"Maleficent" set for 2014 (Updated 3.18.14 with Trailer #3)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://youtu.be/w-XO4XiRop0

I had the honor of playing Malificent in the Sleeping Beauty ballet.  It was just about the most fun I have ever had onstage. 

Twin #1 wanted to go and see this movie, but none of her friends were available, so I got to go with her last night.   We saw the 3D version.   I liked it much more than I thought I would.  They reall

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just read an interview with Angelina Jolie about the movie in Entertainment Weekly (?) while waiting for my son at the dentist's office. Sounds like she really got into the role as she talks about experimenting with different voices with her kids to see which one they liked and about Malificent's motivation for who she is. Also showed that AJ's then 3 year old daughter played a little girl in one scene because all the 3 and 4 year old actors they tried out were too afraid of her. 

True. The sweet tender hearts don't usually place curses on people, transform into fire breathing dragons and attempt to kill princesses.

This is gonna be a good one! Maleficent = Best villain ever.

I have to disagree.

Chipper Jones is the best villain ever. Ask Mets fans everywhere. ;)

I have to disagree.

Chipper Jones is the best villain ever. Ask Mets fans everywhere. ;)

LOL!  Good one.

Now I have to disagree.

Chipper Jones is dreamy!  :wub:

And, no, I am not a Braves fan...go Indians!

1.  true

2.  :panic:   Does. Not. Compute.  

Not a Braves fan?

What-What-What?!

I know right?  

From the Disney Parks Blog...

As the saying goes, visions are seldom all they seem!

This spring, Walt Disney Studios’ latest cinematic vision, “Maleficent,” will cast its spell at Disney Parks in the form of an exclusive look at one of the summer’s most anticipated films.

MAL_5C_PAYOFF_1SHT_CMYK-1-613x905.jpg

A thrilling new trailer for “Maleficent” has just been released, and starting April 18, a special extended sneak peek will be playing daily at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the ABC Sound Studio and at Disney California Adventure park in the naturalistic “underground” setting of the Bug’s Life Theater.

http://youtu.be/w-XO4XiRop0

“Maleficent” stars Angelina Jolie in the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the classic “Sleeping Beauty” and the elements of her betrayal that ultimately turn her pure heart to stone. Driven by revenge and a fierce desire to protect the moors over which she presides, Maleficent cruelly places an irrevocable curse upon the human king’s newborn infant, Aurora. As the child grows, Aurora is caught in the middle of the seething conflict between the forest kingdom she has grown to love and the human kingdom that holds her legacy. Maleficent realizes that Aurora may hold the key to peace in the land and is forced to take drastic actions that will change both worlds forever.

“Maleficent” opens in theaters on May 30, 2014.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/maleficent-sneak-peek-coming-to-disney-parks-april-18/

So what that last post is saying, Mo, is that starting on April 18th through mid June, a special extended sneak peek will be playing daily at DHS.

Now, where did I read that? Oh, I know where.

Starting on April 18th through mid June, a special extended sneak peek will be playing daily at DHS.