• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry y'all. There ain't much better than boiled peanuts! It is an exciting time when they pull those fresh green peanuts out of the ground and we have our first peanut boil! Come on, right near m

I LOVE boiled peanuts. I am planning to buy some to take with us on our next trip. I now buy the ones in the bags at Wal Mart. They are great. I take some out and put them a bowl and then re seal t

But the fresh ones are even better than the canned ones, as long as they use the green peanuts (the ones that haven't been dryer). Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

OK Fiends - I wasn't expecting to get more replies on whether you *liked* boiled peanuts than where to buy them! Y'all are funny.  I must admit, the first time I tried them I thought there was no way I would like such a mushy, gross thing.   But alas, when prepared properly, I am now a fan.  For the record, we didn't find any close to the Fort, but if we do...we'll let you know.

F6AB1794-D4AA-4761-88B9-7CA6CBF28B05-179

Just for Dave. Okay boiled peanut afficionadoes, try to convince me that doesn't look like a big plate of s***

I'm sorry y'all. There ain't much better than boiled peanuts! It is an exciting time when they pull those fresh green peanuts out of the ground and we have our first peanut boil! Come on, right near me in Dothan, they have the National Peanut Festival with a queen and everything! 

Dad used to grow peanuts in our garden.  We'd pull them out of the ground, wash them off, and eat them right there.  They were the best!

But I have to admit that I like most veggies uncooked.  The only exceptions are beans and squash.  We'd also sit in the garden and pull up carrots, onions, etc., and eat them on the spot.

Those who don't like or haven't tried boiled peanuts, I say don't eat them, leaves more for us who think they are one of the best things you can eat almost as good as dole whips.

Well now I have to try them!  If I can find them...

OK Fiends - I wasn't expecting to get more replies on whether you *liked* boiled peanuts than where to buy them! Y'all are funny.  I must admit, the first time I tried them I thought there was no way I would like such a mushy, gross thing.   But alas, when prepared properly, I am now a fan.  For the record, we didn't find any close to the Fort, but if we do...we'll let you know.

Please do, because I'm guessing they're not going to be easy to find up here.

Oh Mike, you should never expect to get a just a straight answer here. We can hijack any thread. You'll get your answer and then a whole bunch of other stuff. That's how we roll.

Oh you'll always get a straight answer, then about 15 pages of not-so-straight ones.  8)

F6AB1794-D4AA-4761-88B9-7CA6CBF28B05-179

Just for Dave. Okay boiled peanut afficionadoes, try to convince me that doesn't look like a big plate of s***

Ok so those look... interesting.  Or as DH said, "they look like someone was following the dogs around the yard from behind"

:rofl2:

But that will not deter me.  I've learned that some of the funkiest looking food can also be some of the tastiest.

If I manage to track these down, I will require instructions on how to properly prepare them. 

Well now I have to try them!  If I can find them...

Please do, because I'm guessing they're not going to be easy to find up here.

Oh you'll always get a straight answer, then about 15 pages of not-so-straight ones.  8)

Ok so those look... interesting.  Or as DH said, "they look like someone was following the dogs around the yard from behind"

:rofl2:

But that will not deter me.  I've learned that some of the funkiest looking food can also be some of the tastiest.

If I manage to track these down, I will require instructions on how to properly prepare them. 

Mo, you have to remind me! I will bring you some at Halloween!

So just curious. I assume you remove the shell before eating these? 

If so I can guarantee I will never be eating these as my little OCD about touching slimy things will absolutely stop me. 

Yes, you remove the shell and throw it away and then you take the mushy peanuts and throw those away too.