Another magical trip to the Fort

Last week's trip to the Fort was fantastic.  We had originally planned to take our small pop-up for the week, but my parents invited themselves along (and we welcomed them), so our little 3 person pup wasn't going to work.  Luckily for us, we found Meachum's RV right here on the boards!  Andrew had a 3 queen bed hybrid that made all of us happy.  We were also able to rent 2 carts from him, giving my mom and dad the option to scoot around and explore on their own.  It was so great to drive up and have everything set up for us!  (pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.489519897807653.1073741861.285890748170570&type=1 )  Andrew made sure the AC and fridge were running and provided everything we could have asked for, including brand new beach towels for the pool.  We will definitely rent from him again! 

This was my mom and dad's first trip to WDW.  Dad great up in Cali, so we have all done Disneyland many times.  They were blown away by Epcot!  We took 2 days there to give them plenty of opportunity to see it all (and ride Soarin' 4 times and Test Track twice).  We also took them to DHS and my son finally got his chance to battle Vader (got rained out last year).  The rest of the week was spent at the Fort and resort hopping.

One of the coolest places we went this year was new to us.  We didn't go to AK, but still wanted that safari experience.  I made a sunset reservation at Sanaa.  It was fabulous!  It had just stopped raining when we got there, so all the animals started coming out.  We got lucky and were seated in front of the windows.  Our waiter, Christopher, knew all of them by name!  It was a lovely and tasty meal and one of the highlights of the trip.

Mom and Dad are already talking about going back to the Fort next year!

Even though technically Andrew and I are competitors we help each other out. Especially the help he's giving me over Thanksgiving when I booked someone without a camper to rent by accident. He's a great guy and I'm glad your trip went well.

This is great!  A trip report by BB and a comment by FOB!!  You guys should post more often.  Even if you don't think you have anything interesting or intelligent to say....I am proof positive that those are not requirements for posting on FF.net.  

Yeah, how am I supposed to pick on you, harass you, annoy you, if you don't post?

BlondeBunny, glad you enjoyed Sanaa. It's one of the most overlooked restaurants on property. It's my favorite for lunch. It's not crowded and getting a window side table is usually possible. Ok, so I get 40%, but I'd still go.

The staff is excellent, and is able to deliver more personalized service because it is less busy.

I think what might make some people shy away is that they feel they won't like the food.

While they do offer some unconventional choices, there is enough on the menu to choose from that will satisfy the average person's appetite.

I like the unconventional tasting food, so for me, it's not an issue.