Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

What size is the cloth on your table?  I am thinking of just bringing the remnants of the black plastic I used to put my garden to bed for the winter.

Did you fix your carbon monoxide detector?

Can't wait to see those views for myself on Sunday. 

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

What size is the cloth on your table?  I am thinking of just bringing the remnants of the black plastic I used to put my garden to bed for the winter.

Did you fix your carbon monoxide detector?

Can't wait to see those views for myself on Sunday. 

I couldn't find the correct size tablecloth, so I used an odd sized cheap one from Walmart and threw it away when we left.  The perfect size would be 72 x 72.  I want something machine washable and have decided to get a heavy vinyl shower curtain to use as a tablecloth instead.

No, we didn't fix the detector down there.  Had to put up with the beeping the night on the road coming home too.  It really unnerved Kassie.

Hope you have a great trip!

That is a good idea.  I am sure I have unused shower curtains.  I will be measuring them today.  Thanks!

You're welcome!

Great pictures of the Outpost!  

Thanks, Dave.

Great pix! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Your an awesome photographer. Beep! Beep! Beep!

I just noticed the new name of your TR. Beep! Beep! Beep!

when did you change it? Beep! Beep! Beep!

I probably would have ripped out that, Beep! Beep! Beep!, carbon monoxide detector!!!

:rofl2:

Thank you!

If I could have figured out how to rip out that detector, I would have.

Gwen, don't know how I missed this TR, but we're glad you stopped to say "HI".. Looks like you really enjoyed yourselves. Glad you had a safe trip home.

Happy we got to see you again!

Those early morning Fort photos from your arrival day are great!

So, why did you have to go back to the Outpost and wait in line?  Why didn't they text your site #?

TCD

Thanks.

I don't know, and the person who helped me couldn't figure it out.

Working on finishing up arrival day.  Hopefully will get it it posted today.

Sunday, November 3 - Part 2

After getting everything set up, David and I went to the MK. 

026boats.jpg

027boatcoming.jpg

028water.jpg

029trainstation.jpg

We purchased our APs and M/E/kids' five day park passes and linked them to our MagicBands.  Ouch.  What an investment! 

Then we went upstairs in the train station for me to check out my zoom lens.

At 18MM:

030zoomedoutto18.jpg

At nearly 300MM:

031zoomedtoaround250.jpg

I was pleased with the results.

A few more shots from the train station:

032pretty.jpg

033mainst.jpg

We walked down Main Street for just a few minutes.

035balloons.jpg

037band.jpg

We had our first Photopass picture made, and, dang it, I forgot to turn on my flash when he used my camera.

036forgottheflash.jpg

We headed back to the fort and eagerly awaited the arrival of M/E and the kids.

038ferry.jpg

039oldboat.jpg

040birds.jpg

We distributed the MagicBands and had GAG for dinner.  After just getting two hours of sleep the night before, I crashed really early.

Hi Gwen,  I am enjoying your TR.  Lovely pics.  So glad you got to spend this magical time with your beautiful family.  I am looking forward to seeing more.  We leave for WDW Sat. after Thanksgiving.  Not at the Fort this time, but at DVC Boardwalk.  We are surely going over though to visit our friends.  We definitely need a Fort fix.  Our friends are staying in the cabins, so we definitely will not miss out on seeing for Fort.  Sorry we missed you this year.

Nice job getting in even a tiny bit of MK time to just yourselves.

The calm before the storm ...  :rofl2:

Hi Gwen,  I am enjoying your TR.  Lovely pics.  So glad you got to spend this magical time with your beautiful family.  I am looking forward to seeing more.  We leave for WDW Sat. after Thanksgiving.  Not at the Fort this time, but at DVC Boardwalk.  We are surely going over though to visit our friends.  We definitely need a Fort fix.  Our friends are staying in the cabins, so we definitely will not miss out on seeing for Fort.  Sorry we missed you this year.

Hey, Mikmouse!  So glad you're here!  Would love to see you again.  Hope you have a great trip!

You may have gotten the last photos of the MK before the Christmas decorations went up.

TCD

I'm not sure when they went up.  We didn't go back to MK until 11/8, and they were up then.

But last year I took a photo of the DHS tree on 11/4, and this year we never saw it.

We did see the AK tree and a few decorations in EPCOT.

It seemed like the decorations were much later going up this year.  We didn't even see any decorations at the fort.

Monday, November 4 - Who has the First Meltdown?

Despite the anticipated crowds, we were all determined to go to MK. 

I think Red was sleepy.

001sleepyJosiahonpier.jpg

002Josiahcloseup.jpg

Diva certainly dressed up for the occasion!

003Diva.jpg

004Group.jpg

First up was Buzz Lightyear. 

005Buzz.jpg

006Buzz2.jpg

Then Space Mountain for M/E and the big kids.  Einstein and Diva loved it!

While they were on SM we rode the PeopleMover with the little ones.

009Redonwedway.jpg

008Miracleloveswedway.jpg

Then we experienced our first meltdown, and it wasn’t by Red.  It was our happy-go-lucky Miracle!

010Meltown1.jpg

He was angry that we couldn’t go ride the Barnstormer right then!  He boohooed for at least 10 minutes.

011Meltdown2.jpg

012Meltdown3.jpg

Meanwhile we didn't realize Red was busy pulling the plants up.  We have a new landscaper in the family.  Guess he thought Disney was planting something ugly.

013Uprootingplants.jpg

Then it was time for a spin on the speedway:

014speedway01.jpg

015speedway02.jpg

Einstein had on his birthday button and received some pixie dust.  The attendant put a huge “It’s my Birthday” sign on the back of his car.  Einstein drove the first lap, then they switched drivers and Diva drove the second lap.

016speedway03.jpg

Then we made our way into New Fantasyland in search of the Barnstormer.

019train.jpg

020splash.jpg

017Barnstormer01.jpg

I love this next pic.  It's Miracle holding his little hands up.  He loved it!

018Barnstormer02.jpg

Dumbo was next.  Don't you just love people walking into your pics?

021photobomb.jpg

The details on Dumbo are incredible!  I was trying to get artsy:

022details1.jpg

023details2.jpg

024details3.jpg

Red having a great time:

025Redondumbo.jpg

We started walking in the direction of our lunch destination.

026Band.jpg

027construction.jpg

No,not here:

a2652f50-bdc8-4060-9d85-b725c6645e60.jpg

029PrinceEric.jpg

Continued in next post.

Annie, with the pace of the week, including no nap breaks, I'm surprised we didn't have even more meltdowns than we did.  M/E hadn't been to WDW in 4 years and knew it would be at least 3 more before they go again, so they pushed those kids morning to night.  David and I couldn't keep up with them.

Your grandchildren are adorable, Gwen.

I hate seeing kids have melt-downs at WDW.  But it happens.  I learned early on to not push the kids and to go with the flow.  It's much more fun that way.  I'd rather do less and everybody have a good time, than be constantly on the go and have kids melting down.  I certainly understand parents who feel compelled to get it all done.  I'm glad we lived close by and never needed to go at that pace.

I loved the photos you took of the details on Dumbo.  I have never noticed the small murals painted at the base of the ride, which I see depict scenes from the movie.  That's pretty cool.

I am wondering where you went for lunch?  You passed Be Our Guest.  So, it am guessing somewhere in Frontierland?

TCD