Bubbles and the fam do AoA and The Fort

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had to evacuate from a ride. Interesting story.

Can you see the ride vehicles in space mountain from the people mover?

Last time i rode space mountain they did not have the reflective strips on the sides of the ride vehicles and no more stars, etc.

It was pitch black and you could not see two inches in front of you.

I am in. I can't wait to read all about it.

Hi Bo!

I am in. Looking forward to more!

There will be more today! Unless I fall asleep when my son goes down for his nap, which is possible!

Looking forward to the party.

We enjoyed it. Not sure which I like best, MNSSHP or MVMCP

I'm in. Great start!

Hi Gwen! Thanks!

Page 2 bragging rights for me.

Is that a WAWA t-shirt you're wearing? yes! it is! I won it in a twitter contest. My husband and I ate WaWa the night we got engaged. He told me to pick anywhere I wanted to go for dinner (thinking I'd pick something nicer) but I had a headache (I worked at a florist and it was around Valentine's Day!) so I said Wawa. So we ate hoagies in the parking lot and then went to Seaside (the town that was destroyed with Sandy) and he proposed on the beach. Did I just hijack my own reply?!!? The shirt cause a lot of conversations with either people from my area who were on vacation or CM who used to live up here. It was fun, plus it's light and comfy.

They didn't have WAWA's yet when I lived in Jersey. I'm not sure when they started popping up around here. I know the one in Florence was open in 1998.

But I hear from NJ friends that WAWA is something special. It's decent, typical over priced sodas and stuff. But they, they have hard rolls with butter, I'm happy.

They are starting to open in Florida- we are supposed to have a few open in my neck of the woods this year. I saw pics of opening day of one by WDW, talk about a zoo.

Do I want to get a Hoagie there? Sure! I will ask Mimi and Pa if Publix has better hoagies. That's where they get them while in FL but the Wawa's hasn't made it to them yet. I like American hoagies, not all american cheese, but american, ham and something else. I think salami. Oh and they have chocolate chip cookies that you can have them warm up, super yummy.

Oh, and your photos are great! thanks!

Can't wait to see more.

TCD

Enjoying reading along! Your son is so cute.

Thanks for posting pictures of AofA - was your room a "regular" one, or one of the family suites?

Thanks! We had a family suite. It was nice having 2 full bathrooms, that is the only thing I would change about the cabins. One bathroom and 5 people makes everything take longer.

I have never had to evacuate from a ride. Interesting story.

Can you see the ride vehicles in space mountain from the people mover?

Last time i rode space mountain they did not have the reflective strips on the sides of the ride vehicles and no more stars, etc.

It was pitch black and you could not see two inches in front of you.

We didn't make it too far into SM. Where we stopped the wall on the right was solid and the left was open. I couldn't see by my husband said there was a dog robot down there? I haven't been on Space Mountain for a long time so I don't know what he is talking about. We couldn't see the cars go whizzing by, just heard them and felt the shaking. Speaking of whizzing, I'm glad no one had to pee!

AoA isn't build and better than the other values in regards to noise. You still hear doors slam, toilets flushing and people in the hallway. Some kid was crying at 3 am about wanting milk. I was going to open the door and see if they needed help but they either stopped or I fell back asleep, not sure which.

I didn't think the ventilation in the room was that great. It seemed to come out on both sides of the wall separating the bedroom and the sofa bed, so they were cold and it was hot over by the Murphy bed.

We had given my parents a grocery list of things to bring. We figured we had the little fridge and microwave it would help save some money. The next morning I assumed we would have cereal and bagels but Adam woke up asking for waffles from the food court. I went and got them for him and somehow a cheese Danish just so happens to end up on my tray :-) I love their cheese Danishes! After we ate we walked to walk around some more.

The Cars section was awesome. Their pool was super tiny and I'm glad we were closer to the Nemo pool, which I think is the largest one on property.

IMG_3175_zpsff95b9e6.jpg

18420_10152205842330456_1800161518_n.jpg

66216_10152205842145456_1024307188_n.jpg

579163_10152205841120456_566808948_n.jpg

My husband and I ate WaWa the night we got engaged. He told me to pick anywhere I wanted to go for dinner (thinking I'd pick something nicer) but I had a headache (I worked at a florist and it was around Valentine's Day!) so I said Wawa. So we ate hoagies in the parking lot and then went to Seaside (the town that was destroyed with Sandy) and he proposed on the beach. Did I just hijack my own reply?!!? The shirt cause a lot of conversations with either people from my area who were on vacation or CM who used to live up here. It was fun, plus it's light and comfy.

Thanks for the WAWA info. Love the story of your engagement.

FYI Publix doesn't have hoagies. They have subs. Everybody calls hoagies subs in Florida.

I'm looking forward to my first WAWA hoagie. Publix subs rock, but it's been a long time since I've had a hoagie.

TCD

I'm in and I have a list.

1) I love the Christmas tye dye shirts. I am usually one completely against such things, but I like them ! (And I hate tye dye :rofl2: ) Where did you get them?

2) Love the Photo Bomb at Mickey's Visit.

3) For TCD... Wawa is pretty good, and makes very decent coffee, sandwiches, and hoagies. Gas is usally cheaper at them also.

4) Mom and dad are living my dream. A place up here in the frozen north and a place in Florida within striking distance of WDW.

5) Love the photo of the little guy sleeping in the stroller. Wish I could get that kind of service.

The Little Mermaid section is the only section that has the regular rooms. Everyone complains that it's far from the buses and the food court, which it it. But somebody always needs to be the farthest away, I'm just glad it wasn't me this time :) The pool in this section is bigger than the Cars section but doesn't compare to the Nemo pool, Big Blue. Oh, btw the pools are all gated and you need a room key to get in there. So take that pool hoopers :hah:

21824_10152205840515456_1341307758_n.jpg

311241_10152205803495456_1080813202_n.jpg

We walked over to the bridge that links Pop Century and Art of Animation, I think it was called the Generation Gap Bridge, but I'm not sure if they will rename it since that doesn't make sense any more. We were on a hunt for fish. In the past we have always had good fish feeding experiences in WDW. The docks at Wilderness Lodge and The Grand Floridian were usually good spots. What do fish like to eat you ask? Goldfish crackers, poor things probably are over dosed on salt. Anywho, we didn't find many fish but we found these guys!

IMG_0144_zpsb694535f.jpg

There ended up being 6 turtles there, I forgot what my dad said they were, FL soft shell maybe? I don't remember. We saw a few little fish but they didn't stand a chance because the turtles were not messing around. They wanted their snack.

We went swimming again, Brian, Adam and I had lunch at AoA and my parents walked over to Pop Century. I would have went with them had I known they were going. I really like Pop's food court better. We aren't fancy people, and AoA had some fancier than we cared to eat stuff. Pop Century has amazing loaded nachos, can't say the same for AoA. Brian had pulled pork sandwich, I had the kids turkey sandwich and Adam had spaghetti He doesn't like their pizza. I have to agree with him, the kids pizza is awful. Remember, we are snotty when it comes to pizza!

Adam showed off his stickers from his hair cut (and in case you didn't know, they stick like crazy. I swear they are coated in super glue. Adam put them on himself and they were a bitch pain to get off.

IMG_0077_zpscd10466f.jpg

Next up was naps and MNSSHP! We got there around 4:30 and had we either waited 15 mins or gotten there earlier we could have missed the momentary downpour. I forgot our ponchos and insisted we buy them and Adam was freaking out becuase his map was getting wet, I want to say it was like $26 for the 3 of ours? Brian was having a cow and telling me I was crazy and it was going to stop. Well, guess who was right? He was. Oh well. First time for everything!

Notice who's not wearing a poncho, and Adam is not amused because he wanted to go on rides.

Photo0027FourBySix_zpse22ee32d.jpg

Ready to party!

IMG_0159_zps3fdfd4e7.jpg

I call these wet statues.

IMG_0169_zps760a314d.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsb6b0f555.jpg

We went over to Wed way to try it again. This is the look of fear. Adam was scared it would stop again, of course he didn't mention that until we were already on it.

IMG_0164_zpsb8b90261.jpg

After Wed Way it was time to make our way over to Pirates League! But first we had to stop for Magic shots!

Photo0031FourBySix_zps167ff05a.jpg

and for comparsion, last years

377206_10151022865440456_1132461602_n_zpsa49af582.jpg

Pirates League!

409170_10152205882625456_2083789178_n.jpg

69706_10152205882495456_1376134885_n.jpg

Did I mention he is excited?

IMG_0252_zpse738276b.jpg

We checked in but said they were running behind and for us to go ride POTC so we did! We (I) had bad timing with the drop or a cannon or something, the back of my shirt ended up soaked and everyone was dry.

Adam got to pick his costume and face paint, both Captain Jack. They took us back to the dressing room which was huge, my dad, Brian and I fit in there.

Spinning the wheel to pick out his pirate name. His pirate name was Mark Hullbitter. Mark? Really? Mark? He could have just been Adam Hullbitter.

76204_10152205882885456_560669403_n.jpg

Adam getting things explained to him and his whatever he was called, deckhand? pirate master? . He was awesome! Such a nice guy and he did awesome work! My friend went a few days later and had someone different but got the same look as Adam and Adam's was noticeably better.

390106_10152205882970456_545386618_n.jpg

534550_10152205883340456_1441226282_n.jpg

Taking his pirate oath.

390105_10152205883585456_1269461802_n.jpg

527364_10152205883785456_1287306744_n.jpg

From inside the "secret room"

Photo0039FourBySix_zps063ddcf3.jpg

Pirates League was worth every penny. Adam loved it and the guy did an awesome, awesome job! I knew that Captain Jack should be doing a meet and greet once the party started so we went outside to wait in line. We ended up being first in line. Some fool thought they were going to get in front of my boy. Yeah, let me tell you. Don't mess with Momma Bear when her cub wants to see his hero. :kickinass: :blowup:

Love the pirate league photos. I've always missed out on the Barber Shop and the pirate league.

Did you know the pixie dust is free? Free to anybody! Just walk in and ask! They also do something for girls hair. I think its pigtails and pixie dust for $12 or something like that.

PL got smart and started doing "Mermaid" packages. They are smart and found a way to get money from everyone!