"Maleficent" set for 2014 (Updated 3.18.14 with Trailer #3)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://youtu.be/w-XO4XiRop0

I had the honor of playing Malificent in the Sleeping Beauty ballet.  It was just about the most fun I have ever had onstage. 

Twin #1 wanted to go and see this movie, but none of her friends were available, so I got to go with her last night.   We saw the 3D version.   I liked it much more than I thought I would.  They reall

I wonder if this would be too scary for Z. I see it's rated PG.... hmmmmm

Did you read this post?:

Just read an interview with Angelina Jolie about the movie in Entertainment Weekly (?) while waiting for my son at the dentist's office. Sounds like she really got into the role as she talks about experimenting with different voices with her kids to see which one they liked and about Malificent's motivation for who she is. Also showed that AJ's then 3 year old daughter played a little girl in one scene because all the 3 and 4 year old actors they tried out were too afraid of her.

Sounds like it would be a bit much for a four year old.

TCD

Not a Braves fan?

What-What-What?!

LOL!  Good one.

1.  true

2.   :panic:   Does. Not. Compute.  

I know right?  

Well, I have nothing against the Braves.  I would root for them over other teams....just not the Indians.  I am a die hard Cleveland everything fan...they all tend to break my heart every year because they can't win anything to save their lives.  But I still love them.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Twin #1 wanted to go and see this movie, but none of her friends were available, so I got to go with her last night.

We saw the 3D version.

I liked it much more than I thought I would.  They really did quite an extensive re-telling of the story from Maleficent's point of view.  The special effects, especially in 3D, were worth the price of admission.

And, GDF,  the scariest scenes are shown in the trailers linked above.  

If you're looking for a good movie to go and see with your family,  this one is worth a watch.

TCD

Reviews are all over the place, 2-1/2 to 4.

The one person I know that has seen it, loved it.

Yeah, Twin #1 said it had 50% on Rotten Tomatoes, whatever that is.  I asked her what that meant, and she said that 50% of the people who saw it didn't like it.

I wouldn't say I loved it, but I didn't hate it.  I would recommend it to anyone looking for an entertaining, well made movie to watch.

Good to hear some first person reviews.

The trailer looks terrific but it seems like some of the Disney fan sites aren't so keen on it.

I wonder if this is more a case of expectations?

I can see where Disney geeks would have problems with the movie.

There are some really surprising, and irreconcilable, differences between the story told in this movie, and the Disney Sleeping Beauty film.

TCD

I can't wait to see it... Now I have to decide about Z. He's begging. He likes scary stuff but...

If Z can handle the level of scariness in other Disney films (like Ursula in the Little Mermaid, the witch in Snow White, or Maleficent in Sleeping Beauty) I think he would be fine with this.  Look at the trailers that Aaron posted above- there isn't anything more intense in the movie than what you see in those.  Has he seen any of the Narnia films?  The battle scenes are like those.  No blood or gore.

Without giving away too much of the plot, the movie shows that Maleficent has every right to be angry and vengeful, and as it plays out, you will be left feeling sorry for her more than anything else.  It's a very interesting twist on this story.

TCD

Without giving away too much of the plot, the movie shows that Maleficent has every right to be angry and vengeful, and as it plays out, you will be left feeling sorry for her more than anything else.  It's a very interesting twist on this story.

Love stories like that.  It's one reason I really like "Once Upon a Time" and why I liked the "Wicked" books so much.

I'm getting old and out of touch.  INC is looking online to buy tickets to see Maleficent tonight with some of the girls.  Tickets are $11.75.  This isn't for 3D (which is $15.75), just regular old 2D.  When did that happen??  I swear a couple years ago you could still see a movie for $7.50.  

I'm getting old and out of touch.  INC is looking online to buy tickets to see Maleficent tonight with some of the girls.  Tickets are $11.75.  This isn't for 3D (which is $15.75), just regular old 2D.  When did that happen??  I swear a couple years ago you could still see a movie for $7.50.  

Tell me about it.

The other night, two tickets set me back $28.00.  We went to the 3D version, but still, I thought the cashier had made a mistake and charged me for the D-Box seats.  Nope, 3D tickets were $14 a piece.  Looking at what your theater charges, maybe I scored the senior citizen discount.

Then we hit the snack bar.

Wow.

BTW- I usually shy away from the 3D versions of movies, but I was glad we paid the extra for the 3D on this one.

TCD

I refuse to pay that much for a ticket.  The Rave theater at the mall near me has $5.00 early matinees.   I also refuse to pay $$$ for popcorn and a soda.