CKCK 6.0-June 11-17 at the Fort...BAM!

Ooh-Eee-Ohh-Ahh-Ahh-Ting-Tang-Walla-Walla-Bing-Bang!!!!

Ooga Chaka!

How have we gotten to this point?  

Ahhhh... border collies with broom issues.  I know it well.

Love "the look"

SHAZAM!!

I know you do.  Belle is 13 years old now.  While she really has slowed down a lot in her old age, she is still slightly neurotic and obsessive.  I also think she is half deaf now.  Either that or her selective hearing has gotten much more selective.  Never a dull day with a border collie, right?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids are from the UPS man, I don't judge

I’m also subtitling this TR, “Welcome back, CKCK.”     Kinda like “Welcome back, Kotter,” except not.     If you want, you can sing the theme song and think of me.     Or not.   If you don’t know the

I think it was Ben Frankin who once said, "Magic Cookie Bars are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy". 

Belle is 13 years old now.  While she really has slowed down a lot in her old age, she is still slightly neurotic and obsessive.  I also think she is half deaf now.  Either that or her selective hearing has gotten much more selective.  Never a dull day with a border collie, right?

Brady just hit 11 this spring.  He's a lot less neurotic and obsessive these days (thank goodness!) and sometimes a bit slow to get up but that boy is still ALL GO! To the point that if you don't stop him, he'll run himself ragged and then spend the next day looking pitiful.

Never a dull day indeed!!

As for selective hearing...  Bz (who's only 6) has had that from birth.   8)

BABBALOOOOO!!!!!!

Love the family shots!

Someone needs to PM me the Buzz secret.

The secret is you have to be a Galactic Hero.

Bam!

Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang?

Chim-Chimery-Chim-Chim-Cheroo?

???

Brady just hit 11 this spring.  He's a lot less neurotic and obsessive these days (thank goodness!) and sometimes a bit slow to get up but that boy is still ALL GO! To the point that if you don't stop him, he'll run himself ragged and then spend the next day looking pitiful.

Never a dull day indeed!!

As for selective hearing...  Bz (who's only 6) has had that from birth.   8)

BABBALOOOOO!!!!!!

Yes, Belle can be real slow to get up.  I've been giving her some joint medicine (some bitter/tart cherry somethingorother) and it seems to help a lot.  There was a point earlier this summer when we ran out and she could barely get up at night to go out.  Of course, that won't stop her from chasing Roxy or going after a butterfly or shadow of a bird earlier in the day...

Day 8: Tuesday, June 18

Good grief.  We were gone that many days?  

Crazy.

It flew by, too.

Today was our last day, and we intended to spend it on the beach and at the pool.

Last year we tried this same plan, but my truck had other plans.  I spent most of the day at the Toyota dealer trying to get it fixed.  If you read CKCK 3.0 you’ll know that I got screwed by that dealer.  They replaced a fuse and sent me on my way, when they knew that the problem was a $2400 very time consuming repair that was a recall, so they wouldn’t have gotten my money.  They told me it was something minor and reset the computer, knowing it would take another day or so to reappear and I would be gone by then.  So yes, they sent me back on the road with a golf cart in the back and pulling a trailer back to Georgia.

Not cool.

I was keeping my fingers crossed this year, because I was not going to take the truck to those guys again.

Luckily everything was good and I got to enjoy the day.

I don’t have many pics.  The girls are not beach people (apparently they get that from me), but totally dig the pool, so that’s where we spent most of our time.

First my mom wanted to take us to breakfast further up Anna Maria Island.  When we went to WDW and then the beach to visit PaPa’s aunt in 1987 we went to this same breakfast joint.  They do all you can eat pancakes and cook them in this little hut right there on the beach.

I don’t do pancakes.  Not my bag.

So I got something else while everyone else got pancakes.

9110432153_fc32793ff7.jpg

9112654626_f0f2950654.jpg

9110429579_c571278b5c.jpg

CKCK is not impressed.

9112651016_e0c74783db.jpg

Back then there used to be a big pier that went out into the water.  Big pelicans used to hang out on them.  I’ve seen the pics.

Several hurricanes took care of that.  

I vaguely remembered parts of this place, believe it or not.

No beach pics.  Not that you really want to see much of that action.

9110408179_269535ebb9.jpg

Dinner:

9110406899_0fdc53c0c7.jpg

It has become our tradition to get Leroy Selmon’s barbecue while we're at the beach.  PaPa and I go and order (aka sit at the bar while they make our food) and then bring it back.

We dig it.  

Now, MaMa is one of these matchy shirt picture people.  

I am not.

Last year she bought pink shirts for everyone to wear.

I was not a happy camper.

Luckily this year she bought grey shirts.  I can do grey.

9110400039_39b0bfa93d.jpg

You’ll notice that PaPa actually looks somewhat tall in that pic.

That’s because the beach is sloping and I’m on the low end.  

In my family I am a giant.

I’m only 5’ 10”.

Too bad Stef isn’t around.  I would totally bring up her height right now (or lack thereof).

