Lawnmower Tree.. officially all gone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to boycott until we go back. 

With the continuing loss of amenities and the rising prices I think Pocaanus is more appropriate.

If it does end up for sale, it won't be purchased by any of the experts over at Voldy.  It appears that they do not believe the tree is actually gone.   :rofl3:

Oh man, while we all knew this day was coming, that is really tragic to hear.  Even though we all lament the loss of River Country, the railroad, etc....those were all things that were built during or after the construction of the Fort.  But the lawnmower tree pre-dated the Fort.  And we always hoped that Walt himself may have seen it.  

Very sad day.  

I know some of you have been going to the Fort longer than I, but here is my list of things gone missing at the Fort since I started going in the early 80's.

River Country - gone

Swamp trail - gone

Kennel - gone

Peacocks - gone

Petting zoo - gone

Lawnmower tree/stump - gone

Caliope - gone

Fitness trail - gone

Minnie Moo - gone, but not Disney's fault

So a lot of the unique features that made the Fort what it was, are now history. The prices have gone up, and they have increased the amount of concrete at the expense of vegetation, and there are some nifty new grills that I have never seen anyone use, and I had a newer picnic table but somebody hit it with their 5er and smashed it up. Self serve refillable mugs at Trails End was an improvement, but I'd trade all of that for even half of what is on my list to return.

I know some of you have been going to the Fort longer than I, but here is my list of things gone missing at the Fort since I started going in the early 80's.

River Country - gone

Swamp trail - gone

Kennel - gone

Peacocks - gone

Petting zoo - gone

Caliope - gone

Fitness trail - gone

So a lot of the unique features that made the Fort what it was, are now history. The prices have gone up, and they have increased the amount of concrete at the

Let me add to your list

Deli -gone

Looping food truck-gone

Looping Icecream wagon- gone

Great food at trails end -gone

Make your own pizza night-gone

Live entertainment at Trails end-gone

Low price camp sites-gone

I saw it leaving in the bucket of a front loader. The fort hired an outside contractor to do the dirty work...

Do you think it's possible that those dolts that run the place hired a contractor to remove the stump with no regard for even trying to save the old mower pieces?  It's possible the mower was removed and will be tossed into a landfill by the tree contractor, with no regard for its history.

Do you think it's possible that those dolts that run the place hired a contractor to remove the stump with no regard for even trying to save the old mower pieces?  It's possible the mower was removed and will be tossed into a landfill by the tree contractor, with no regard for its history.

That's my guess.

In all fairness I don't think the tree dying is Disney's fault either.

If Disney can take a big ass tree, drive some steel rods through it, dig it up and transport it and replant it and keep it alive at the MK, they could have kept the lawnmower tree alive. Oh yes, it is Disney's fault.

River Country - gone

Swamp trail - gone

Kennel - gone

Peacocks - gone

Petting zoo - gone

Caliope - gone

Fitness trail - gone

So a lot of the unique features that made the Fort what it was, are now history. The prices have gone up, and they have increased the amount of concrete at the expense of vegetation, and there are some nifty new grills that I have never seen anyone use, and I had a newer picnic table but somebody hit it with their 5er and smashed it up. Self serve refillable mugs at Trails End was an improvement, but I'd trade all of that for even half of what is on my list to return.

Train

Trams. Way better than busses

Breakfast truck

Full serve delis at meadow and settlement stores

Large grocery selection and fresh meats and veggies at meadow

War canoe excursion

Marshmallow marsh

Less obnoxious campers

Forgot these

Swimming in Bay Lake. There was a large beach and swimming area to the right of the boat dock

Those goofy water paddle crafts, the little pontoon boats and those big wheeled tricycle things. Neither are a great loss, you pedaled like crazy and never got anywhere.

Years ago we would drive over to Orlando for the day and go to the malls. Then we would stop at the Fort, go to the deli and get sandwiches and drinks for supper, and eat on the beach while the kids went swimming. Used to be able to get a bottle of beer for a $1.25.