Toto... I Don't Think We're At Disney Anymore.

If you're so tired of the "Total Immersion, Magical Experience" thing.... Then this TR is for you.  There will be none of that nonsense here.

This weekend H, Lil H, Gabe and I headed out for CAMP Wilderness at Carowinds... not to be confused with that magical place everyone keeps talking about.  Don't get me wrong.  It was fun.  But not magical.  

Many of you will remember that our camper was in a hayfield for a year.  It has now been home for almost a year and a half but has not been to a real campground since it's return..... until now.   Soooooo of course there were gonna be problems on it's first time out of the yard.

The slide out wouldn't slide out.

The power jack wouldn't do what power jacks are supposed to do.

H had to work right up until departure day so that left me with the boys, G's appointments and no time to pack, clean the camper or shop for any semblance of grocery items.  Oh well.  At least H and KFbro were able to tackle the issues at hand and we threw clothes into a suitcase,  packed cameras, linens, towels and toilet paper and we were off.  

This is my attempt at a photo of the entrance sign ... Fail.

P1020582.jpg

Coasters in the distance.

P1020583.jpg

P1020585.jpg

Ahhhhh !!! Here at last!  That 2.5 hour drive is a killer!

P1020586.jpg

We never make it to the campground pool but it did look pretty nice (this is not a good pic) and there was a lifeguard on duty.

P1020587.jpg

I didn't think to get a photo of our campsite after we got all set up but I did take some on our last day so those will come later.  After we set up we were starving as we'd had donuts for breakfast and crackers for lunch.  Not my proudest moment as a wife and mother... so we set our sails for Chic Fil A.  On our way back out of the camp ground I spotted this....

P1020588.jpg

That is a waterslide at the waterpark.  Instantly I remembered something.  KFBro (who was the inspiration for Gaston) warned me not to ride the tall black tube slide under any circumstance.  That looked like the one.   When KFBro issues such a warning... KFK listens.  It looked worse up close.

We were apparently very near the airport so we saw a lot of planes flying over.  I attempted a photo or two.  

Fail.

P1020591.jpg

P1020592.jpg

The plane photos may have been a failure but I can spot the more important things in life...

P1020594.jpg

Truck photos.  Lil H was sooo tired he couldn't stay upright for the short distance to Chic Fil A.  Maybe it was the hunger.. I don't know for sure.

P1020596.jpg

P1020597.jpg

Big H

P1020598.jpg

We ate our food so fast I didnt' have time to take any pood forn photos. But y'all know what chicken looks like anyway.    I did take a couple of cute pics of the boys in the play area.

P1020599.jpg

P1020602.jpg

After we ate we headed for Wal Mart for a few items.  A few items turned into a lot of items.  When we came oit there was as beautiful crescent moon.  I call those Carolina Moons.

On our big screen TV you can actually see the craters around the middle of the moon.

P1020603.jpg

Another shot using a different camera mode.

P1020604.jpg

We headed back to CAMP Wilderness for a little R and R because we had a big day ahead of us!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're so tired of the "Total Immersion, Magical Experience" thing.... Then this TR is for you.  There will be none of that nonsense here.   This weekend H, Lil H, Gabe and I headed out for CAMP Wi

I say WWW require lots of practice. So we should do both.

:)

Awesome!!!!  Me and my son went to Carrowinds several years ago (2005), but at that time the campground was not open.

My parents, bro and sil were there only 3 years ago and it has changed a lot since then.  It is a fun park especially if you like roller cooasters.  :)

Great TR so far.

But Tri-Circle-D will take exception to some of those photos.  He's convinced you cannot photograph the moon.

I've also realized my wife and I never take enough pics for us to ever do a decent TR...

Thank you.  TCD has now been schooled. :))

I take photos of everything and usually have to weed them out for a TR.  Most of them will make it in the report this time since I only took around 250. 

Count me in!

You are counted in.

Whheeeeeeeee hands up!!

Wheeeeeeee!!!!!

Yay, another trip report!

And can you save me from looking it up.. where is Carrowinds located?  I know I've heard of it before, but am clueless as to it's location.  If it has good coasters, we may need to do a road trip sometime...  

It's half in Charlotte, NC and half in Rock HIll, SC.   You may want to consider Cedar Point in OH since it is the same company and would be much closer to you.   :)

I think Carowinds may be Coaster Central.  If I looked at the website correctly there are 10.  Not including water rides and other thrill rides.

It's half in Charlotte, NC and half in Rock HIll, SC.   You may want to consider Cedar Point in OH since it is the same company and would be much closer to you.   :)

I think Carowinds may be Coaster Central.  If I looked at the website correctly there are 10.  Not including water rides and other thrill rides.

Thanks

Yeah, Cedar Point is the closest big park around, and we've been there a few times, but after watching those Travel Channel shows on roller coasters, you know, it sometimes makes you want to go try them all!   But for this year, Kennywood will be the only one. 

Can't wait to see how your trip went.

Yay!  I can't wait to read more about what happened at Camp Wilderness.  I have never heard of it.

Cedar Point is one of my favorite amusement parks as I grew about an hour away from there.  They currently have 16 roller coasters (not including water rides and such).  It's one of those must go places if you love coasters!

Thanks

Yeah, Cedar Point is the closest big park around, and we've been there a few times, but after watching those Travel Channel shows on roller coasters, you know, it sometimes makes you want to go try them all!   But for this year, Kennywood will be the only one. 

I know the feeling!  Thanks for reading along. 

I'm in! Looks like a fun place!

Hey Partner! 

Yay!  I can't wait to read more about what happened at Camp Wilderness.  I have never heard of it.

Cedar Point is one of my favorite amusement parks as I grew about an hour away from there.  They currently have 16 roller coasters (not including water rides and such).  It's one of those must go places if you love coasters!

Several of Hubby's relatives have been to Cedar Point and love it.  Maybe one day....

Be like most of us and start one and never finish it. I'm 0-2 on finishing trip reports.

That is not a good record Beckers!  Maybe you should go back and finish them.  :)

Dennis Quaid is here!

Hee hee hee!

I miss the hayfield. 

I can give you directions if you'd like to visit. :raspberry2:

Thanks

I know the feeling!  Thanks for reading along. 

I'm in! Looks like a fun place!

Hey Partner! 

Several of Hubby's relatives have been to Cedar Point and love it.  Maybe one day....

Be like most of us and start one and never finish it. I'm 0-2 on finishing trip reports.

That is not a good record Beckers!  Maybe you should go back and finish them.  :)

Dennis Quaid is here!

Hee hee hee!

I miss the hayfield. 

I can give you directions if you'd like to visit. :raspberry2: