WDW Transportation (yes, even the Monorails)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of the above. As for testing, Disney has tested electric and hybrid buses, but both have failed miserably and they've settled on the diesel Gillig bus as their primary bus and that's all they've b

Actually it's quite simple. I have two names, my given name, which I never use and a name kinda, sorta, based on that name which was given to me by US Immigration. They don't change names anymore as t

I changed your post.  Not to make it accurate, or even to make any sense.  Just to tick you off. 

Why are they using the monorail to advertise these "other" brands, (yeah I know it's all Disney now), but if they are gonna wrap a monorail, why don't they wrap their main stream animation movies??  You know, the fun stuff :)

I think it might have to do with the cool factor. Super heroes are cool, monorails are cool.

Animated Disney characters are not cool, they're fun, and are advertised inside the buses.

Don't like the new wrap

It looks dirty.

That's the look they were going for.

I think it might have to do with the cool factor. Super heroes are cool, monorails are cool.

Animated Disney characters are not cool, they're fun, and are advertised inside the buses.

So by that logic, buses are way more fun than the monorails.  :D

Well they are sortof advertised.  It seems mostly to be the ABC and Disney Channel crap, neither one of which I like to watch.

Well they are sortof advertised. It seems mostly to be the ABC and Disney Channel crap, neither one of which I like to watch.

There is almost nothing Walt Disney about the Disney Channel. Once the toddler stuff is done and Phineus and Ferb are off there is no redeeming programs. I wish they showed more of the old cartoons or the movies

• 4 weeks later...

This situation keeps coming up, so some of you may be wondering why it happens.

Today I picked up at the WL for MK and because my next run was to Pop Century, I had to drop of the guests that I picked up at the WL, at the Pop Century bus stop.

One guest got very angry as the Pop Century bus stop is the furthest away from the MK entrance. He angrily complained that if the WL is one of the closet to the entrance, why does he keep getting dropped off at a bus stop that is the furthest away?

Well folks, just because you're paying big bucks to stay at a luxury resort doesn't buy you preferential treatment when it comes to being dropped off.

And even if your bus stop is closest to the entrance, you're not going to be dropped off there. Buses don't go back and forth to the same resort all day. Buses usually  drop off at the bus stop of the resort that they are going to next. You could be dropped off anywhere, paying big bucks or not.

This situation keeps coming up, so some of you may be wondering why it happens.

Today I picked up at the WL for MK and because my next run was to Pop Century, I had to drop of the guests that I picked up at the WL, at the Pop Century bus stop.

One guest got very angry as the Pop Century bus stop is the furthest away from the MK entrance. He angrily complained that if the WL is one of the closet to the entrance, why does he keep getting dropped off at a bus stop that is the furthest away?

Well folks, just because you're paying big bucks to stay at a luxury resort doesn't buy you preferential treatment when it comes to being dropped off.

And even if your bus stop is closest to the entrance, you're not going to be dropped off there. Buses don't go back and forth to the same resort all day. Buses usually  drop off at the bus stop of the resort that they are going to next. You could be dropped off anywhere, paying big bucks or not.

Honestly? He was upset because he had to walk a little more?  If he was that concerned, the boat is closer than the bus stops anyway... People amaze me. It's like they want to find something to complain about.

and that's what I LIKE about the bus system.  When you don't care what resort you are going to for dinner, you can take a bus to any park, stay on and go to a resort for dinner :)

Just enjoy the ride :)

Ahh, Carol bus roulette. 

Honestly? He was upset because he had to walk a little more?  

Yup, very upset. He thought I just arbitrarily decided to drop him off so far away. 

He understood after I explained why it happens.

Maybe it's just me, but once I get onto the vehicle (bus, boat,,monorail, my car) that will carry me home, there is a great reduction in stress. It seems funny that someone gets so "wrapped around the axle" on drop off sequencing.

That funny. I never noticed that I go t dropped off at a different bus stop then the resort I came from. I guess I'm just to excited about being at the park. Maybe he thought the 100 feet extra he had to walk to get into the park was going to make a difference in the 5 miles he was going to walk that day.

Snotty prima donna guests who stay at expensive resort hotels then complain to the poor CM's when things don't go absolutely perfect for them and the entire resort doesn't bend over backwards to make their stay magical SMB.

I'm not poor.

Maybe it's just me, but once I get onto the vehicle (bus, boat,,monorail, my car) that will carry me home, there is a great reduction in stress. It seems funny that someone gets so "wrapped around the axle" on drop off sequencing.

I've read it many times on other boards as well, that because they're paying to stay at the deluxes, their bus stops should be closest to the entrances.

Maybe he thought the 100 feet extra he had to walk to get into the park was going to make a difference in the 5 miles he was going to walk that day.

Actually, I'm guessing it's more like 150 yards extra, but your point is still valid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There was one of those new buses in the Fort over the weekend

There are only a handful on the road with more coming.

This new paint scheme  proves TCD's point that WDW is run by a bunch idiots.

But I knew that years ago when I rejected their offer to be part of the WDW engineering department. I made the right choice.

They had a clean slate and that's the best they could do. The incompetence is baffling.

Bus2_zps46fc25c8.jpg

But I get what you're saying- is this the best they could do?

Also- this bus had some kind of PA system that could be heard outside of the bus.

I could be mistaken, but I think I heard both canned announcements as well as the driver speaking.

It's ok, but it could have been so much better.

They've been testing the outside announcements for a while at certain resorts on certain buses.

I know for a fact that most people don't pay attention when the announcements are made inside, and it's no different when they're made on the outside.

The amusing thing is that by the time the announcement ends, the bus is 100 yards down the road.