CKCK 4.0-October 13-15 (Food & Wine) Trip Report-”I’m a Lazy Bum”

This is my 4th WDW TR.

The trip took place in October.

It is now January.

Hence the, “I’m a Lazy Bum.”

In my defense, I have been absent from FF for awhile.

Not because I got mad, or lost interest, or didn’t care.

Because the fall got super busy, my computer had stupid problems, my internet sucked, and I just didn’t have the motivation to work on any TRs and deal with those problems.

I now have a new computer, new internet, and the motivation...so here we go!

Due to the fact this trip was a long time ago, we will revert to the “Photos & Thoughts” format. It will also be a pretty quick TR because it was only three nights. Consider this a warm-up TR, because I also have a Thanksgiving report that needs writing!

Since I have missed a lot of TRs lately, I may mention some things that were already mentioned. If that’s the case, please humor me and pretend I’m a genius who has uncovered some AMAZING things.

Day 1: Saturday, October 13.

We arrived at our customary 1:00ish and were assigned to the 1100 loop. Don’t remember what site number, nor do I have a picture, but it backed up to the cabins. Did not like that, but luckily those cabins were empty so it wasn’t an issue.

8377776527_c2dac64944.jpg

While I set up camp, DW took DD4 to...

hoity toity tea.

8378854260_43aafdcb0c.jpg

8378856800_b59c84df03.jpg

8377778791_c0fb902c1c.jpg

8378856530_54be7d0932.jpg

Some of you are familiar with my stance on hoity toity tea. For those of you who are not, here is my stance:

I’m not for it.

HOWEVER, how can I be against it with DD4 having that kind of a time there?!? I’m torn now. I guess as long as I don't have to be there, I'm okay with it as long as we get pictures like those out of it.

8378857106_d2f5b59a32.jpg

After tea they jumped into the MK and found that new Fantasyland was having a soft opening (which they basically did every day...don’t know why they didn’t just consider it open, but whatever). Not everything was open, but they did hit some key things that we would revisit on our next trip in.

While they were out, DD2 and I did some looping and hit the playgrounds.

8377784837_a05afc759d.jpg

8377785041_4a6265f62a.jpg

Something tells me that car did not pull that popup. If it did, then their priorities are a little conflicting.

8378861224_500397daaa.jpg

Some of you may have seen this, and it may also have already been discussed around here. But we’ll go ahead and just say WTF?

8378861458_845181413e.jpg

I’m all for climate controlled golf carts after last February when it was frickin freezing. But this thing is just ridiculous.

And this is not a “golf style cart.”

8378861644_13b03a774d.jpg

Come on people, stop sucking.

That evening we headed over to Epcot for our Food and Wine dinner. This was the main reason we came down at this time, so we were super excited.

On the bus pulling in to Epcot I saw this:

8378862024_a7453c84f0.jpg

I’m not trying to make a political statement here. I just thought it was super cool that there was an actual, real-life sky writer. How cool is that?

Okay, so we get in Epcot for our Food and Wine dinner. Last year we were there during this time, and LOVED it. The crowds were light and we had a great time. We were really looking forward to the same thing this year.

Fail.

We never considered the fact that we were here on Saturday night. SOOOOOooooo crowded. Drunk people. With t-shirts and sharpies checking off the countries they had gotten drinks in.

I must be getting old, but this was not what I had in mind. Especially with the two reds in the strollers.

Regardless, we did manage to get some food and drinks. At this point I don’t remember what everything is, but some was good, some not so much. I’ll do my best to remember.

Italy:

8377791999_aba89c9fcc.jpg

Ravioli and sausage. The ravioli was AWESOME. I didn’t expect it to be, but we all really liked it. The sausage was just okay. Plus, I just have problems with things that look like big sausages...

8377792461_f0ffff360b.jpg

Italian Margarita. I can’t say anything bad about it, because after all, it was a margarita. But...it was just a margarita.

South Africa (I think):

8377792673_dc7c36e89b.jpg

Beef something. Don’t really remember. I don’t think I liked the spices with it and in the orange stuff, but the beef was okay.

8377792887_2899e58f13.jpg

Cheese spinach hot pocket thing. Forgetable.

8378869176_8df1f7b5db.jpg

Water.

China:

8378869492_c113f57e0e.jpg

Mongolian Beef and Pork Pot stickers.

