Another Auld Lang Syne: The TCD Gang Rings in 2014 @ The Fort!

I’ve been reading along but keep getting interrupted when I’m ready to comment.

Not sure if I answered your question about guessing Capt. Cook’s. I guessed it because I remembered one of the twins loves the noodle bowl. I do too! And you hadn’t posted about it recently. PS- You still haven’t tried the turkey sandwich at the Contempo Café either. Get busy.

I love the quote on the statue too. So true for myself growing up and as a parent.

You know what, I kind of miss Big Wendy. Medium Wendy doesn’t have a sketch book. I think you need to go to the new Peter Pan meet and greet and see if having the real Wendy with Peter is keeping the freaks away.

And how can people plan things without checking football schedules? I’m confused.

If my TR inspired Biergarten, I hope you liked it! I was a huge skeptic going in, so I’m guessing you did.

It makes sense to me that the attractions that didn’t have FP would have longer waits with FP+, but I’m surprised it’s all attractions because I would think a ride that did have FP+ gives out less FP+ than they did the traditional FP. Maybe not though.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yay another report!   War Eagle!!!    I have never seen the garland in person so bummer.  But it also irks me a little that it blocks the view of the castle.   I was in the night time parade when I wa

OOPS....My bad it's a case of fat fingers on an 8" screen... Didn't see it until you mentioned it. That is one thing that we need is a way to correct those.

The CM with Hullahoop is Barbara. She is a legend among anyone who has worked MS. She is Walt reincarnated as a woman. She is a blast to work with and always has a smile on her face and dances around.

I’ve been reading along but keep getting interrupted when I’m ready to comment.

Not sure if I answered your question about guessing Capt. Cook’s. I guessed it because I remembered one of the twins loves the noodle bowl. I do too! And you hadn’t posted about it recently. PS- You still haven’t tried the turkey sandwich at the Contempo Café either. Get busy.

I love the quote on the statue too. So true for myself growing up and as a parent.

You know what, I kind of miss Big Wendy. Medium Wendy doesn’t have a sketch book. I think you need to go to the new Peter Pan meet and greet and see if having the real Wendy with Peter is keeping the freaks away.

And how can people plan things without checking football schedules? I’m confused.

If my TR inspired Biergarten, I hope you liked it! I was a huge skeptic going in, so I’m guessing you did.

It makes sense to me that the attractions that didn’t have FP would have longer waits with FP+, but I’m surprised it’s all attractions because I would think a ride that did have FP+ gives out less FP+ than they did the traditional FP. Maybe not though.

I will be going for that Contempo Café sandwich soon.  Probably next trip.

We all believe that BW was a College Program CM, and that she has now returned to wherever she came from.  I'm sure Peter is sad.  No more dragon sketches. Medium Wendy had the doll and the hat, but that's it.  Not even close.

Yes, your TR was the inspiration for my visit to Biergarten.  I was not a skeptic at all.  If DIT says something is good, then it's good.  Plus you mentioned the pretzel rolls and cheese soup, which I did not see mentioned on the abbreviated list that of buffet items Disney puts on their website.  With beer, pretzel rolls and cheese soup alone, I would have been happy.  It turns out there was much more that I liked.

I think they are constantly tinkering with how many FP+'s are being distributed and the return times while this testing is going on.  All of those poor saps stuck in those lines are paying to be Disney's guinea pigs.  What a beautiful thing that is for Disney.  At some point, I believe things will settle down and even out.  But, a lot of times it's a mess lately.

TCD

I will be going for that Contempo Café sandwich soon.  Probably next trip.

We all believe that BW was a College Program CM, and that she has now returned to wherever she came from.  I'm sure Peter is sad.  No more dragon sketches. Medium Wendy had the doll and the hat, but that's it.  Not even close.

Yes, your TR was the inspiration for my visit to Biergarten.  I was not a skeptic at all.  If DIT says something is good, then it's good.  Plus you mentioned the pretzel rolls and cheese soup, which I did not see mentioned on the abbreviated list that of buffet items Disney puts on their website.  With beer, pretzel rolls and cheese soup alone, I would have been happy.  It turns out there was much more that I liked.

