I am trying to think of a time other than Christmas to go to the fort that is good for time off of school. I don't want to do summer. So here in NJ teachers convention is in Nov. We get Thursday, Friday and Monday is Veterans Day. So If I take J out on Wednesday and the following Tuesday it would make for a nice trip. But if the crowds are big maybe not.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand after our next president is elected, he is going to make Jersey week a national holiday.

We totally agree. We have pulled ours out well over the "allowed" days missed to go to Disney. I make sure I am close with the prinicpal, nurse and their teachers and let the all know that I find life

Lou.. watch what you say about Jersey people,, we pay your salary for that week..... just yours.. no one else..........

I've honestly never noticed a spike in crowds that week - just a shift in accents. 8)

Early November crowds in general tend to be fairly low - that's why we like going then.

The one thing that might drive crowds up over the weekend though is the Monday holiday. But should still leave Thursday, early Friday, and Tuesday as pretty nice days. And even if the weekend gets busy, it's not going to be "Christmas week" busy.

Lol. I realize this sounds weird, but captain cranky pants aka hubs doesn't want to be anywhere around other NJ. He would prefer not to be around many people at all.

I know the world doesn't revolve around us NJ people.

Also we have been at Disney in early December in 2007 and 2012. So I was jus wondering with that as a comparison.

Thanks.

Ok, a serious response, I know you're shocked.

Jersey week does spike in attendance, but it's noticeable because it falls during one of the slower times of the year, after Labor Day and before Thanksgiving. Crowd levels are about the same as on Columbus Day and that's not bad either.

Jersey Week has generally been somewhat busier that the first two weeks in Dec, but not by much.

School is not that important. Schedule the vacation when it works for you, and have the little ones bring homework with. Learning is important, the schedule the school keeps is not. For the most part they are warehousing the average and above average kids while the dumb kids catch up. Don't get me started.

Hit enter too soon. We pulled our three out for two weeks total. Next year we are going to take them out a day earlier so we get more time looking for Lou on a bus. They will miss more if the weather turns bad on the way back to MN next week. All three of our kids are in the gifted and talented program, and the only teacher that throws a fit is the 6th grade phy ed teacher.

Lol. I realize this sounds weird, but captain cranky pants aka hubs doesn't want to be anywhere around other NJ. He would prefer not to be around many people at all.

I think captain cranky pants needs to spend the day on Lou's bus to learn how to be Mr Wonderful instead :rofl2: :rofl2:

If he's TRULY cranky, that could be bad.

They could combine forces as a kind of Cranky Super Hero and take over the world. (Captain Cranky Pants and his sidekick Grumpmaster Lou)

Or the crankiness could somehow combine and grow exponentially and cause a giant cosmic rift in the space/crank continuum.

...or they might end up walking around a neighborhood yelling at kids to get off other people's lawns. 8)

I understand after our next president is elected, he is going to make Jersey week a national holiday.

Was there four years ago Jersey week. Mind you, I had never even heard of Jersey week before that. I found out pretty quick what was going on.

For me personally, I would not visit during that time period again. Not the best Disney experience we've had.