• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We also saw the parade from the second story of the Train Station.  We got there about 2 pm and stood directly behind a couple sitting closest to the railing.  I asked her what time they had arrived t

I went to view the parade and thought Id share some photos I took. I wont post a bunch in case anyone wants to keep some surprises.                                 There is so much happ

Spectro was definitely my favorite. Best new from a bus driver all night.

I hope it's up and running by may.

Disney says, "planned to debut in spring 2014". Just Spring, not the 1st day of Spring, not the end of Spring, just Spring.

Thanks a lot Disney for being so precise.

May is towards the end of Spring, Wouldn't you think that it should be a regular thing by then?

They have from Jan until the actual beginning of Spring to get it right, almost 3 months.

Come on, it's a silly parade. If the floats are ready, how much rehearsal time do they need?

Some times, actually a lot of times, things move so slowly at WDW.

Disney says, "planned to debut in spring 2014". Just Spring, not the 1st day of Spring, not the end of Spring, just Spring.

Thanks a lot Disney for being so precise.

May is towards the end of Spring, Wouldn't you think that it should be a regular thing by then?

They have from Jan until the actual beginning of Spring to get it right, almost 3 months.

Come on, it's a silly parade. If the floats are ready, how much rehearsal time do they need?

Some times, actually a lot of times, things move so slowly at WDW.

It seems like they are deliberately slowing things up to make a big splash in Spring with the new Mine Train ride and this new parade.

It doesn't make sense for them to have stopped the current 3:00 parade, and have no parade until this new one is finally ready.  I guess they want to build up anticipation and demand.

It's interesting that for the first time since I can remember, they did not announce a theme for 2014 on New Year's Eve (e.g. Limited Time Magic in 2013).  I guess there will be some big hoopla in the Spring.

TCD

Like the big splash they made when the new Fantasyland opened?

To put it in Prez George K's words, well kinda, I wonder if it was the experience Disney expected?

So a new parade and ride, is that enough to make a big splash?

Normally, no.  But the Mine Train is an exception.  There is LOTS of buzz and anticipation. 

The parade?  Who gives a crap?  Parades SMB. 

It doesn't make sense for them to have stopped the current 3:00 parade, and have no parade until this new one is finally ready. I guess they want to build up anticipation and demand.

TCD

From the outside looking in I can see where it seems that way. But, from a logistical standpoint, they do not have the space to store 4 parades worth of floats and still operate normally. The old 3 o'clock parade had to be completely moved out and the new one brought in, then several practice runs have to be done to train everyone involved. So it was necessary to do it this way. They did wait for the slow time of year to do it at least.

From the outside looking in I can see where it seems that way. But, from a logistical standpoint, they do not have the space to store 4 parades worth of floats and still operate normally. The old 3 o'clock parade had to be completely moved out and the new one brought in, then several practice runs have to be done to train everyone involved. So it was necessary to do it this way. They did wait for the slow time of year to do it at least.

A company with the resources Disney has needs 3+ months to roll out a new parade?

OK.

You are a good and loyal CM.

TCD

A new parade, new choreographed dances with music, new technology, new processes. All of which cannot even be tested until it is onsite. With a parade that will be moving along crowded streets safety is top of the list and everyone involved needs to be fully trained to where its second nature. All of that takes time.

Now, work in the removal of the old parade and the shipping in of the new one. That's a month right there. As the first couple of new floats only started to arrive.

And we know how engineers are. They plan and plan, but don't always get everything right. They may need to move a lamppost because the plans were off by an inch or the new wheels wont make it over a bump that now needs flattened out.

Test and adjust and practice. The show will not go on until its perfect.

A new parade, new choreographed dances with music, new technology, new processes. All of which cannot even be tested until it is onsite. With a parade that will be moving along crowded streets safety is top of the list and everyone involved needs to be fully trained to where its second nature. All of that takes time.

Now, work in the removal of the old parade and the shipping in of the new one. That's a month right there. As the first couple of new floats only started to arrive.

And we know how engineers are. They plan and plan, but don't always get everything right. They may need to move a lamppost because the plans were off by an inch or the new wheels wont make it over a bump that now needs flattened out.

Test and adjust and practice. The show will not go on until its perfect.

Alright, I see your point.

I hope you're right about the time they're taking, and that there won't be glitches once it is rolled out to the public.

TCD

Alright, I see your point.

I hope you're right about the time they're taking, and that there won't be glitches once it is rolled out to the public.

TCD

There wont. They will start night runs sometime soon and by the time they make the first public run, it will be second nature to all involved.

BTW, have you seen how big those floats are? They are huge in person. Way bigger than the old parade.

There wont. They will start night runs sometime soon and by the time they make the first public run, it will be second nature to all involved.

BTW, have you seen how big those floats are? They are huge in person. Way bigger than the old parade.

Where would I see the floats?

Wait a minute, looks like there are some grainy photos here:

http://www.disneylifestylers.com/exclusive-festival-of-fantasy-photos/

Looks pretty cool.

I'll bet those will be very impressive in person.

TCD

Where would I see the floats?

Wait a minute, looks like there are some grainy photos here:

http://www.disneylifestylers.com/exclusive-festival-of-fantasy-photos/

Looks pretty cool.

I'll bet those will be very impressive in person.

TCD

Wow. Using the people as a guide, those floats are massive. Way bigger than the old ones.

They look cool though.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it doesn't matter to Disney, but I wish they would at least consider switching between spectro magic and MSEP at least biannually. They could do one in spring and summer and the other in fall and winter. Or move spectro magic to Epcot and have a parade around the world which would be cool. Does Epcot even have a parade?

I know it doesn't matter to Disney, but I wish they would at least consider switching between spectro magic and MSEP at least biannually. They could do one in spring and summer and the other in fall and winter. Or move spectro magic to Epcot and have a parade around the world which would be cool. Does Epcot even have a parade?

Sadly Spectro was neglected and finally destroyed last year. 

• 4 weeks later...

The new Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will debut at Magic Kingdom Sunday, March 9, 2014, at 3:00pm.

The parade will run from Frontierland to Main Street, U.S.A. Festival of Fantasy is being described as a celebration of Fantasyland with a cast of over 100 characters and performers.  Characters in the parade will include Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, Anna, Elsa and more. Maleficent will be represented in the form of a giant clockwork dragon.

Festival of Fantasy will be available as part of FastPass+ experiences.