided to check on that.

IBM has had a display in some form in here for the entire time of the twins' lifetime.

Back in the early days, some of the stuff they would have displayed was interesting.

But, as computers have evolved, it seems like IBM had been left behind.

So, I thought it was good when I saw they were updating this area.

The sad truth, though, is that the new area only futher confirms that IBM has been left behind.

In the new display, they have giant touch screens around which display time lines of facts relating to the development of technology. There are some interesting facts on these screens, like this:

11712028.jpg

11712029.jpg

I didn't know that about metal detectors.

But, this isn't the kind of thing I am interested in seeing when I am in a theme park looking to have fun.

They also built a little theater here, and have a big countdown clock telling guests when the next show is.

We made the mistake of going in to see the film.

It was about how IBM plans to use technology to help improve our lives.

Like in medicine and traffic control and such.

Like something that we might have been amazed to hear about 40 years ago.

The best line of the whole experience was when Twin #1 asked me, after the film, "What is IBM?"

Exactly.

Good luck, IBM.

We won't be back.

Since we had so much fun in this half of Innoventions, and since it was still drizzling, and we had about 10 minutes until we could use our Test Track FP's we crossed over to the other half of Innoventions.

We passed this big Hidden Mickey, which will soon be swapped out for something more elaborate for the Flower and Garden Festival:

11712030.jpg

Upon entering this half of Innoventions, we noticed that Habit Heroes was back on the directional signs. I heard that they were thinking of re-opening this, so I thought we had stumbled upon something.

It turns out that we did stumble upon something.

But what we stumbled upon was the new signs, not the re-opening of the attraction. It turns out that we were just one day early for that. The walls were still up on 1/17/13.

The line for Sum of All Thrills wasn't bad, but it was longer than 10 minutes, so we kept on walking.

As we passed the house of the future display, we noticed that some changes had been made around the outside, and they were waving guests over because a tour was about to begin. Since there would be no wait, and it had been a while since we've been in there, we jumped in line and went in.

They have changed this completely since we were last there.

Now, it's supposed to be a "green" house of the future.

In the first room, we learned that there is now a new lightbulb more efficient than those curly light bulbs.

But they cost $50 a piece.

We were shown a "green" bathroom, which included this square toilet:

11712031.jpg

It comes with lighting and a touchscreen, which you can use to raise and lower the seat and control the built-in MP3 player. So, a power toilet is green? Really?

Our tour guide didn't tell us how much for the toilet.

I guess if you have to ask . . .

We were then taken through the bed rooms where we saw more touch screens and other stuff that has been around for years, despite what our tour guide told us.

Then, we entered a back yard scene where we saw something really ground breaking called a rain barrel.

Oh brother.

Here's who was responsible for this:

11712035.jpg

At this point in our tour, the tour guide had left us.

It's too bad, because I wanted to ask him if about the green-ness of all the lighting used to light up the green house of the future:

11712033.jpg

11712034.jpg

All of these new disappointing displays were perfect for me.

Because, I recently had a long discussion with the TCD girls about how lucky I had been in my life to live through constant improvements in technology. When I was a kid, we watched black and white TV and had three or four channels to watch. There were not personal computers, cell phones or internet, and nobody had even dreamed of such things. I have seen a lot. But now, it seems like all the good stuff has already been invented. Instead of something cool like an iphone, we have square power toilets.

Too bad for them.

After our tour of the fake green house, it was finally time to visit Test Track.

We saw this strange young man in line:

11712036.jpg

If you think that I'm picking on a disabled person, I assure you that this was a fully functioning young man who just happened to be wearing a Santa hat and carrying a Tinkerbell doll dressed in a Christmas outfit. He was not disabled. He just was not from this land.

What the Fort?

Since we went through the Fastpass line, we didn't get to design our own car, but the displays along the track put up fake cars as if we had. The "technology" on this ride stinks. It would be cool if it worked. But it doesn't. I wonder if it was designed by IBM?

