We made our own Land and Seas Package

I think you made the right dessert choice. Nothing sounded too appetizing to me from the menu besides the citrus lemon mousse.

I had the Mickey Premium in the back of my head for if something didnt interest me but I had planned to get one this night either here or in room service. The desserts on the menu didn't interest me much either so I said lets go. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You people a pathetic. A handful of sentences and this tease for a supposed TR is up to 30 posts. Not that I'll read it anyways, but Jason, turn off the video games, stop reading the comic books, and

Wow, you finally get started on the report and the only picture you post is of the EWP.  You are really trying to tick off Lou, aren't you?  :rofl2:

Blow it out your nose schmuck face! Disregard that, it wasn't nice. I'm wishing you have a magical time and that the fairies sprinkle pixie dust over you during your entire trip. Disregard that too, i

The room service looks better than the sit-down meal to me, but i am a simple man.

Me too. There were a couple of fancy things that WILL get me back on a Disney Cruise. 

We aren't fancy people either.

I'm still trying to figure out how there is three different types of pork on Sil's plate?!?

I messed up there. Have to fix it. There were 3 types of veal, Pulled Veal, Veal Ravioli, and a cut of Veal. I don't remember what kind of cut. 

p.s. actually I didn't mess it up. your just trying to mess with me. 

I had the pork trio also.....it was GOOD!  For my app that night I remember getting the smoked salmon tartare.  It was good but tasted like any smoked salmon....should have called it lox and put it on a bagel. 

My 7 year old ordered a Mickey bar every night for dessert.   It was cute, as our server learned that quickly and would declare "A Mickey Bar for Princess Stella!" every night. 

Those verandah locks look pretty solid.  My problem would be one of the other kids leaving the door open. 

Just wow.  Not a snooty food person either, but there definitely things I could have enjoyed on the menu.

What if you wanted two soups and four desserts?  Can you do that or does it have to be a full meal?

The room looks very nice and now hubby knows what our travel agent looks like. =)

I had the pork trio also.....it was GOOD!  For my app that night I remember getting the smoked salmon tartare.  It was good but tasted like any smoked salmon....should have called it lox and put it on a bagel. 

My 7 year old ordered a Mickey bar every night for dessert.   It was cute, as our server learned that quickly and would declare "A Mickey Bar for Princess Stella!" every night. 

Those verandah locks look pretty solid.  My problem would be one of the other kids leaving the door open. 

True you might run into that. I figured I would share the locks though because I had seen in multiple locations around the web people asking about how secure the balcony doors were. 

Just wow.  Not a snooty food person either, but there definitely things I could have enjoyed on the menu.

What if you wanted two soups and four desserts?  Can you do that or does it have to be a full meal?

The room looks very nice and now hubby knows what our travel agent looks like. =)

I am not sure on that particular line up but on at least one night I think I had a soup and salad with my meal. And i know we had more than one dessert some nights as we just couldn't choose. 

Not a problem!  You can order ANYTHING you want!!  Rick usually got two steaks!  A friend of ours ordered from the kids menu every night!

Great updates, Jason!

Congratulations on scoring such a nice cabin.  Those GTY rates are great.  The next time we cruise DCL, I am going to wait for a GTY or Florida Resident rate.  Lately it seem that you have to wait until the pay in full date has passed before they release those.

That verandah is awesome- but what a shame about the soot.  I can't imagine that breathing that polluted air would be a good thing.

I love the sunset photo.  It looks like the water isn't too rough.  I know that there was a tropical storm hanging around right before your cruise- did you have any rough seas?

TCD

Great updates, Jason!

Congratulations on scoring such a nice cabin. Those GTY rates are great. The next time we cruise DCL, I am going to wait for a GTY or Florida Resident rate. Lately it seem that you have to wait until the pay in full date has passed before they release those.

That verandah is awesome- but what a shame about the soot. I can't imagine that breathing that polluted air would be a good thing.

I love the sunset photo. It looks like the water isn't too rough. I know that there was a tropical storm hanging around right before your cruise- did you have any rough seas?

TCD

The only day the water was rough was sail away day. A sto had come through the day before and because Grand Cayman was the first port the captain had the engines pushing at pretty much top speed. The ship was definitely moving around that day.

Ironically if it wasn't for some TA work I needed to get online for, we wouldn't have known about the TS threatening our Castaway Cay day. I heard about it here.

TCD did you not get FL resident rate your cruise? We had actually priced out the one leaving 8/1 (my parents are FL residents it was $175 per person per night) but since it was short notice we would have had to drive and it was going to end up costing more than wanted to spend at the moment.

