Lawnmower Tree.. officially all gone

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to boycott until we go back. 

With the continuing loss of amenities and the rising prices I think Pocaanus is more appropriate.

If it does end up for sale, it won't be purchased by any of the experts over at Voldy.  It appears that they do not believe the tree is actually gone.   :rofl3:

Leaned my lawnmower against the tree in my backyard. So far, nothing.

According to the old sign, Billy Bowlegs picked a warm and sunny day and a real fast grower.

TCD

That is true.  I wonder where that sign is today?  Could you imagine the nice little display they could set up with the old sign and mower parts?  Maybe even add in some RC memorabilia, an old RR crossing sign and stuff like that?  It would look real nice in the lobby of the Fort DVC if they ever build it.  They could charge us common folk admission to see it. 

That is true.  I wonder where that sign is today?  Could you imagine the nice little display they could set up with the old sign and mower parts?  Maybe even add in some RC memorabilia, an old RR crossing sign and stuff like that?  It would look real nice in the lobby of the Fort DVC if they ever build it.  They could charge us common folk admission to see it. 

That is actually an excellent idea.  Except the charging admission part.

What would be wrong with a display about the old Railroad, River Country, Discovery Island and the Lawnmower Tree?

TCD

I always thought that the Fort would have been a prime candidate for a Toy Story/Woody's Roundup makeover with Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, and Stinky Pete the Prospector. If it was based on Woody's Roundup, you wouldn't have to bring in the whole Toy Story cast, just the crew from Woody's old show.

Maybe Jessie's not sexy enough to put out there as a princess.

Or, perhaps they're just biding their time before they bulldoze the whole thing and put up another lakeside Deluxe resort. It's not like them to have that type of real estate that nets say $100 or so per night per site, when in the same spot could be a stack of rooms that brings in $300 per room x 5 stories. We could math ourselves right out of a campground!

They keep taking stuff away and putting nothing back, makes you wonder what the Fort will look like a decade from now!

That is actually an excellent idea. Except the charging admission part.

What would be wrong with a display about the old Railroad, River Country, Discovery Island and the Lawnmower Tree?

TCD

What would be wrong is that they would have the college intern do the research and it would be as accurate as the Dragon Calliope blog.

My wife says I better use that mower to cut the damn grass, and she doesn't give a crap if a tree is growing around it or not.

• 1 month later...