Another Auld Lang Syne: The TCD Gang Rings in 2014 @ The Fort!

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay another report!   War Eagle!!!    I have never seen the garland in person so bummer.  But it also irks me a little that it blocks the view of the castle.   I was in the night time parade when I wa

OOPS....My bad it's a case of fat fingers on an 8" screen... Didn't see it until you mentioned it. That is one thing that we need is a way to correct those.

The CM with Hullahoop is Barbara. She is a legend among anyone who has worked MS. She is Walt reincarnated as a woman. She is a blast to work with and always has a smile on her face and dances around.

Just to be clear the sewage down the middle of the road was from horses not people. 

Oh horse poop.

Totally understandable.

Like that makes it any better?

So where did the people poop go?

Wait.

Don't answer that.

They told us on the tour it was from people throwing it out their windows!

I've heard that sort of thing.

So, you had to hope that the poop throwers had good aim.  They needed to get it out to the middle of the street.

Am I allowed to pee in the middle of Liberty Square?

Sure.

Why not?

It's Disney World.

Where all your dreams come true.

Based on my latest experiences, it appears that you can do whatever you want.  Who cares?  You're on vacation.  Plus you paid a lot of money to get in.  Nobody can tell you what to do.

Just coming from a former history teacher.  It was in fact from horses, people whatever.  There were no sewage lines then.  And they couldn't keep up with the growth to even attempt it at first.  There were trenches and it would flow openly usually beside the streets.  Sort of like sewage lines but above the ground and open.  Trash was everywhere too, glad they didn't include that.   :)

Very interesting.

As I have shared before, I had the pleasure of growing up in New Jersey, on the other side of the Delaware river from Philadelphia.

Some of you around my age may remember that a very BIG FUSS was made over the celebration of America's bicentennial in 1976. That happened to coincide with my elementary and junior high school education.  So that meant a lot of field trips to Colonial Philadelphia.  Betsy Ross' house, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, you name it.  I took many, many, many walking tours of the area.  And you know what?  Never once did anyone ever mention anything about rivers of poop running down the street.  Trust me, that is something I would remember.  So, maybe they didn't have these poop rivers in Philadelphia?  Maybe it was a Boston thing?  Sounds right to me.

Please fast forward to the dirndl.

OK.

BTW, our server's name was Janica.  Pronounced Yanica.  Very Deutsch.  Do you know her?

Wait- where's the fast forward button?

Everyone getting cards needs to start a game in order to get the cards.

Got it.

Thanks.

That may save us a hassle.

Or it may mean we aren't going to be getting new cards very often.

I really haven't paid attention- do you think the game is as popular as it once was?

TCD

The game seems to be very popular now. But that may be because now you HAVE to play to get cards. I stopped getting them because of that. Just short of completing a second set. To much hassle now.

I know what you mean.

Update what you need on that thread here, and I'm sure I can fix you up with what you need for that second set.  I can get 20 cards at a time when all four of us hit the MK.  The cards add up quick.

TCD

TCD, you gonna leave us hanging until Monday for your thoughts on Biergarten?

Well, it's only Thursday.

So there will be at least one update tomorrow.

But, it doesn't look like we are going to make it to Biergarten tomorrow.   Maybe not even Monday.  You know, I take a lot of photos and observe things the average guest overlooks.  I can't skip over that drivel, now can I?  It's my brand.

TCD

There is a Modern Marvles episode on plumbing and it talks about the rivers of poop and how it was killing people.

Oh as of right now we don't have a trip planned for this year. It would be the first time we skipped a year in over 12 years. That said I think I am going to have to plan somthing.

As I have shared before, I had the pleasure of growing up in New Jersey, on the other side of the Delaware river from Philadelphia.

Some of you around my age may remember that a very BIG FUSS was made over the celebration of America's bicentennial in 1976. That happened to coincide with my elementary and junior high school education. So that meant a lot of field trips to Colonial Philadelphia. Betsy Ross' house, Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, you name it. I took many, many, many walking tours of the area. And you know what? Never once did anyone ever mention anything about rivers of poop running down the street. Trust me, that is something I would remember. So, maybe they didn't have these poop rivers in Philadelphia? Maybe it was a Boston thing? Sounds right to me.

TCD

I too remember the bicentennial and on my field trip to the Freedom Trail I don't remember mention of a river of poop flowing through Boston. But maybe it was something they didn't want to advertise.

I think you just want to torture Dave.

Not true.

OK, maybe a little true.

And torture me.

Definitely not true.

Fine.  If you aren't going to do it, I'll take over.   And since this is a family site....I chose something tasteful.   Believe me, it wasn't easy.  

5857506152_604f281c4f_b.jpg

That is a great and tasteful photo.

Somehow I doubt that things are that neat and pretty at a real Oktoberfest.

There is a Modern Marvles episode on plumbing and it talks about the rivers of poop and how it was killing people.