TCD did you not get FL resident rate your cruise? We had actually priced out the one leaving 8/1 (my parents are FL residents it was $175 per person per night) but since it was short notice we would have had to drive and it was going to end up costing more than wanted to spend at the moment.

Nope.  I paid full rack rate.  Which I swore I would never do again.  But, there literally was only one cruise sailing that worked for us this summer.  And, as luck would have it, there were never any Florida Resident discounts offered on that cruise.  They did release GTY rates after the pay in full date, but at that point, I had paid in full, and would have paid a big penalty to cancel and rebook.  Plus with the GTY, we probably would not get connecting cabins.

I saw the Florida Resident rates for the 3 night August 1 sailing and the 3 night August 8 sailing. Either of those would have cost half what the four night cruise cost us, and that would be for a verandah cabin!  HALF!!!  But we couldn't go on either of those dates.  There is no way that we could leave any of the kids out of a Disney Cruise, so I shut up, smiled, and paid.  I don't regret it.  And I won't think about how we could have taken two three night cruises for the same price as one four night cruise.

TCD

Picking up where we left off. The next morning I got up and headed to Cabana's for Breakfast. Silvia was not quite moving yet. We never really got up as early as we hoped to enjoy the Sunrises seen in TCD's cruise reports but we did catch one sunrise. That will come later. 

First up Pood Forn!

DSC03300_zpsccd26efa.jpg

I made sure to get a Krispy Kreme donut towards the begining of the cruise. Even then it was way to messy for me to eat form being reheated so I used a fork and knife. This breakfast would otherwise look very much like normal for the whole week for me. 

I then headed to the D Lounge to take my very first Animation class. I havent had chance to try this as DHS yet but I did a couple of them on the ship. This being the first one we learned to draw Mickey and Donald. 

DSC03303_zps0dbf9338.jpg

DSC03304_zps1932abb5.jpg

After leaving the class I saw an open door and being curious I took a peek. 

DSC03302_zps1ee0aadd.jpg

Holy Routers and Servers Batman! The funny thing was they were currently being used to program the Bingo machines. What a waste of computers. 

Apparently I wandered through the nightclub areas on my way to the aft elevator. 

Another section of La Piazza

DSC03306_zpsa7435096.jpg

And Ooh La La

DSC03307_zps8b97d5a4.jpg

Sorry to say that morning i was not feeling to great so I don't have a ton of pictures. I did end up going for lunch at Cabana's though so more pood forn!

DSC03308_zpsfe78f95e.jpg

I wanted to eat something hoping it would calm my stomach and I needed something to absorb some alcohol because Sil and I had signed up for the mixology class at 1 pm in Skyline lounge.

I made it to the first sip of the first drink and decided I needed to go lay down. 

Sil however lucked out. Everyone insisted that since I had paid for the class she should have my drinks. For the record you make 5 drinks and every one gets one. This meant Sil would get 10. In an hour. Luckily they are not full sized. 

DSC03309_zpsac702e26.jpg

DSC03310_zpsb3b866ca.jpg

DSC03311_zpsee3cea6f.jpg

DSC03312_zps84374a04.jpg

DSC03313_zpsd390f05a.jpg

DSC03321_zpsd0354711.jpg

DSC03323_zps85e271a9.jpg

The bartender and his helper running the class

DSC03324_zps16c14f9a.jpg

The bartender did some tricks too.

DSC03315_zps1788e30f.jpg

DSC03314_zps0a5aac96.jpg

DSC03326_zps25397603.jpg

DSC03327_zps960d288c.jpg

I think I am close on picture so I will pick it up in the next post. 

Sorry you felt bad.  Was it sea sickness?

Not sure. I was taking dramamine from before we got on the ship.My stomach upset but I was mostly just nauseous. I didn't want to let it get out of control. So i went back to the room fired up a movie and napped in bed for a couple of hours. I was fine after that and for the rest of the cruise. 

Not sure. I was taking dramamine from before we got on the ship.My stomach upset but I was mostly just nauseous. I didn't want to let it get out of control. So i went back to the room fired up a movie and napped in bed for a couple of hours. I was fine after that and for the rest of the cruise. 

Happy to hear you felt better quickly....I would hate to be sick in bed on a cruise.  But naps are ok! 

First up Pood Forn!

DSC03300_zpsccd26efa.jpg

Is that an omelet?  Did they have an omelet station in Cabanas?  I thought they had one last time on the Dream, but I couldn't find it this time.  I saw a guy with an omelet, and found out that they made them behind the counter. They kept it kind of hidden on the Dream.  You had to order, and then check back.  They didn't make it in front of you.

That mixology class looks like fun.  It's weird seeing the Skyline bar with all the lights on, though.

TCD