I think they are constantly tinkering with how many FP+'s are being distributed and the return times while this testing is going on.  All of those poor saps stuck in those lines are paying to be Disney's guinea pigs.  What a beautiful thing that is for Disney.  At some point, I believe things will settle down and even out.  But, a lot of times it's a mess lately.

TCD

Oh good, you liked Biergarten. You will like the sandwich too.

I think you're right about the FP+ tinkering. I'm not sure all the glitches are real glitches. I think they're trying to see how they can fix things (like the tiering even). Who knows! I still think adding some interesting character meets to the FP+ choices would help the situation in DHS and Epcot. Why not add a permanent Star Wars meet? And why not FP+ the Frozen ladies?

Oh good, you liked Biergarten. You will like the sandwich too.

I think you're right about the FP+ tinkering. I'm not sure all the glitches are real glitches. I think they're trying to see how they can fix things (like the tiering even). Who knows! I still think adding some interesting character meets to the FP+ choices would help the situation in DHS and Epcot. Why not add a permanent Star Wars meet? And why not FP+ the Frozen ladies?

I'm sure I will like that sandwich.  It sounds great.  It's just hard to get Twin #2 to agree to go to another quick serve on the resort monorail line.

Those are good ideas about FP+'s- they definitely need some more at Epcot.

Drats.  I can't see the first half of your pictures.  Dang computer is acting up.  Maybe it's because schools are out and there are so many people on the internet.

Glad to hear you liked Biergarten.  What did the girls think?

Well, I hope you get to see the rest of the photos.

The girls loved Biergarten too.  We all did.  But, I did have one very big problem with it, and that will be a reason we won't be visiting there often.

TCD

Well, it's Friday afternoon, and I'm sorry to say there won't be another TR update here today.  And, if you follow TCD TR's you know there won't be another update until Monday.

Also, this one has been fun, but it has run its course.  I will run out of bonus photos next week, and then this report will end.

Do not despair, though.

There are plenty of other good trip reports here for you to enjoy.

And, I wish you would.

My good friend the Troll recently said that I was the Wal-Mart of Trip Reports.  Ouch.  That hurts.  I don't want to be the Wal-Mart of TR's.  And, it wouldn't be good for this site to have a Wal-Mart of TR's.

Troll wants more people to read his current TR.  He was trying to set a record for views.  Or at least maybe crack in to the top ten of most viewed TR's.  It would help if he would post more, but he's a Troll, so he does things his way.  Anyway, if you haven't read his most recent TR, you can find it here:

The Trolls Return to the Fort  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11127-the-trolls-return-to-the-fort/

Read that thing.  Post on it.  Tell Troll to post more. 

And, if you are looking for some other good reports, there are several currently under way- give them a read too:

“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12038-“i-can’t-see-through-the-windshield”-the-gadawgfans-battle-mother-nature-for-a-long-weekend-at-the-fort/

AC's December 2013 Fortin' Around At Christmas Trip Report http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12081-acs-december-2013-fortin-around-at-christmas-trip-report/

Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!! http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11265-best-trip-ever-but-rain-rain-go-away/

Here's one more that deserves a read:

Runner's years long trip to The Dopey ... and beyond! http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11947-runners-years-long-trip-to-the-dopey-and-beyond/

So, if you get bored over the weekend, get started reading one of those reports.  And take the time to post a comment.  Trip Reports take a bit of work, and it's nice to get feedback.  We need to encourage trip report writers around here.  We don't want to be like some other sites, where TR;'s are so rare that they all go ape when someone tries to write one.

Thanks.

TCD

Well, it's Friday afternoon, and I'm sorry to say there won't be another TR update here today.  And, if you follow TCD TR's you know there won't be another update until Monday.

I know, but it's still painful.

My good friend the Troll recently said that I was the Wal-Mart of Trip Reports.  Ouch.  That hurts.  I don't want to be the Wal-Mart of TR's.  And, it wouldn't be good for this site to have a Wal-Mart of TR's.

No, you aren't the Wal-Mart of TRs.  You are the KING of TRs!

Troll wants more people to read his current TR.  He was trying to set a record for views.  Or at least maybe crack in to the top ten of most viewed TR's.

Heck, I'd just like to crack the top 20!