Frickin awesome. Both things were. Would definitely get those again.

After this, we were tired of drunk people and tired in general. While we were still hungry, it was time to get out of dodge and back to the Fort. So we left and decided we would come back on Monday for lunch.

That’s it for day one. Day two will bring the MK, a scantily clad woman, and some other stuff.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my 4th WDW TR. The trip took place in October. It is now January. Hence the, “I’m a Lazy Bum.” In my defense, I have been absent from FF for awhile. Not because I got mad, or lost interest,

Okay, still on day 2. During naps and resting (the reds resting, me napping), my wife headed out to run. This is a new thing we do. Running. Weird. I actually have not yet run at the Fort. I ha

Day 3: Monday Okay sportsfans, here we go. Last day of the trip before we pull out in the am. That means we have a lot to accomplish. Namely, more F&W. We hit Epcot for rope drop, or at least

Hooray for belated Food & Wine trip reports!

Personally I'm a fan of hoity toity tea - particularly when you take along a gaggle of Fiend ladies and spend the afternoon laughing your hiney off.

China:

8378869492_c113f57e0e.jpg

Mongolian Beef and Pork Pot stickers.

Frickin awesome. Both things were. Would definitely get those again.

The beef in a bun was fantastic - way better than I was expecting! Yummy, squishy bun and the sauce on the beef was super tasty. I think I managed to get at least 2 of them in the 2 days we were there.

Keep it coming!

Oh, I love those mongolian beef things. There is a restaurant that has those here and they are called "steamed buns". Of course my brother and I couldn't remember that and proceeded to order the hot buns, soft buns, warm buns, small buns, cute buns....

Thanks to all who are on board. And for those of you who are not, why are you still reading this?

I'm in!!! It's NEVER too late to post a trip report!

That was my reasoning as well.

Hooray for belated Food & Wine trip reports!

Personally I'm a fan of hoity toity tea - particularly when you take along a gaggle of Fiend ladies and spend the afternoon laughing your hiney off.

The beef in a bun was fantastic - way better than I was expecting! Yummy, squishy bun and the sauce on the beef was super tasty. I think I managed to get at least 2 of them in the 2 days we were there.

Keep it coming!

No offense, but I'm afraid that a gaggle of ladies (Fiend or not) would quite possibly make hoity toity tea even worse!

How could one be against Hoity Toity tea with photos of that little angel having so much fun? :heart:

Yeah, she's swaying me a little!

Yay, glad to see the Red Headed Beauties back!

Thanks!

Ok, your teaser has me waiting for more.

It was the scantily clad woman, right? I knew it.

Woo Hoo!

I'm in.

Page 1 too!

I knew you were at the Fort for Thanksgiving, but didn't know about this October trip.

Bring it on!

TCD

Thanks for the woo hoo!

We're sneaky like that.

I'm in!

I remember your hoity toity tea stance....bc it is the same as my own.

Love the conflicting priorities pic.

I'm still wondering if that Porsche actually pulled it or not.

Oh, I love those mongolian beef things. There is a restaurant that has those here and they are called "steamed buns". Of course my brother and I couldn't remember that and proceeded to order the hot buns, soft buns, warm buns, small buns, cute buns....

You obviously just like buns.

Might I add that you're a genius who uncovered some amazing things? :)

I know, right! I'm amazing!!!

Day 2: Sunday

I have to admit, I did not take a whole lot of pictures on this trip. Not sure why. Just wasn’t feeling it I guess.

However, I did get a few important pics. We’ll see some of this in this update.

Like this one:

8378869808_019cbbbfaf.jpg

Why is that important, you ask?

I’m not exactly sure, but apparently it is important to the Fort management to have the dock lights on after the sun has come up.

We were headed over to MK ropedrop.

I know this is pretty much a “duh” statement, but ropedrop is the only way to do the parks. We generally hit a park at ropedrop, stay until about lunchtime, then bug out. Then sometimes after dinner, or at dinner time, we’ll head back into a park. I refuse to fight all the crowds in the middle of the day.

I don’t like people, so it doesn’t work out very well when I’m there during the peak hours.

Our mission was to hit new fantasyland again and hopefully get DD2 on Ariel and so forth since we were hoping it would be open again.

It was.

