DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Awesome! I'm running out in a few mins to get Starla from work. Maybe there'll be new pics when I get back. :jumpforjoy

We're supposed to get ice & snow tonight too. We get notified of cancellations/delays by automated text & emails now. It's nice for early closures but I miss the excitement & anticipation of watching the news before dawn, waiting for the right county school system to scroll by. Yelling YESSSSS all alone after reading an email just doesn't have that same celebratory snow day feel to it...

Yeah same here. An automated system calls us, and we also gets texts, emails, FB updates....it's a bit ridiculous. How many notifications do I need? I loved as a kid listening to the AM radio station waiting for them to say your schools name. They did the list in alphabetical order, and my school started with "S", so there was lots of anticipation.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

An update which I predict will create quite a stir, and possibly cause a break in the Fiend ranks. Friendships may be strained. Jen may have to move this trip report to the Debate board. I am going to give an opinion which is sure to ruffle some feathers.

My feathers and I shall wait patiently and prepare to be ruffled.

:waiting2-smiley:

As you know, I have two girls and no boys, so I'm definitely partial to girls. I love to see daughters having a great time at WDW.

Having said that, and having seen lots of pictures of beautiful daughters at the World, I have to say that this:

DSCN1347.JPG

is a really great picture of two beautiful girls! All of your girls are so striking, each in their own way, but this picture just seems to capture something special with these two.

Great update!

This is completely off topic, but I can't help myself. We live in such an instantaneous world. In some ways that's a good thing, but others not so much. I feel sorry for the parents that don't get to experience the anticipation of birth to find out the gender of their baby. Heck, I feel bad they don't get the experience of not knowing when they are going in to labor, the anticipation, the packed bag, the list of phone numbers. When I was in Belgium 5 million years ago, I had to schedule an appointment at the club on base to call home once a month, for a 19 year old trust me I experienced much anticipation to place that collect call to my Mama & Daddy. Before that when I was young, I waited for Mama to check the mail to see if Daddy had sent a reel to reel tape to us. Nowadays, you can skype with people in Iraq. I miss those times, but I'm thankful for these times too. The world is a quickly changing place!

EDITED TO ADD; I bet Mama and Daddy didn't have the same anticipation about getting that bill for the collect call from Europe! :)

ALSO: Does Dave not realize we have become use to instantaneous? I am having to feel anticipation about what's to come that's going to ruffle the feathers! :) Thanks, Dave! :)

My feathers and I shall wait patiently and prepare to be ruffled.

:waiting2-smiley:

Sorry, not gonna be tonight! :raspberry:

Very cool update!! However, I saw something on Gwen's video that isn't in this update. Did ya'll visit BTMR later in the trip?

I don't remember riding it again...but it's possible when I get to more pics I will see it. What are you referring to?

I noticed that too, Carol. :)

You too? Clue me in!

As you know, I have two girls and no boys, so I'm definitely partial to girls. I love to see daughters having a great time at WDW.

Having said that, and having seen lots of pictures of beautiful daughters at the World, I have to say that this:

is a really great picture of two beautiful girls! All of your girls are so striking, each in their own way, but this picture just seems to capture something special with these two.

Great update!

Thanks! Those two are so close! They spend a lot of time together, and get along so well. It's a very sweet relationship.

This is completely off topic, but I can't help myself. We live in such an instantaneous world. In some ways that's a good thing, but others not so much. I feel sorry for the parents that don't get to experience the anticipation of birth to find out the gender of their baby. Heck, I feel bad they don't get the experience of not knowing when they are going in to labor, the anticipation, the packed bag, the list of phone numbers. When I was in Belgium 5 million years ago, I had to schedule an appointment at the club on base to call home once a month, for a 19 year old trust me I experienced much anticipation to place that collect call to my Mama & Daddy. Before that when I was young, I waited for Mama to check the mail to see if Daddy had sent a reel to reel tape to us. Nowadays, you can skype with people in Iraq. I miss those times, but I'm thankful for these times too. The world is a quickly changing place!

EDITED TO ADD; I bet Mama and Daddy didn't have the same anticipation about getting that bill for the collect call from Europe! :)

ALSO: Does Dave not realize we have become use to instantaneous? I am having to feel anticipation about what's to come that's going to ruffle the feathers! :) Thanks, Dave! :)

I'm an old fashioned guy....you're gonna have to wait! :rofl3:

Love this update! So many great photos of ALL the girls!

Feathers are all prepared to be ruffled. Bring it on Dave!

Thanks Kim!! Hope your feathers can handle it.

OK, I'll spill it, on the video, it looked like Anna rode BTMR.

I am waiting on ruffled feathers. I too saw Anna on the BTM, but I think it was another day, different clothes maybe.

Oh heavens no! LOL....she's way too short for BTMR.

She did ride the Barnstormer though...and I think Gwen edited those two rides together on the video.

Anna will probably be tall enough for BTMR when she's 20. :rofl3:

We get those instant notifications too!

Well for my son that is.

For the girls, as long as there is no ice or snow on the stairs leading from the bedroom upstairs to the family room and kitchen downstairs then they have school Heck we have even had school upstairs in bed our pjs before. No sense wasting a perfectly good school day.

We'll save those weather days for those bright, warm and sunny spring days. ::)

Very cool update!! However, I saw something on Gwen's video that isn't in this update. Did ya'll visit BTMR later in the trip?

OK, I'll spill it, on the video, it looked like Anna rode BTMR.

I thought I saw Anna on BTMR too!

Anxiously awaiting the next update and more pics of your beautiful family.

Ruffle my feathers already!

That sounds weird.

Yes, Aaron. Yes it does.

We get those instant notifications too!

Well for my son that is.

For the girls, as long as there is no ice or snow on the stairs leading from the bedroom upstairs to the family room and kitchen downstairs then they have school Heck we have even had school upstairs in bed our pjs before. No sense wasting a perfectly good school day.

We'll save those weather days for those bright, warm and sunny spring days. ::)

The phone call never came. It only got down to 33 overnight, so no ice. The kids are ticked.

I saw it too and can't wait for that part of the story!!! :pc:

No story...just Barnstormer.

Sorry for the delay. Dh got me a DVD set of Charmed and despite watching almost every night since Christmas (2 episodes) we still haven't made it to the third season yet.

Yes there was almost enough Anna pictures for one post but where is Izzy and we need. Few more of Stella too....

Are you ever satisfied with the number of pictures posted?

I have to rewatch the video, I thought I only saw her on barnstormer. Hmmmm

ETA just caught up and realize this post was pointless because Dave already clarified.

Sorry!

OK, I rewatched and the now saw that the seats were different. Editing does wonders to ones perceptions!

Yes it does! Funny thing is, when I watched the video I never even considered how it was misleading, because I knew Anna had ridden the Barnstormer with me. But I certainly see now how it could be seen that way.

I thought I saw Anna on BTMR too!

Anxiously awaiting the next update and more pics of your beautiful family.

Thanks Gwen! More coming later.

Me too!

And it looked like she was loving it!

I guess I need to pay more attention.

I am stumped about what Dave is going to say that will ruffle feathers, but I can't wait to find out!

TCD

The feather ruffling will have to wait until at least this afternoon, as I have conference calls and meetings coming up.