Another Auld Lang Syne: The TCD Gang Rings in 2014 @ The Fort!

Congratulations on being the family of the day!

So there will be photos of this in your trip report?

Yay!

The only problem I see is you haven't started your TR yet.

No pressure.

That is a great photo!

I'm sure the boys won't admit it, but they actually look like they're enjoying themselves.  Even though the whole thing is totally lame.  Totally.

Your photo shows that old blown-up photo that they had in that window there on the porch forever.  I noticed it's gone now too.

Was it still light out when you took this photo?  It's so bright!

Hmmmm.

I wonder what that was all about?

The truck says Reedy Creek Energy Services.

I'm guessing a new lightpole.

TCD

Yes, I remembered from our Spring Break trip that C&D would come out earlier than they used to on weeknights, so we went over around 5:30 and were 2nd in line!

You're probably right…..another megawatt light they'll leave on all night like the one you had!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay another report!   War Eagle!!!    I have never seen the garland in person so bummer.  But it also irks me a little that it blocks the view of the castle.   I was in the night time parade when I wa

OOPS....My bad it's a case of fat fingers on an 8" screen... Didn't see it until you mentioned it. That is one thing that we need is a way to correct those.

The CM with Hullahoop is Barbara. She is a legend among anyone who has worked MS. She is Walt reincarnated as a woman. She is a blast to work with and always has a smile on her face and dances around.

Yes, I remembered from our Spring Break trip that C&D would come out earlier than they used to on weeknights, so we went over around 5:30 and were 2nd in line!

You're probably right…..another megawatt light they'll leave on all night like the one you had!

I didn't know C & D came out early for photos- that could be some useful information for anyone looking for a photo of them both together.  That is one thing that I didn't like about how they would walk through the audience at the sing-a-long.  You would only get to meet one, as they each stuck to one side.  And, getting a decent photo was difficult, as they would be mobbed.

I am finally recovered enough from WWW to catch up on this TR.  Sorry I didn't get to meet you while you wree at the Fort, but Nicki and I were quarantined in our camper.

Glad that you're back and recovered.

Sorry to hear that you and Nicki were quarantined.  I originally had hoped to make a surprise appearance at the WWW sites, but our day didn't go as planned.

I am about to tell about it in the bonus features, which are coming right up.

TCD

Bonus feature time.

I don't have a lot of bonus material, but I'll do my best with what I have.

As stated above, our New Year's Eve trip ended on January 2nd, which was a Thursday.

The girls all had school starting back up the next week.  They all headed back over the weekend.  I made a trip up to Gainesville to attend a special orientation meeting for the program that Twin #1 is in there.

Then the TCD nest was empty again.

We didn't know when we would see any of the girls again.  They were all happy to be going back to school, and they would all soon be busy with their friends and activities there.

I didn't know that they all had a three day weekend coming up for MLK day.  Twin #2 actually had a four-day weekend.  She decided to come home, and asked if we could take a day trip over to WDW.  She knew what I would say to that.  She invited Twin #1, and before I knew it, they were back home again for a long weekend.

We could have gone on either Saturday or Sunday.  The weather report for Saturday looked better, so we picked Saturday.

I wanted to get up early and hit a rope drop at one of the parks.  But, it was supposed to be really cold in the morning, and the twins vetoed that plan.

Plan B was to head over around 10:00, and use FP+ at the MK to enjoy 3 attractions, get some lunch, and then maybe see Fantasmic or another one of the nighttime shows before heading home.

So, we made our FP+ reservations for the early afternoon at MK- we picked Big Thunder, Space, and the Haunted Mansion.  The return times would begin at 1 pm and finish at 4:35.

We stuck with the plan and left home a little before 10 am.  It was a cold morning by our standards, but it was clear and sunny- not a cloud in the sky.

We encountered no traffic on the way over, and were cruising onto WDW property by around 11:15.

The girls napped on the way over, and didn't wake up until I was pulling in to the DHS parking lot.

Pulling in to the DHS parking lot was not part of the plan.  At least not the plan that we had discussed and agreed on.  The DHS part was something that I thought of on my own.  I decided the night before that if the circumstances were right, I would stop by there before we went to the MK so we could visit an old friend and say goodbye.  I didn't discuss this ahead of time with the twins, because they probably would have vetoed this idea as another one of my harebrained schemes. 

But, they were asleep, and couldn't object, and here we were.

Here's how things were at DHS at 11:30 am:

001_zps48863059.jpg

Uh, that's not very good.

Wait- it doesn't have a return time for TOT- maybe that won't be bad.

It was:

002_zpsa1edff30.jpg

The girls weren't happy with me.

This was dumb, they thought.

I told them to look around in the gift shop while I went to see if I could find our old friend.

I took a quick look around.

I stopped for a moment to enjoy some theming that I had never really paid attention to before. These props all stand outside the Tower or Terror ride:

003_zps4da258f0.jpg

004_zpsf483e6af.jpg

005_zpsc4de50d4.jpg

006_zpsbedea82f.jpg

This is in a little area that is concealed behind the TOT FP machines.  I can't say I've ever noticed any of this before.  I guess these are supposed to be the tools used by the gardener to maintain the gardens that you walk through on the way in to the attraction.  It's amazing that there are so many details all over the WDW parks that many guests, me included, walk by and never notice.

Anyway, my visit to DHS didn't go quite as planned, but I knew that we would be heading back here later, so I left my car in the parking lot, and we hopped to the MK.