Our Test Track photo:

11712039.jpg

After Test Track, we decided it was time to move on, so we headed toward the exit.

I have noticed lately that there are more signs like this around the parks:

11712040.jpg

Here's what a Golden Trumpet tree looks like, in case you are wondering:

11712041.jpg

On New Year's Eve, I had noticed this new bar had been constructed in the area of the pin trading station. I wondered at the time if it was temporary just for New Year's Eve. I guess not:

11712042.jpg

There used to always be an ice cream cart stationed here. Now, they put in a bar. But, it apparently is only going to be used when it's busy. It was empty today, and even the cash registers were removed. I'll bet they will be using it for the Flower and Garden Festival.

The rain had now stopped, and the temperature had dropped. That was a cold front that had come through. It was still very cloudy, but it looked like it was trying to clear up.

I wanted to get a photo of the sky, and came up with this:

11712043.jpg

We headed out to the parking lot after this.

The area over by the RV parking was all closed off, and they had some stuff set up there. These tents and stands must be from the Marathon that took place last week. It looks like they are planning to leave this all there until the Princess Marathon next month:

11712044.jpg

11712045.jpg

From Epcot, we headed over to Port Orleans Riverside.

Why?

Well, that's where we planned to eat dinner, and maybe see some Yehaw Bob.

But, it was too early for dinner.

So from there, we hopped a bus and headed to the MK for a while.

On the way, I snapped the one and only photo of the Fort I took that day. This shows folks lined up to check in on Thursday, January 17:

11712048.jpg

It was busier than I would have expected for a Thursday afternoon.

We will pick it up from the MK in the next update.

TCD

Good one.

Yes, the Troll is Norm. And whatever happened to WBI, who's real name is Nick I think? Has he been around in a while?

I have an update on Nick.

I had an email address for him, so I shot him an email last week.

I heard back from him.

He and the Camping Princess are doing great.

So great that NIck got a great job offer over the summer which he accepted.

The only problem is that the job was In Lousiana.

So, they have moved from Naples to Louisiana.

Which kind of put a crimp in their visits to the Fort.

But, they are doing well.

TCD

you can't afford it.

I guess that saying applies to green toilets?

I found an article on the square toilet.

It isn't from the future.

The article was from 2011- and the toilet, known as the Kohler Numi Smart Toilet, was on the market then.

List price $6300. That was two years ago.

Kohler Numi Smart Toilet

I forgot to mention the heated seat.

Very green.

Oh, and if you want to have fun, there are lots of articles out there on this toilet. It was a gift to journalists. They are having a field day with the "royal flush" and "throne" puns.

Perhaps the T in EPCOT should be changed to P for the Past....

LOL!

So true.

TCD

I completely agree with you on Epcot.

I remember when it opened, spending hours looking and playing with all of the future things. Even Imagination had computers set up that you could e-mail with. Very cool when you're 12!

I hardly walk into Innoventions or Imagination anymore. There's not much "tomorrow" in EpcoT.

I will revisit those attractions when they bring out the flying cars.

I completely agree with you on Epcot.

I remember when it opened, spending hours looking and playing with all of the future things. Even Imagination had computers set up that you could e-mail with. Very cool when you're 12!

I hardly walk into Innoventions or Imagination anymore. There's not much "tomorrow" in EpcoT.

I will revisit those attractions when they bring out the flying cars.

Well, we may not have flying cars.

But at least we have blankets with sleeves!

(Inside Joke between S70 and TCD).

Speaking of blankets with sleeves-stay tuned.

TCD

I don't get Monty Python either and I'm half british.... but my husband loves it.

There you go.

A voice of reason.

One of the best skits. It reminds me of some conversations around here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Sorry, Jason, the note in the corner says that video is 5 1/2 minutes long.

No way I'm spending 5 1/2 minutes on Monty Python.

TCD