9112621308_11084db884.jpg

Apparently no one else understands the “fun” pose.

9110396979_0303710517.jpg

We hit the pool one more time...

9112616900_503e2c5281.jpg

I have to give MaMa some props here.  

We all remember her pics earlier in this TR.  

They were...well...interesting.

Well, she killed it here:

9112610410_b7f90e9500.jpg

9221404541_eee8e744eb.jpg

I wish I could take credit for those.

And that’s it.

Except not.

DW had found some doughnut place on the way northern tip of Anna Maria Island that we had all decided to meet at in the morning.

So...

Day 9: Wednesday, June 19.

Doughnuts.

I forget the name of this place, but they do custom doughnuts.  As in, you walk up, pick your icing flavor and toppings, then the lady takes a cake doughnut, puts your icing and toppings on it fresh, then you eat it in the mouth.

Seriously.

We got a variety.

What’s left of a key lime doughnut:

9097466964_e46fe02509.jpg

Maple icing and BACON:

9095237509_63501cb374.jpg

Boring vanilla icing and sprinkles (the Reds...)

9095238045_02cf607518.jpg

Have I ever mentioned how I hate sprinkles almost as much as sand?

I do.

They serve no purpose other than to get stuck in my teeth and fall off and get everywhere.

I forget all the other doughnuts we had, but their icings were vanilla, chocolate, caramel, and maple.  Why they didn’t have strawberry, I don’t know.

Strawberry icing is easily the best there is.  The problem is most doughnut places always put sprinkles on their strawberry icing doughnuts.  

Drives me crazy.

They had all kinds of toppings...bacon, sprinkles, graham, sea salt, other things I can’t remember...

9095237003_051d9de4ed.jpg

And that officially brings this TR to a close.

No more pictures.

No more Redheads for you.  

No more extremely witty comments.

No more of my comments either.

Thanks for reading along.

Thanks for commenting.  That’s what makes TR’s fun.  Otherwise it’s just some loser putting up pics of themselves and talking about themselves.  

How lame would that be?

And while we’ve had more onomatopoeias than I could ever imagine, I will leave you with the one that started all of this...

BAM!

Way to close a TR with custom doughnuts, more adorable Reds and Mama's killer sunset pics!

Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

BAM!

Thanks!  

Thanks for another epic TR CK.

Shwing!

See, that's what I'm talking about.  Old school.  You should have brought that one from the beginning.  Party on.

The view from the breakfast place is amazing! How could you be unhappy there?!?!?

MaMa really redeemed herself with those sunset pics.

You need to visit Dutch Monkey Doughnuts in Cumming, GA. Not only are they the BEST doughnuts ever, they have strawberry iced, and the icing is made daily with real strawberries. They also have a doughnut wrapped in 2 pieces of bacon. Bam!

I consulted google for you. Anna Maria donuts!

Started by a retired cop. Who has the first joke?

http://www.bradenton.com/2013/06/04/4552825/former-police-officer-gets-creative.html

Good work.  I had no idea.  I just eat things, not read about them so much like DW.  In fact, she may have already told me that info.  

I don't listen much either.

The view from the breakfast place is amazing! How could you be unhappy there?!?!?

MaMa really redeemed herself with those sunset pics.

You need to visit Dutch Monkey Doughnuts in Cumming, GA. Not only are they the BEST doughnuts ever, they have strawberry iced, and the icing is made daily with real strawberries. They also have a doughnut wrapped in 2 pieces of bacon. Bam!

How could I be unhappy?

Sand.

And heat.

And I'm no so much a breakfast person to start with, so it takes a lot to get me excited (like Trails End).

Even though I don't like the name Dutch Monkey Doughnuts, you have me intrigued.  And we have friends off of 141 in Cumming so we are in the area somewhat often.  Where is this place?

You're still my hero...

I hope I don't ever let you down.

I'm also anti-sprinkles but they are called jimmies dang it! Repeat after me, jimmies!

Jimmies! Jimmies! Jimmies!

Jimmies is one of those um..... establishments not far from my house. Sorry can't chant that without :rofl2:

I don't know what's happening here, but I am starting to feel a little dirty.

Another reason to not like sprinkles I guess.

Great report!  You really know how to end a report in style....bacon donuts!  Bravo. 

Thanks!  Yeah, the bacon doughnut was my ace in the hole.

Trying to catch up

No hurry, this is not the TR that keeps on giving.  That's TCD's...I'll never fully catch up on that one.

I'm sorry to see this report end.

You said that you were going to bring the heat, and you did.

Great job!

BAM!

TCD

Me too...this was a fun trip to re-live.  Thanks for adding to it!

Bam is right!

You had a lot of great pictures of your daughters in this TR, but this one is my absolute favorite!

Sad to see this TR end.  

I agree, and that was actually another MaMa pic.  She kind of turned it on once she got to the beach.

Thank You for sharing.      ZLONK !

Thanks for reading!

Those were great photos from MaMa.

great trip report

Thanks!