Seven Dwarfs Mine Train News/Countdown Thread

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is what bothers me about the "media" these days. Its not about reporting new and interesting stuff. Its about "Look at the cool stuff I got to do that youll never be able to do" Rubbing it on

I would put this out there.   Please do not interfere with Twin #2s job performance. While it is ok to have the occasional meeting while on the clock, Disney will frown on people intentionally looking

Time to post some photos:     This is the beginning of the standby line........     About halfway through the outdoor portion of the standbyline.     The entrance to the indoor portion of the line

Dang it.

I wanted First Fiend to Ride Mine Train Bragging Rights!

Great photos, Dave.  Especially since they are just from your phone.

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to catch a soft opening, it's going to take me a long time to ride this one 14 times.

Hopefully, I'll ride it a few times before the end of the month.

TCD

Dang it.

I wanted First Fiend to Ride Mine Train Bragging Rights!

Great photos, Dave.  Especially since they are just from your phone.

Since it doesn't look like I'm going to catch a soft opening, it's going to take me a long time to ride this one 14 times.

Hopefully, I'll ride it a few times before the end of the month.

TCD

Sorry Andrew. Had to beat you at something.....

How does that line go? Oh yeh, its good to Devores.................

Sorry Andrew. Had to beat you at something.....

How does that line go? Oh yeh, its good to Devores.................

LOL.

If it weren't you, I'd be complaining about the fact that CM's get unlimited rides, while passholders get nothing.

Not very cool on Disney's part.  But typical of how things have gone lately.

At least I can schedule FP+'s in advance for the Mine Train.  I've got you there.

TCD

It doesn't officially open until the 28th.

Awesome. We get to orlando on the 31st but my FP+ isn't till the 3rd or 4th. So unless TCD or another fiend gets there earlier. I might be the first non-CM to ride it.

Does anyone else have FP+ before me or planning on being there before me?

I understand, but it sound like a few select fiends cms have ridden it many times, I was just wondering if any of those were after dark... Or has anyone seen how the ride is lit after dark? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I know, the only Fiend who has ridden it so far is Devores. He has not reported any night rides.

I have walked completely around the new "mountain" several times in the evening since the construction walls have come down.  The landscaping and lighting are outstanding.  There are also speakers playing cricket sounds as well as fake bird calls.  It is very well done.  Like Big Thunder Mountain, I suspect that I may prefer to ride it at night.

Awesome. We get to orlando on the 31st but my FP+ isn't till the 3rd or 4th. So unless TCD or another fiend gets there earlier. I might be the first non-CM to ride it.

Yes.

TCD

No night rides yet. The testing was only conducted during daylight hours. Of course, daylight is until around 9pm now a days.

But as TCD has said, there is very well themed lighting all throughout the ride area and should make for a great ride experience. Not sure how different it will be.

And I like how the honors keep changing.

Went from first fiend to ride, to first non cm fiend to ride. Whats next? First fiend named Dave to ride? Wait, nailed that one too.......

No night rides yet. The testing was only conducted during daylight hours. Of course, daylight is until around 9pm now a days.

But as TCD has said, there is very well themed lighting all throughout the ride area and should make for a great ride experience. Not sure how different it will be.

And I like how the honors keep changing.

Went from first fiend to ride, to first non cm fiend to ride. Whats next? First fiend named Dave to ride? Wait, nailed that one too.......

That's how bragging rights work.

I am shooting for First Fiend to Ride at Night Bragging Rights now.

And maybe First Fiend to Ride via FP+ Bragging Rights.

If I don't make those, I have more- like First Fiend To Ride With Venti Mocha Frapacchino Bragging Rights.

I can go on.

But, I think I made my point.

TCD

That's how bragging rights work.

I am shooting for First Fiend to Ride at Night Bragging Rights now.

And maybe First Fiend to Ride via FP+ Bragging Rights.

If I don't make those, I have more- like First Fiend To Ride With Venti Mocha Frapacchino Bragging Rights.

I can go on.

But, I think I made my point.

TCD

How about First Fiend to Wait 30 Minutes in FP+ Kiosk Line to be Denied 4th FP+ Bragging Rights?

We get there the 31st as well. I booked fast passes for it that night. So my 1st experience on it will be in the dark.

From WDWMagic...

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at the Magic Kingdom has soft opened to guests this morning.

A limited number of guests in the Fantasyland area were able to ride the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train coaster during intermittent soft openings. We have had a number of reports from guests who rode with varying wait times from walk-on to 20 minutes.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news/21may2014-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-soft-opens-to-guests.htm

I was just coming here to mention that. They are doing a soft opening today. But as mentioned, there is no guarantee it will be running when you try. So, who will be the first non cm fiend to ride?

Sounds about right. A week away from the official opening.

I might be the first non-CM to ride it.

That possibility is slip slidin away.

But if it's any consolation, unless Andrew gets over to WDW by tomorrow, he won't be the first either.

We could have a dark horse be the first, JJBescher is there until tomorrow.

Yeah. I don't think I'll be the first fiend.

But I bet I'll be the first fiend from oklahoma who is of German and Puerto Rican decent with his 9 yr old DD and his DW pushing a giant stroller taking pictures with his iPad and looking quite dapper in his jorts and sandals with black socks.

Beat that one TCD!!!