Disney Mardi Gras Style

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that they were skimping on the BACON. Shardi also told the waiter she wanted a pot of Kona coffee but only got a pot of standard coffee. Saved me several dollars and the waiter lost out on the

Nicki, you gotta be there! Tell the hubby, no Disney, no Nicki so to speak.

I had a couple strategic smilie faces....

Posted Images

Friday. The Mission: Complete the Grand Slam of Disney Roller Coasters. This day had one purpose. Ride Primeval Whirl. So, as Shardi headed out to meet the Wild Women of Fort Fiends, The Kids and I headed off to Animal Kingdom. Upon entering the park we made our way straight to Primeval Whirl. It was up and running with a wait time of nothing! We hopped on and rode it. That was it. We had made it. Dear Son had completed the Grand Slam of Disney’s Coasters. To celebrate, we rode it again! Then dear son rode Triceratops. Would you believe they would not let him ride it alone. No. He had to have someone else ride with him. What the Fort? This kid just got through riding all the roller coasters on Disney property, but he could not ride the kiddy ride alone. Booo to you CM. That SMB!

From there we headed over to Dinosaur and it was going strong. We used the ride passes given to us on Wednesday and went right on in. This was my first time to ever ride this attraction. It was good. It is very similar to the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. They both use the same truck style device to transport you through the attraction. I have to say though that the Indiana Jones attraction was better.

After that, the kids were hungry and we had another ride that we hadn’t made this trip and it is a must….Soarin’. So off we go to EPCOT.

On the way we stop by the McDonalds for lunch. It was fast and well, McDonalds.

We make it to EPCOT and head in with one mission. To ride Soarin’. The wait time….90 minutes. So in the queue we go. The interactive part of this queue is a great idea, but very bad execution. To top it off, every time the line moved, we wound up right between the screens so we couldn’t even attempt to participate. Not that it would have mattered. We make it to the ride and it has only been 38 minutes. So much for that 90 minute wait time. In the past we have always deferred our ride in order to ride row one of the center section of the ride. This time I told the kids we would just take whatever row and section they gave us. It was middle row of the left most section. I think next time we will want to defer again. It is just not the same staring at someone else’s feet dangling in front of you.

From here we went next door to Journey Into Imagination with Figment. I like the disappearing butterfly in the cage. We also took in the Captain EO show. What a disastrous production. It was the bastard child of Star Wars and The Dark Crystal. 3D just made it worse. I find it hard to believe that Disney cannot find a better use for that real estate.

This week had been nice in regards to the attendance numbers but today, it was a much different story. President’s weekend has hit. The crowd is starting to bulge. This became very obvious when headed over to Test Track and the wait time was over 120 minutes and all the Fast Passes had been issued for the day. So we headed to the World Showcase and tried our hand at the Agent P missions again.

We got our F.O.N.E. (this one not water logged) and headed to the UK. We had done this before when it was Kim Possible and it was nice to see that the mission had been changed some. The golf ball was the same but there were a few new pieces to the puzzle. Another nice change from KP is that you do not have to stop at the end of your mission but can elect to continue. We elected to go to Japan. By the time we finished Japan, everyone was tired and dear son wanted to go swim again so we headed back to the Fort.

We grabbed some Pizza from Trails End and finished the night at the camper.

We had done what we set out to do. The Disney Roller Coaster Grand Slam. Now for a next trip to try and get them all in one day. I think that may be Mission Impossible! Who knows, with some extra magic hours it maybe could be done.

Next up, the final day at Disney and the start of the long drive home.

Enjoying your TR!

I think you can do the grand slam in a day, if you try it when the crowds are low…….

I seem to recall a thread on here, or maybe it was part of a TR, where someone posted that a couple went to both Disneyand and WDW in the same day?