Trip Reports take a bit of work, and it's nice to get feedback.  We need to encourage trip report writers around here.  We don't want to be like some other sites, where TR;'s are so rare that they all go ape when someone tries to write one.

Yes, it's so nice to get feedback!  I love it!  I think on our next three week trip to the fort I won't even bother.  That's based on the feedback from my last TR.  And a BIT of work?  They are a LOT of work!  People don't give you enough credit for all your hard work!

Also, this one has been fun, but it has run its course.  I will run out of bonus photos next week, and then this report will end.

Do not despair, though.

There are plenty of other good trip reports here for you to enjoy.

And, I wish you would.

Troll wants more people to read his current TR.  He was trying to set a record for views.  Or at least maybe crack in to the top ten of most viewed TR's.  It would help if he would post more, but he's a Troll, so he does things his way.  Anyway, if you haven't read his most recent TR, you can find it here:

The Trolls Return to the Fort  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11127-the-trolls-return-to-the-fort/

Read that thing.  Post on it.  Tell Troll to post more. 

And, if you are looking for some other good reports, there are several currently under way- give them a read too:

“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12038-“i-can’t-see-through-the-windshield”-the-gadawgfans-battle-mother-nature-for-a-long-weekend-at-the-fort/

AC's December 2013 Fortin' Around At Christmas Trip Report http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/12081-acs-december-2013-fortin-around-at-christmas-trip-report/

Best Trip Ever, but Rain, Rain, Go Away!! http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11265-best-trip-ever-but-rain-rain-go-away/

Here's one more that deserves a read:

Runner's years long trip to The Dopey ... and beyond! http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/11947-runners-years-long-trip-to-the-dopey-and-beyond/

So, if you get bored over the weekend, get started reading one of those reports.  And take the time to post a comment.  Trip Reports take a bit of work, and it's nice to get feedback.  We need to encourage trip report writers around here.  We don't want to be like some other sites, where TR;'s are so rare that they all go ape when someone tries to write one.

Thanks.

TCD

Thanks for the shout out! :) You are right.... they're a lot of work! 

I know, but it's still painful.

No, you aren't the Wal-Mart of TRs.  You are the KING of TRs!

Troll wants more people to read his current TR.  He was trying to set a record for views.  Or at least maybe crack in to the top ten of most viewed TR's.

Heck, I'd just like to crack the top 20!

Trip Reports take a bit of work, and it's nice to get feedback.  We need to encourage trip report writers around here.  We don't want to be like some other sites, where TR;'s are so rare that they all go ape when someone tries to write one.

Yes, it's so nice to get feedback!  I love it!  I think on our next three week trip to the fort I won't even bother.  That's based on the feedback from my last TR.  And a BIT of work?  They are a LOT of work!  People don't give you enough credit for all your hard work!

For what it's worth, I LOVED your report! 

Your intestines will acclimate to it.  Next time, maybe try this. 

immd.jpg

:rofl2:  :rofl2:  :rofl2:

I love ALL your trip reports, and everyone else's and hope to do one soon.  I am shooting for our next trip. I am going to hire Gwen to take my pictures, and You TCD to take my notes and ad wit. I am completely boring I am afraid.  I have checked back on Trolls report a couple times and I did not see anything new and I would never nag someone to keep it moving when I can't even do my own TR.  I also do not understand the Wal Mart reference....?

Well when you can only have 3 fast passes per day there is not much choice else to do but stand by line or quit riding. Which really sucks. I knew this past November trip was going to be the last multiple rides on all attractions trip. Which is one reason I haven't really gotten very excited about going this year. Now paper fast passes plus fast pass plus was pretty nice.

Gwen, I hope that you will reconsider.  I have enjoyed all of your trip reports, and others have as well.

This site needs more trip report writers.

If there are lurkers reading along, please consider joining and posting on some of the trip reports that are currently underway- it means a lot to those writing them to hear that there are folks reading along and enjoying what they're reading.  The lack of feedback can be discouraging.

Speaking of which, somebody needs to post on The Trolls' trip report and ask him to get posting.

Your intestines will acclimate to it.  Next time, maybe try this. 

immd.jpg

Nope.  That wasn't it at all.  The food was great.  But, there's a big issue that I had there that isn't making me want to hurry back.

