Walt Disney World Resort hotels to offer new tiered refillable mug program called 'Rapid Fill'

The real killer for the ride was when they stopped serving meals and made you buy a bag lunch before you got into the queue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be interesting. What's next RFID on the toilet paper dispensers?

It'll be a tiered program whereby you are allowed 6 squares per "visit," priced on a per day basis, with an upcharge if you have an ADR at 'Ohana ...and your name is Dave.

I told INC about this new system and she went on a rant.    "Wow, they're really getting stingy with the pop.  Come on people, it's coffee and pop!  They probably get it for free anyways.  How many mi

For $2.99!  That's an outrageous price for a cup of soda.

Well the price just went up I heard to $3.19

Ummm, that's 3 cups of sodas, guys.

I'm thinking you could surf the trash for cups that were only used once or twice. Not everybody is going to use it 3 times in an hour.

I'm thinking you could surf the trash for cups that were only used once or twice. Not everybody is going to use it 3 times in an hour.

I'm picturing people stalking food courts now with a little pad of paper and pen, keeping track of how many times people have refilled their cups.

If you use all 3 refills it's not so bad, but still fairly high for the size of the cup - especially for a "one and done". 

A large soda at the fast food chains around here runs you around $2.50.  If you're a soda junky your go-to has to be 7-11 where a Super Big Gulp (44oz ) is somewhere around $1.50

Sounds to me like they're hiking the price of the paper cups to make the refillable mugs look more appealing.   8)

Sounds to me like they're hiking the price of the paper cups to make the refillable mugs look more appealing.   8)

No doubt.

Since they have a lower price for a one day refillable mug, I can see a lot of guests going for that after they see the price of the paper cup.

Say what you want about Disney, but they know how to extract the dollars from their guests.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw someone's account of their recent experience with the new RFID mugs out on the interwebz.  I don't know the person, and it's not a fan site article, so without their permission I won't copy/paste. 

The gist is that they were at the Yacht/Beach club when the new beverage machines were installed.  They reported that they saw CMs telling people with the old, non-RFID mugs that they could not use them.

This person bought length of stay mugs, which are supposed to default to 14 days.  They reported that each time you filled the mug it shows you the expiration date.  For some reason one of their mugs came up good for 28 days.  8)

Any word when this will hit the Fort.

It can't be long.  The new drink machines are installed at the Lodge and Contemporary. The RFID readers were not activated yet on these new machines.  I imagine that they are going to wait until they have sold out all of the old style mugs.  There are resorts using the new style mugs, and my guess is that as soon as the old mug inventory is gone, all of the other resorts will activate the RFID readers and use the new mugs. The Fort's old soft drink machine was still there on August 14, but the Nescafe machine is gone.  The Fort now has a new Joffrey's coffee machine.

TCD

It can't be long.  The new drink machines are installed at the Lodge and Contemporary. The RFID readers were not activated yet on these new machines.  I imagine that they are going to wait until they have sold out all of the old style mugs.  There are resorts using the new style mugs, and my guess is that as soon as the old mug inventory is gone, all of the other resorts will activate the RFID readers and use the new mugs. The Fort's old soft drink machine was still there on August 14, but the Nescafe machine is gone.  The Fort now has a new Joffrey's coffee machine.

TCD

I would imagine they could just slap and RFID tag on the bottom of the mug and use the old inventory with the new system. 

I would imagine they could just slap and RFID tag on the bottom of the mug and use the old inventory with the new system. 

Yes, they could.  But, so far I haven't seen that.  The resorts I mentioned with the new machines are still selling the old mug colors.  If they were going to slap on RFID tags, they probably already would have done it.

TCD