Oh as of right now we don't have a trip planned for this year. It would be the first time we skipped a year in over 12 years. That said I think I am going to have to plan somthing.

If I had to live near a river of poop, I might be glad if it killed me.  Can you imagine the stench?

Isn't your daughter 4 now?  This is no time to skip a year.  You do need to plan something.

I too remember the bicentennial and on my field trip to the Freedom Trail I don't remember mention of a river of poop flowing through Boston. But maybe it was something they didn't want to advertise.

Hmmm.

So where were these rivers of poop?  

TCD

Pressing on- we will get to Biergarten eventually.

But for now, we are enjoying a rainy afternoon in the MK.

We left off with Medium Wendy on Main Street, on our way to Pirates.

As we crossed Main Street, Twin #2 asked if I thought they would perform the rainy day Cavalcade instead of the 3 o'clock parade today.  I said I doubted it- there is no 3 o'clock parade right now as we await the debut of the new parade, so why would there be a rainy day Cavalcade?  She was disappointed, as she has never seen the Cavalcade- only Twin #1 and I have.

We arrived at Pirates to find a huge crowd in the stand-by line:

2613037_zps35899fd5.jpg

I don't understand this, but everywhere we go in the parks now, the stand-by lines are much longer than they ever were under the old FP system.  It doesn't make sense to me, since everyone is limited to three FP+ choices, it seems like there would be less guests in the FP lines.  Well, here at Pirates, there weren't paper FP's.  So, they have one side of the queue dedicated to just FP+ users.  That makes the stand-by line long. 

I've only seen it like this a couple of times before FP+ came along.  Now it always seems to be backed up out here:

2613040_zpsded110bc.jpg

And things didn't get better for the stand-by people once they got inside:

2613041_zps00eb64ef.jpg

Since we had FP+'s, we got to bypass all of that, and we walked non-stop, right to the boat loading area:

2613043_zpsb3263724.jpg

I didn't realize that my oldest daughter hadn't been on Pirates since they added the mermaid effects.  I pointed them out to her.  She wasn't impressed.

I forgot to mention that we had been able to move up our Pirates FP time after we rode the Little Mermaid.  The week before, we had no luck with moving times in the AK.  But, here at the MK, it worked fine.

That meant that we now had about 2 hours before our Space FP+ return time.  We tried to move that up, but no dice.

So, we had some time to kill.

And it was raining.  And the stand-by lines at the good attractions were long. Which is why we ended up here:

2613048_zpsc017db06.jpg

Yup, the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki room.

We hadn't been in there for a while.  The oldest TCD DD hadn't been in since Iago caught fire. 

There was a big construction wall when we entered, and the pre-show area apparently is being worked on.  We had to rush through that as they were giving last call for the show, so I didn't get any construction wall photos.  There wasn't much to see there anyway.

There was no work going on at the building exit:

2613051_zps062c99d4.jpg

But, there was a big project going on over at the gift shops next to Aladdin's Magic Carpets:

2613052_zps3e0f4824.jpg

Man, they have a lot of little construction projects going on around the MK.

After the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, room, we still had time to kill.  And it was still raining.  And a little cold.  Where could we go where we could get under cover and be warm?

HOP?

Yup.

I've been meaning to look at this tree to see if I could see where they drilled holes to lift it into place- but I'm not even sure if this is the right tree, so I just took a photo to look at later.  I don't see any holes:

2613053_zpsa3d3fa88.jpg

Here they are:

2613055_zpsfc3fa2e5.jpg

Sorry, but I like the Hall of Presidents.

I love it when it's hot.  Good AC.

I love it when it's cold.  Warm heat.

I love it when it's raining.  Very dry.

And the seats are comfortable.

And, there's a great message in there.

And robots.

I'd go every time if the girls would let me.

It's not often that we have visited the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Room and the HOP in one visit.  But we did today.

I forgot to mention that we walked into the HOP right as they were seating for the show.  So, no waiting.  And we still had time to kill.

Time to head to Tomorrowland.  We were eventually going to ride Space Mountain, so we would do some things there.  I was thinking Laugh Floor.

As we crossed back over Main Street, we saw people gathering along the street, and we heard music, and then an announcement.  Something was about to happen.

This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTY8P4cUn_E

What The Fort?

It was the rainy day Cavalcade!

Twin #2 was so happy!

This was a total surprise.

After taking that short video, I switched back to camera mode to get a photo of the banner.  I was a little late:

2613058_zpsb0ed4917.jpg

This was different from the rainy day Cavalcade that Twin #1 and I had seen last July.