Thanks for the shout out! :) You are right.... they're a lot of work! 

No problem.  I would love to see more trip reports and more comments on the existing trip reports.

Come on, lurkers!

Time for someone to step up and make that first post!

I loved your report too Gwen!

You see, Gwen?

Don't you dare quit.

I love ALL your trip reports, and everyone else's and hope to do one soon.  I am shooting for our next trip. I am going to hire Gwen to take my pictures, and You TCD to take my notes and ad wit. I am completely boring I am afraid.  I have checked back on Trolls report a couple times and I did not see anything new and I would never nag someone to keep it moving when I can't even do my own TR.  I also do not understand the Wal Mart reference....?

I hope you do try and write a TR.  It's always fun to see how each family enjoys the WDW a bit differently from the next.

Troll's Wal-Mart reference refers to how Wal-Marts often destroy the local economies in some of the areas that they establish stores.  Perhaps it was more of a thing years ago, as Wal-Mart would enter a new market.  The next thing you know, there goes the local hardware store, pharmacy and sporting goods store- out of business.  Troll is suggesting that it's bad for a discussion board to have just one or two dominant TR writers.  He's right.  It would be better for this site to be like a nice shopping mall, where there's something for everybody to enjoy.  So, we need to encourage trip report writers.

Thank you to Kelly and Aaron!

:banana:  Another trip to the World!

There you go, Gwen!

That's more like it!

Well when you can only have 3 fast passes per day there is not much choice else to do but stand by line or quit riding. Which really sucks. I knew this past November trip was going to be the last multiple rides on all attractions trip. Which is one reason I haven't really gotten very excited about going this year. Now paper fast passes plus fast pass plus was pretty nice.

But, it's not all bad.  There are a lot of shows and less busy attractions that you can enjoy at most of the parks without FP's.  The only park where this isn't true is Epcot. 

As you saw, on our afternoon in the MK, we hit the Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, the People Mover, and we will soon take a spin on COP.  All kind of boring, but fun to visit once in a while.  Throw in a parade, a show, a spin on the train, and maybe a character meet and greet, and you have a fun day.

TCD

Update time.

Looking in the old photo bucket, it looks like I've just got enough photos for this and two more updates, and then this one is going to be done.  No more bonus content.

The good news is that this one will not end with a fizzle.  More like a FUEGO!

So, if you're a lurker who has always wanted to post a comment on a TCD TR, this is a perfect opportunity.  Plus, with the TCD girls scattered around the southeast, who knows when there's going to be another TCD TR?

Post now!

We left off with our ride around Tomorrowland.

We passed right over the construction walls that have been erected around the Buzz FP machines.  Look what they're hiding from us:

2613083_zps2886400c.jpg

2613084_zpsadf73a6a.jpg

Do you see what I see?

Or more like do you see what I don't see?

The Buzz FP machines are gone.

I guess they're taking out all the FP machines.

Which tells me that there's no looking back.  FP+ is here to stay.  Seems kind of a drastic thing for them to do when they are still testing the whole mess.  But, you don't spend a billion dollars on something new and then cave in and go back to what you used to have because of consumer demand.  Right, Coke?

Do you know that there's a huge parking lot right behind that wall over there?:

2613086_zps87b67bed.jpg

I didn't.  At least not until the NYE trip I told you about earlier in this report. That door you see there on the right is the one that we came in through on New Year's Eve:

2613087_zpsaf3b89af.jpg

We passed by the old Carousel of Progress sign.  Which prompted the suggestion that we ought to ride it instead of going to the Laugh Floor.  OK with me:

2613088_zps1289e21d.jpg

Do you notice anything different about that sign?

I did.

They used to display the year in that little cog there at the top.

Like this:

cop2010_zpsa33cdf91.jpg

As best I can tell from researching the interwebz, the last year that was displayed on that sign was 2011.

I never realized that it had changed.

We arrived back at the station, and passed by these stairs.  What are those stairs doing there?:

2613089_zpsd383972e.jpg

This time I needed to consult Bing Maps for a good view of the roof above the Peoplemover loading area:

aostairs_zpsec17ed39.jpg

Well, what do you know?

