Saw a no make that 3 new things at the Fort Today

As we were leaving the Fort today on the main road about 1/2 way between the hitch un hitch area and the front they were parking campers in the grass because the overflow lot was full.

IMAG1059.jpg

IMAG1058.jpg

Maybe they have done this before but I had never seen them parking RV in the grass inside the fort.  There must have been 25 or 30 of rigs.  The poor park "rangers" must have been losing their minds seeing so many wheels on the grass.  They were also letting campers exit through the maintenance area but we had to pick up people dropping off a cart up front so we sat in the regular exit line. So I guess that's 2 new things we saw on this trip.  

OK I remembered something else.  Has anyone noticed faint blue lights in some of the trees?  We were looping Saturday night about midnight and we saw lights or something glowing very faint in some trees I think in the 400, 500 and 200 loops.  No alcohol or aliens were involved and my daughter and her boyfriend saw them too. At first I thought they were decorations but it was so high and covered so much of the tree I don’t see how it could have been done by campers.  Plus we saw them in at least 3 different places. The lights were too faint to show on my crappy phone camera.  We were only there for the one night so we didn’t get a chance to go back and investigate in the daylight.  I wish I had noted the site numbers but I didn’t. So are we crazy.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demand for the 3000 loop was so high we had to open up the grassy area here to handle to excess.

wow. Seems odd that overflow would be that full. They were resurfacing parts in July and even then it wasn't full. I wonder if more people are checking out later or the cleanup crew is missing people? Could that many people be on cruises and such to use overflow storage this week?

The same! The overflow lot was more regular car parking than trailer and RV parking on Saturday when we came in.

While we sat there waiting we saw family after family pull in, park and get out their swim bags.

Bingo.

Regular cars from freeloaders load up the parking spaces in the overflow lot on the weekends.

Then guests who check out and want to leave their rigs for the day have no place to park.

So, they park in the field.

I've seen it on the 4th of July, around Halloween, Thanksgiving week, and NYE.  But never on a regular weekend in October.

TCD

Bingo.

Regular cars from freeloaders load up the parking spaces in the overflow lot on the weekends.

Then guests who check out and want to leave their rigs for the day have no place to park.

So, they park in the field.

I've seen it on the 4th of July, around Halloween, Thanksgiving week, and NYE.  But never on a regular weekend in October.

TCD

Well since Christmas Season now lasts 2 or more months, it's safe to say the Halloween starts right after back to school sales or Labor Day.

So according to retailers and Disney there is no longer a regular weekend in October !

Everyday from early September to October 31st is Halloween. Anything to make an extra $$.

There have been Pumpkin patches, corn mazes, various festivals every weekend since the end of September.

Places in Tampa had Trick or Treat this past weekend.

There's a party or something going on every night.

I remember when Halloween was always on the 31st, and mischief night was the 30th.

There was no "Well lets make Friday night the 28th Trick or Treat because it's not a school night" bullsh**!

Grumpy Mark signing off

I noticed a bunch of utility trailers (I assume for carts) with the tow vehicles still attached, basically taking up 2 spots. Or cart trailers dropped with the hitches facing in, so no one could use the other half of the space without blocking them in. With just a little bit of intelligence and consideration, that lot could easily hold twice as much as is randomly thrown in it now.

I noticed a bunch of utility trailers (I assume for carts) with the tow vehicles still attached, basically taking up 2 spots. Or cart trailers dropped with the hitches facing in, so no one could use the other half of the space without blocking them in. With just a little bit of intelligence and consideration, that lot could easily hold twice as much as is randomly thrown in it now.

That's because the idiots can't back up, If I had a trailer I would back in in front of them. :)

OK I remembered something else.  Has anyone noticed faint blue lights in some of the trees?  We were looping Saturday night about midnight and we saw lights or something glowing very faint in some trees I think in the 400, 500 and 200 loops.  No alcohol or aliens were involved and my daughter and her boyfriend saw them too. At first I thought they were decorations but it was so high and covered so much of the tree I don’t see how it could have been done by campers.  Plus we saw them in at least 3 different places. The lights were too faint to show on my crappy phone camera.  We were only there for the one night so we didn’t get a chance to go back and investigate in the daylight.  I wish I had noted the site numbers but I didn’t. So are we crazy.

I just noticed you edited your original post to add this bit about the blue lights you saw in the trees.

What The Fort?

It isn't Wi-Fi antennas is it?

Since you say there was no alcohol involved, I am not ruling out the possibility that you're crazy.

TCD

Also- about all the trailers in the overflow lot.

Are the Rangers making their rounds leaving love notes for guests telling them that if their trailers don't fit on the pads they have to be moved to overflow?

TCD

I doubt it since I haven't seen any notes on the "multi cars" parked on sites.

Also- about all the trailers in the overflow lot.

Are the Rangers making their rounds leaving love notes for guests telling them that if their trailers don't fit on the pads they have to be moved to overflow?

TCD

Our neighbor in 616 right by the 600 loop bridge to the campfire had a trailer behind their site in the grass but I'm not sure it could be seen from the road they had a huge class A.

I didn't see a Ranger the entire time I was there last month.  They aren't gone, are they?

Also, Dave- did you see what Memphis said about blue lights in the trees? 

TCD

I was told by a Fort manager that there is security, and rangers when I was making a noise complaint.

I saw security drive thru the 2000 loop a few times last weekend, with the widows up and a/c on.

Never saw a ranger who are supposed to be in golf carts.

Manager also told me the Fort was big and that's why they have a hard time keeping the noise down and answering calls.