Walt Disney World Resort hotels to offer new tiered refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill'

Hey, here's an idea. Shell out the extra bucks for a site on the 3000 loop where every site has free beer on tap. Just send in your 100 dollar deposit to me and I'll make sure you get a prime site.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be interesting. What's next RFID on the toilet paper dispensers?

It'll be a tiered program whereby you are allowed 6 squares per "visit," priced on a per day basis, with an upcharge if you have an ADR at 'Ohana ...and your name is Dave.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant.    "Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many mi

SO how are the paper single use cups going to work. Are they RFID also and can only be filled once.

We had a brief stay at one of the All Star Resorts back when they ran the test, and yes, they had RFID chips in the paper cups.  They were set to only operate for a brief period of time.  They did allow refills, but there was a setting that delayed the time between each refill.  Obviously, the time delay was there so a guest couldn't swipe one cup and refill a bunch of other cups.

From what I saw, it was a huge mess. The RFID readers only controlled the actual soda dispensers, not the ice or the ice tea or coffee machines.  There were huge piles of ice in the drink machines where guests had filled up their cups with ice and then found out they couldn't get any soda.

It will be a massive undertaking to get RFID readers installed at all of the resorts.  The good news for Fort soda thieves is that the Fort always gets the new technology last, so it will probably be a year or more before the readers get installed there.

TCD

Here's the deal, guys. If it doesn't work for you, don't do it. I have no problems with Disney charging for soda they get for nothing, either. The advertising Coke gets is worth quite a bit, and nobody is bitching about Coke's profits. I always get the mug. For 18 bucks I get a souvenir mug and refills for the 10 days I am there. Not a bad deal. If I have to go to the Meadows or Trails End for the refill, hey, no worries. It gets me off my sorry ass and moving. Jeez, why not gripe about other Disney ripoffs like "free" dining or DVC. Oh no, sorry, those are "good deals."

Did Bobby ask you to say something positive for a change?  Did he promise you a cut of each mug sold? 

We had a brief stay at one of the All Star Resorts back when they ran the test, and yes, they had RFID chips in the paper cups.  They were set to only operate for a brief period of time.  They did allow refills, but there was a setting that delayed the time between each refill.  Obviously, the time delay was there so a guest couldn't swipe one cup and refill a bunch of other cups.

From what I saw, it was a huge mess. The RFID readers only controlled the actual soda dispensers, not the ice or the ice tea or coffee machines.  There were huge piles of ice in the drink machines where guests had filled up their cups with ice and then found out they couldn't get any soda.

It will be a massive undertaking to get RFID readers installed at all of the resorts.  The good news for Fort soda thieves is that the Fort always gets the new technology last, so it will probably be a year or more before the readers get installed there.

TCD

That makes cense, I guess they are going to have to at least put read only device at the ice machine so people might get the idea their cup has expired, or better yet I now know where there is free ice for my cooler. 

Did Bobby ask you to say something positive for a change?  Did he promise you a cut of each mug sold?

That would be a conflict of interest. Any money I get comes from Coke.

I imagine the Pop Police over on that other board are all having orgasms right about now.

Oh you wouldn't believe the wailing and chest beating going on all around the interwebz over a little sugar water.

You'd think people were being told they were doing away with the magic altogether!!  8)

Oh you wouldn't believe the wailing and chest beating going on all around the interwebz over a little sugar water.

You'd think people were being told they were doing away with the magic altogether!!  8)

we should make sugar water and throw a little flavor in it while at the fort and charge 1.00 a cup.  

THEY'VE RUINED THE MAGIC. I'M NEVER GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (until Saturday)

:rofl2:

It's funny, but I see sooooo many people around the Disney-related interwebz that have constant hissy fits over every thing Disney does - and I mean, raging, ranting, ohmygoddisneyisthegreediestabsoluteworseentityintheentireuniverse, complete freak outs. 

I always want to reply "no one is making you give them your money!!!"

It's funny, but I see sooooo many people around the Disney-related interwebz that have constant hissy fits over every thing Disney does - and I mean, raging, ranting, ohmygoddisneyisthegreediestabsoluteworseentityintheentireuniverse, complete freak outs. 

Exactly.

I've only had mugs on 1 trip. Of course, we usually drive, so I just find it easier to bring my own Diet Coke. Because I will admit, I AM a Diet Coke addict.

Or, " yeah! One less family in front of me in line!!"

To me if Disney thought this through they would get rid of the mugs altogether. There already making everybody a walking RFID. So why not make your room key or bracelet turn the machine on and give you a paper cup. Now there is no need for the mug washing stations and they save water. They could still charge the same way. Plus you wouldn't have to carry the mug around.

Cause the cups are expensive!!!  When I ran a concession stand for my sons baseball team, the cups cost more than the syrup and Co2!

In the volume that Disney buys I can't see them costing that much.

To me if Disney thought this through they would get rid of the mugs altogether. There already making everybody a walking RFID. So why not make your room key or bracelet turn the machine on and give you a paper cup. Now there is no need for the mug washing stations and they save water. They could still charge the same way. Plus you wouldn't have to carry the mug around.

1) Paper cups aren't "magical."

2) Paper cups are less likely to convince people the DDP is a good deal.

1) Paper cups aren't "magical."

2) Paper cups are less likely to convince people the DDP is a good deal.

1. Plastic cups are magical to you?

2. Plastic cups have never convinced me that the DDP is a good deal. Never done it dought I ever will.

I don't understand why the refillable cup is such an issue with people. Over a 10 day stay, it would cost a buck eighty a day for drinks. That is a deal no matter how you do the math. It also looks like Disney has been pretty accommodating by allowing the cups to be used at all resorts. I guess the problem is that Disney is closing a loophole that made a lot of guests feel good because they were getting one over on the mouse. But in the grand scheme of things, a buck eighty a day compared to what you are paying for a room, tickets, food, etc? Come on. Let's face it, Disney is a business, they need to turn a profit or everybody will have to go to Universal for vacation, and they just figured out a way to stop a source of revenue hemorrhage. Bravo Bobby and friends.