Those stairs apparently access the loading area for the Astro Orbiter.  They must use them in case the elevators aren't operational.  I never realized that.  And this makes me think- when is that last time I rode the Astro Orbiter?  It's the one attraction we missed on that Leap Day 24 hour event at the MK.  That was in 2012.  We haven't been on it since.  I think it's time for a visit.  I'll look for the stairs.

DIT mentioned the Carousel of Progress.  We hit that up next.

There was a time, which actually wasn't too long ago, when the COP was rarely in operation.  There were persistent rumors that it was going to be ripped out.  Since then, it seems to be in operation all the time, and I haven't heard those rumors in a while.  I certainly hope it never gets ripped out.  I love it. 

I'm sure that most of you know that Walt himself was actively involved with the design and creation of the COP.    It was originally built for the 1964 World's Fair.  There's an article about this in this month's D23 magazine, which was just mentioned last week on the official Disney Parks Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/first-look-d23-celebrates-the-1964-65-new-york-worlds-fair/

I love this photo:

d23cop_zpsbd52b5ce.jpg

This is one of the few attractions at WDW with such a direct link to Walt.  For that reason alone, I hope it never goes.

And, here we are in the 20's:

2613090_zps2a07a0ba.jpg

I love that scene.  And I have a new appreciation for it.  I just finished reading Bill Bryson's latest book, One Summer: America 1927.  In it, he writes about the events that occurred in the summer of 1927 that had a big impact on the history of our nation.  One of the big events, of course, was Charles Lindbergh's flight across the Atlantic.  One thing Bryson writes about in the book that I didn't know is that European countries were far ahead of the US in aviation in 1927.  America was not really a global leader in anything yet.  That flight by Lindbergh set in motion a chain of events that led to America's domination of the world.  It's hard to conceive that in less than a decade after his flight, there was commercial air service available in America, and it never stopped from there.

The 20th century was an amazing time.  The progress that was made in that 100 years is unprecedented in history, and I can't imagine it being repeated again. 

When Walt designed the Carousel of Progress, the 20th century was barely 60% completed.  So, the final scene in the ride must have been full of hope and optimism.

The final scene we have today is pretty lame:

2613091_zpse77ef9f6.jpg

A virtual reality game and a talking oven? Is that it?

Sad.

I have often shared with my kids that when I was a kid, we looked forward to flying cars, and a life of ease with robots serving us and space stations.  Like the Jetsons.

What happened to all of that?

Now, my kids can just look forward to new apps for their phones and maybe some new social media network.

I tell my kids how I feel sorry for them.  All the good inventions have already been invented.  And, even though I'm kind of kidding about that- aside from advances in phones and the internet, has there been anything new and significant that's been added to our lives in the last 30 years?

To further reinforce my point that there is nothing good left to invent, we walked past this scene on the way out of the COP:

2613093_zps1f5f6f98.jpg

Hey, look, it's PUSH, the talking trash can!

Just kidding.

That's just a regular trash can.

And even if it was PUSH, it wouldn't be anything to be excited about.   Big deal, a giant remote control trash can voiced by some creepy guy talking into his hand hiding behind a pole.

By the way, I believe that we were in the MK on the day that PUSH gave his final performance.  And we missed it.

Anyway, that trash can isn't why I took that photo.  I took the photo to show how many people were enjoying the new dance party at the MK.

Did you know there was a new dance party at the MK?

Where have you been?

It's right here on the official site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/incredibles-super-dance-party/

It's a dance party featuring characters from the Incredibles movie.

Look at how much fun everyone is having! :

2613094_zps79b11a82.jpg

Now, here's the thing:

Do you know what this event is called?

It's called the #INCREDIBLESSuperDanceParty.

I'm not making that up.

Click on that Disney link if you don't believe me.

What I want to know, is how do you actually say this?  Do you say Hashtag Incredibles Super Dance Party?  Or is the # silent?  And, why the heck is there a hashtag there?  And why do we call # a hashtag now instead of a pound sign?

See?

This is what my kids have to look forward to.

Not flying cars or helpful robots.

They get to look forward to new hashtags.

Sad.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer today.

Bottom line- I like COP, and nobody better take it away.

Next up, we got to cash in our hashtag FP+'s.

Just kidding about the hashtag.

But, I wouldn't be surprised to see more hashtags around WDW.