8377807241_f54271bec7.jpg

8377794179_8a5e920153.jpg

8378870506_d798b580f7.jpg

This was my first time back there, so I took a bunch of nonsense pics. I’m sparing you from most of them.

You’re welcome.

8377794779_6926e170bc.jpg

I really dig the views of the castle you can get from back here through the trees.

I’m not going to bore you with a bunch of decor pics from Gaston’s Tavern, because I’m sure by now everyone has seen them.

I will, however, share you food pics. duh.

8377795009_ed0c1f84ca.jpg

The chocolate pastry thing (I totally don’t pay attention to names) is pretty good. The frozen apple with foamy stuff drink is also pretty good (aka LeFou’s Brew). I think it’s WDW’s answer to Universal’s butterbeer. Frankly, I like the butterbeer better.

I will tell you this: there is no way in the name of Walter Disney that I will ever pay $9.99 to get that drink in a “souvenir” stein or goblet.

pbbt.

They must be out of their mind.

I don’t even like paying $4.49 for the drink alone.

From here we went down to get on Ariel’s ride.

8378881808_204ff22e35.jpg

I love how everything looks so new.

8377806251_4cfbf5bcf4.jpg

So new that the stickers are still on the lighting fixtures.

8378882444_be6d964eab.jpg

I find this Ariel a little creepy.

8377806861_91ff909ae4.jpg

I totally dig how when you pass this fish playing the saxophone, you hear the saxophone.

Details.

We came out to head somewhere else, except they had just opened the Ariel meet and greet.

HELLO!?!

We could not pass that up, and not just because of the scantily clad woman.

8378871382_3803da2ef4.jpg

Let’s talk for a moment about scantily clad women.

Sure, Ariel is a mermaid, so she wears what she wears.

I have no problem with that. And yes, I have seen Splash, so I am for mermaids.

However, for those of you who have ridden her ride...

have you noticed how during the ride when she is getting her legs, and all the swirly things are swirling all around her?

Has anyone else thought to themselves, “self, if I didn’t know any better, she’s naked under those swirly things, and the swirly things sure aren’t covering up everything?”

When we were on the ride, I was thinking that, but it was my wife who brought it up the first time.

MOVING ON...

Speaking of scantily clad women...on our way to wherever we were going next, I saw this:

8378883524_d7ba280847.jpg

Are you serious?

Welcome to the MK, where all forms of undergarments are accepted, and seen.

Stop sucking, people.

We hit the carousel:

8378883864_fef5e57582.jpg

Always a hit.

Totally digging the angel’s trumpets outside the Tiki Room.

8377808181_4bdccf5117.jpg

It was nearing lunch time and time, so we got our latest favorite lunch:

8378884428_fe77c88339.jpg

Now let’s talk about waffle sandwiches for a second.

They’re the bomb.

However, I have a problem. This photo was taken back in June:

7370505130_e03a627ce6.jpg

What the fort?

Why has the chicken gotten so small?!?

That is not cool.

We also finally tried the ham waffle sandwich:

8377808809_1b171b9590.jpg

We had read that some people liked this one better than the chicken.

I am not one of them.

While we were eating behind Sleepy Hollow, I heard music.

Live music.

It was the Mainstreet Philharmonic.

8377809125_f3d3ba144d.jpg

Except this wasn’t mainstreet. This was in front of the hall of presidents.

Something doesn’t make sense about that.

But they rocked it.

As usual.

I still want that gig when I retire.

On our way out I saw something I had never seen or heard of before at the MK. Frankly, I had never WANTED to see or hear it before.

8378885310_4b43cbc8f5.jpg

Do you see it behind the Dapper Dans and company?

It was a saxophone quartet.

WTF?

As against saxophones as I am, they also rocked it.

I don’t want that gig.

We finally got out of the MK and headed back to the Fort for some relaxation.

In the next update, which if you’re lucky you’ll get tonight, we’ll see some wildlife, a horse butt, an empty room with a pseudo mystery (that is now half-solved), and DD2.

I call foul. Scantily clad Ariel doesn't count. She's always that way. Now get some seashells on Snow White, and we can talk.

But your picture did remind me of something. Does anyone remember my Psycho Ariel picture from Thanksgiving 2011? Is this the same Ariel?

P1020637.JPG

I thought of that picture when I was putting that last pic of Ariel in mine. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure it's a different one. I would have been scared for my daughter's life if she had been the same!