These were the performers from the Move It Shake It parade.  Here comes Mickey and Minnie in one of the old Main Street Transportation vehicles:

2613059_zpsfd7014b4.jpg

Goofy and Donald were in that car too:

2613060_zpsed5f565a.jpg

I recognized this driver- he gave us a ride in that car once:

2613061_zpscc78cf21.jpg

In the previous rainy day Cavalcade that Twin #1 and I saw, there weren't CM's in rain coats.  Well, there were today-you can see that they have their Move It Shake It costumes on underneath the raincoats:

2613062_zpsf2e1eced.jpg

Frozone was in the back of this car.  He was just sitting there chilln'.  No waving to the crowd:

2613063_zpsd6dc6706.jpg

More dancers in raincoats:

2613064_zps005b04bb.jpg

Another car full of characters- this time it's Woody and Jessie:

2613065_zps40ffb7f8.jpg

Next came the Double Decker bus:

2613067_zps996c12c9.jpg

There's Genie up top:

2613068_zps7466cd13.jpg

Chip, Dale, Pluto and the Mad Hatter are in there too:

2613069_zps17694218.jpg

The Mad Hatter stuck his head out and said something to us- but I have no idea what he was talking about.  That's one strange individual:

2613072_zps1662c288.jpg

It's been a while since I've seen that bus.  They sometimes would have it out for late EMH's at the MK, but I haven't seen it lately.  I wasn't even sure if it was still here.  Well, it is.

The bus was what they call the big finish in show business.  The parade ended after that:

2613073_zpsd5aa4407.jpg

But, it came around the hub to go back down Main Street.  We stepped over for a minute to look.  This lady with a cracked iPad jumped in front of me though:

2613074_zpsee2bb78e.jpg

I got to laugh, though, because she got yelled at by a CM for being in the road.

I wanted to watch the Cavalcade again:

2613075_zps9782ac83.jpg

But the girls wanted to go.

So we did.

Twin #2 hates the Laugh Floor, so she asked if we could go on the Peoplemover instead.  We all like that, so that's what we did:

2613077_zpsd8675a67.jpg

And it's a good thing we did.  I didn't know it at the time, but the Peoplemover just shut down as of February 10 for refurbishment.  It's going to be closed until March 28.

Remember those fake palm trees that we discussed way back somewhere earlier in this thread?

Here they are again:

2613078_zps7a7197f6.jpg

And look, there's one that's folded up:

2613079_zpseed453cc.jpg

As we rode around I noticed something that I hadn't ever noticed before;  You can see the Wilderness Lodge from the Peoplemover.  Just the green roof.  But you can see it.  I tried to get a photo, but I was too slow.  I'll have to try again another time:

2613080_zps19badb13.jpg

You know how I said all the stand-by lines seem long now?  There's the Buzz stand-by line.  It's long:

2613081_zps99c05bab.jpg

I have a few more photos to show you from up here on the Peoplemover. One of them shows something that was being done behind a construction wall.  But they will have to wait until the next update.  Because, we have reached the photo limit. 

TCD

I remember this day. You should have watched the rainy day cavalcade again. There were some stowaways on it. I was backstage when they were stepping off and at the last minute, Mary Poppins and the penguin jumped on the bus.  

You can kind of see the penguin in the first and second photo of the bus. All of the other characters are from the move it shake it, but Mary isn't. She just wanted a ride.  

Tiki Room....HOP.....Peoplemover.....if you had ridden COP too it would be a perfect afternoon for me. 

Hold your horses.

Who says we didn't ride COP?

I remember this day. You should have watched the rainy day cavalcade again. There were some stowaways on it. I was backstage when they were stepping off and at the last minute, Mary Poppins and the penguin jumped on the bus.  

You can kind of see the penguin in the first and second photo of the bus. All of the other characters are from the move it shake it, but Mary isn't. She just wanted a ride.  

This was not even a week ago- it was Saturday February 8th,. 

I have some more photos showing who was downstairs.  There's definitely a penguin, but I don't see Mary:

cavalcadebus_zps13bf9303.jpg

2613070_zpsfc959337.jpg

I didn't realize you might be there during the day- its seems like you've always been working nights when we have been there lately.  Next time, I'll text you to see if you're around.

TCD

You never know where Ill pop up.

That's the truth!

Longer stand-by lines was something predicted by many fiends in discussions about FP+.

I am sad to see those predictions have come true.

We have never seen lines like that in February. 

That SMFMMB. 

I'm afraid to ask, but SMFMMB?

I think I know what the first and last two letters stand for.  It's the other three that worry me.

Oh, and our family loves HOP and AA.  Don't apologize.

Likewise,  I don't know what AA is.

But, I'm not sure if I want to ask.

TCD

It's the Tomorrowland attraction for attorneys....Astro Arbiter. 

LOL. 

Its a meeting Fiends go to to seek help..........usually held in a community center or old gym.

Good one.  And true.  But I was pretty sure that's not the AA that Aaron meant his family loved.

AA= American Adventure

SMFMMB=Sucks Major Fother Mudging Monkey Butt

Of course.  I wasn't thinking about Epcot.

That second one I'm going to let you keep to yourself.

TCD