Since we were a party of four, we got two rockets.  The girls got their own, and I got to ride with strangers.  Which meant I was on my own to think up something creative to do for the ride photo.  I didn't have much time to think, so I just grabbed Twin #1, water bottle, which I was holding for her, and this is what I got:

2613096_zps9f95dd9f.jpg

Hey, there's something new.

Those water bottles.

They're a thing with the young people.

No flying cars, but you can all have a plastic water bottle to carry around.

Like that's better than a water fountain?

Check out the guy in the back of my rocket- he would make a perfect That Guy, wouldn't he?

What's he so mad about?

Maybe he just finished riding COP too, and he's thinking about that big flying car lie we all got told.

After our ride through space, we were out of FP+'s.

So time to get out of here.

There were a lot of groups around WDW today.  Some were the typical BGT's (Brazilian Tour Groups), but there were also groups of cheerleaders/dancers.  It's hard to say which one is worse.  There's a bunch of cheerleaders there, heading to the Hashtag dance party:

2613097_zpsce2614f2.jpg

There's that folded palm tree we saw from the Peoplemover:

2613098_zps7ace1f6f.jpg

And, no that trash can isn't PUSH either.

Have you seen the latest geek fashion accessory?

It's a leather book on a strap so you can carry around your SOTMK cards:

2613099_zps6b2a62fa.jpg

That has to be that guy's sister.  No way he has a SOTMK book and a girlfriend.

Our reservation for Biergarten was at 7:10.  It was not about 5:35.  The girls' idea was to stop and get a Starbucks, and then head over to Epcot.  I told the girls no deal.  We are boycotting Starbucks.  They said good luck with that, and we headed that way.

But, I got the last laugh.

Because on this rainy, cool afternoon, there were actually customers in the Starbucks.  I've never seen a line in there, but there was one today.  And it was long.  So long that the TCD girls said forget it.  Here's a peek through the window.  These stupid guests are not helping the cause at all:

2613101_zps9b894bfb.jpg

There's something new that popped up in the last 30 years.  Starbucks.  And Starbucks imitators.  We don't get flying cars, but we get a place where we pay ridiculous prices for a cup of coffee with a few cents worth of syrup poured in it.  What would that dad on COP say about this?

Remember how I said that the TCD gang walks around with a cloud of transportation pixie dust raining down on our heads?

Well, check this out . . .

That Starbucks photo was taken at 5:40 pm.

At 5:48 pm, I took this photo from the express monorail, as we circled the Seven Seas Lagoon:

2613103_zps6c24056b.jpg

That's pretty good.  We are out of the MK and on our way to the TTC already.

Dang, there's that darned Four Seasons abomination poking up above the trees there to the left of the MK ferry:

2613105_zps345ffd12.jpg

As we crossed over the canal where they park the EWP barges, I noticed that there was some kind of construction project going on below.  I didn't get a clear photo of it, but it looks like they have a couple of small barge-like boats that could be joined together to make a bridge over that canal.  Then guests could walk to the Grand Floridian.  Is that what this is?:

2613107_zps379fd235.jpg

This is another photo fail- it was supposed to show that there were kids playing in the splash zone at the GF, with the lifeguards standing by looking like they are bundled up for the polar vortex:

2613108_zpsa05be9c7.jpg

You can see the lifeguards dressed in red through the trees, but I don't see the kids.  They were there though.  Probably Canadians.  Or chowds.  Maybe their parents were sitting around there dreaming of those extra dock pretzels you can't get around here.

The express monorail provided a good look into the fenced in area they have set up at the Polynesian Resort for their DVC construction project.  There really isn't much to see except for this giant pile of dirt.  I guess this came from Sunset Point:

2613111_zps5158f3b6.jpg

Other than the dirt pile and a couple of dumpsters, there isn't anything else down there to see:

2613112_zps2aa174b3.jpg

If you look above the roofs here at the TTC and look toward the GF, you can see the area where Sunset Point used to be- it's now just a level peninsula of dirt sticking out into the Seven Seas Lagoon:

2613113_zpsf419b271.jpg

2613114_zpsf6d60860.jpg

I guess they're going to put the new DVC building on that spot.

Remember how I was just looking in the Starbucks window at 5:40 pm?