There is now a direct bus from DHS to the MK, but as we were heading to the bus stop, a WL bus was pulling in, and we hopped on it instead.

That meant we had to grab the WL boat to get to the MK, but that was fine.  It was a beautiful day.

Here we are pulling up to the MK.  Not a cloud in the sky.  But the boat window was a little smudged:

007_zps18d6e4cc.jpg

The girls weren't too thrilled with that DHS detour.  But, I was glad that we stopped there for two reasons.  One, I'll tell you about in the next update.

The other I'll tell you about now.

Our delay in arriving at the MK allowed us to enter right behind this family:

008_zpsed46934a.jpg

Twin #2 saw me take this photo, and was mad at me.

But, look at it.

That's one on of the best photos I have ever taken at WDW.

Do you think that the mom and dad put on each other's pants by mistake?

TCD

Our delay in arriving at the MK allowed us to enter right behind this family:

008_zpsed46934a.jpg

But, look at it.

TCD

He's carrying the purse.  She looks like her pants are on inside out.  Isn't that white spot on her behind a label?

At least each of them is color coordinated!

Old friend? Hmmm....

Sloppy pants people.......i could never pull that look off.

Not that i'd want to

Yeah, old friend.

We said a final farewell to an old friend on this trip.  I'll explain that in the next update.

Oh Man I am still rolling from that picture!  WOW! I think she stole some of that poor guys behind. lol 

Seriously, that photo still makes me laugh every time I look at it too.

He's carrying the purse.  She looks like her pants are on inside out.  Isn't that white spot on her behind a label?

At least each of them is color coordinated!

No, her pants were not on inside out. That fabric was stretched so thin that you can see the tag.  If you dare, take a look at the photographic evidence below.

And, you're right-that is a purse.  I missed that.

Sorry, I have to break in again, is he carrying a purse?

Indeed he is!  I missed that.

I hate to do this, but let's take a closer look.  I need to show Gwen that the tag is on the inside.  Also, that's definitely a purse that the gentleman is wearing.  He also has a gray MagicBand and a Rapid Fill mug:

mainstreet_zps6429680f.jpg

Needless to say, these folks are not from this land.

Fuego,

TCD

But, look at it.

TCD

I finally jump into the TR in time for the bonus features and this is what I get.  OY!

I will not agree that is the BEST pic you've ever taken at WDW but it is something to behold.  Definitey something.:facepalm:  :))

Just catching up here TCD.....so.....page 16 bragging rights.  Whatever.

Nice TR as always.  You are the King.

A comment on the abomination.  That building.....with the path surrounded by palms leading up to it.......that is where the rich people will be worshipping satan. 

Also....if curvy blondes want to wear tight pants so that you can see every detail of their backsides, who are we to judge?  Or complain. 

Carry on.

I finally jump into the TR in time for the bonus features and this is what I get.  OY!

I will not agree that is the BEST pic you've ever taken at WDW but it is something to behold.  Definitey something. :facepalm:   :))

Hooray!  KFK is in da house!

Glad you could make it.

I'm sorry about that photo.

Twin #2 is still mad that I took it.

But, as I told her, I had to.

How could I let that just walk on by?

Just catching up here TCD.....so.....page 16 bragging rights.  Whatever.

Nice TR as always.  You are the King.

A comment on the abomination.  That building.....with the path surrounded by palms leading up to it.......that is where the rich people will be worshipping satan. 

Also....if curvy blondes want to wear tight pants so that you can see every detail of their backsides, who are we to judge?  Or complain. 

Carry on.

What What?

BFF?

No Way!

It's good to see a BFF post!

As usual, you are spot-on.

About the curvy lady.  What about that hair though? That can't be real.

LOL about the rich people worshiping Satan.  You know, it does resemble a Mayan pyramid.  Maybe that is going to be a place where the people not from this land can offer up sacrifices and such.

So, does a post from you mean that you're getting ready to drive south?

A little tune by Sir Mixalot comes to mind……..oy.  

Thanks a lot.

That little tune did not come to my mind.

But, now it has.

I'll get you for this!

I'm cracking up! Seriously! 

"cracking up"

I get it!

A pun!

Very good!

I am not going to click on that link!

I think I know what it's for, and I don't want to see it.

TCD

Thanks a lot.

That little tune did not come to my mind.

But, now it has.

I'll get you for this!

You'll get me for this?

As in get me back?

As in baby got back?

hahaha you are welcome for the ear worm.  I know you clicked on that link.

You'll get me for this?

As in get me back?

As in baby got back?

I picture TCD wearing his Capts hat dancing around the room singing the song.

You'll get me for this?

As in get me back?

As in baby got back?

Very funny.

OK, I clicked it.

That is a good song, I cannot lie.

I picture TCD wearing his Capts hat dancing around the room singing the song.

Hey, that reminds me.  Where is my captain's hat?  I think Mrs. TCD must have hidden it.

TCD

Hooray!  KFK is in da house!

Glad you could make it.

I'm sorry about that photo.

Twin #2 is still mad that I took it.

But, as I told her, I had to.

How could I let that just walk on by?

I am glad I made it too.  Darn that thing called life that prevents me from living on FF's !!! ARGHHH!

No apology necassary.  (see what I did there?)   :))  H will be so ashamed of me.  :rolleyes:

Twin 2 will be ok in time.  It did have to be done.  Heck, I probably would have done the same and I am not even a man.  It was just plain funny.

You couldn't.  No way.