Here we are on the monorail to Epcot at 5:53 pm.  Twin #1 is making that face because we found a car that was empty and had it to ourselves.  However, just as the doors were about to close, a group of about 30 or so cheerleaders came piling in:

2613115_zpsf8ede4a7.jpg

I wanted to get a photo of them, so I took one on the sly.  Twin #2 was sitting next to me, and gave me a good elbow, and bumped my arm, so I ended up with this:

2613117_zpscba364ad.jpg

And, she told me that I had better not take any more photos.

Since she was sitting right next to me, and I really didn't want another elbow, that, unfortunately, is the only photo I got of the cheerleaders in our monorail car.  Which is a shame, because you should have seen their make-up.

It's Twin #2's fault.

What?

That's 30 photos already?

Well, links and stuff count too.

So, we need to stop.

We will pick it back up at Epcot.

Where we will eventually end up at the Biergarten.

TCD

I'm with you I still like COP, we hit it this year at New Years as a walk on, never seems to be a line even when it's busy. If you want a good laugh hang out near a bar when the cheerleaders are around and listen to the moms just ask the bartender.

I hope the COP stays too, for the same reasons you mentioned.

I experienced the Brazilian tour groups in July and the dance teams you are talking about. I'll take the dance teams. WAY better behaved, and they don't travel in groups of 300.

I can't believe your girls aren't down with the #starbucksboycott.

Is the thing that won't bring you back to Biergarten soon the price? That's my guess. It's expensive! But apparently, we'll be going there every trip now. Thanks Dave!

The FP machines are gone now and replaced with FP+ kiosks. This is becoming the norm for most FP locations.

I guess there's no going back now.

I didn't realize that there would be that many FP+ kiosks.  I thought what they have now would be all they need, as the majority of guests would be pre-booking FP+'s and using their smart phones.

All of those kiosks cost money.  Time to raise prices.

I'm with you I still like COP, we hit it this year at New Years as a walk on, never seems to be a line even when it's busy. If you want a good laugh hang out near a bar when the cheerleaders are around and listen to the moms just ask the bartender.

I'll bet those moms drink a lot.  I don't blame them.

I hope the COP stays too, for the same reasons you mentioned.

I experienced the Brazilian tour groups in July and the dance teams you are talking about. I'll take the dance teams. WAY better behaved, and they don't travel in groups of 300.

I can't believe your girls aren't down with the #starbucksboycott.

Is the thing that won't bring you back to Biergarten soon the price? That's my guess. It's expensive! But apparently, we'll be going there every trip now. Thanks Dave!

I think you're right about the BTG's being worse than the cheerleaders.  That not from this land thing and the chanting tips the scale in their favor.

My girls don't understand that Main Street Cinnamon Rolls will never come back without the boycott.

I'm not saying what my big problem with Biergarten was. Yet.  That will be coming up soon, and I need to share photos to make my point.

TCD

I think the problem with Biergarten is that putting a father of several daughters in the presence of dirndls can create a paradoxical situation from which the only escape is avoidance.  You spend years protecting your daughters from creepy old men, then suddenly you become the creepy old man.  Although, our Biergarten server was so old herself, that I could have been her son.  

Holy cow, that may be even creepier!  And now, I'm thinking I need to stay away from Biergarten too.

I think the problem with Biergarten is that putting a father of several daughters in the presence of dirndls can create a paradoxical situation from which the only escape is avoidance.  You spend years protecting your daughters from creepy old men, then suddenly you become the creepy old man.  Although, our Biergarten server was so old herself, that I could have been her son.  

Holy cow, that may be even creepier!  And now, I'm thinking I need to stay away from Biergarten too.

You know, that is a very good point.  But not the main issue I had with Biergarten.

But now that you mention it, there was that creepy old man awkward moment.  Our server was young enough to be one of my daughters.  It would have been better if I had your Frau. I have an awkward photo to share, BTW.

TCD

You know, that is a very good point.  But not the main issue I had with Biergarten.

But now that you mention it, there was that creepy old man awkward moment.  Our server was young enough to be one of my daughters.  It would have been better if I had your Frau. I have an awkward photo to share, BTW.

TCD

I call it the Dirndl Paradox.