Saw this on FB

Has the pavilion actually closed?

Captain EO and the Journey Into Imagination pavilion at Epcot have closed. According to reliable sources, Captain EO will be replaced with a Phineas & Ferb "Professor Doofenschmirtz" 3D movie, and the ride is undergoing a year-long rehabilitation - the most popular rumors about the ride are that they're restoring the original ride or installing something inspired by the original ride, but either way, we should be seeing the return of the Dreamfinder...

Saw this on FB

Has the pavilion actually closed?

Captain EO and the Journey Into Imagination pavilion at Epcot have closed. According to reliable sources, Captain EO will be replaced with a Phineas & Ferb "Professor Doofenschmirtz" 3D movie, and the ride is undergoing a year-long rehabilitation - the most popular rumors about the ride are that they're restoring the original ride or installing something inspired by the original ride, but either way, we should be seeing the return of the Dreamfinder...

As of just a second ago that has not been added to the list of Refurbs on the Disney Travel Agent site.  

I'm waiting for two things at Epcot to hopefully happen in the future:

* a night time parade so the magic kingdom is not the only park to hang out at after 9pm

* a upgrade to Sorin down the road so it's like star tours and it's a different flight every time you ride

I know that's asking for a lot since they will never happen. Imagine sorin in 3D?

Eo was dated when it came out in the '80s: and corny, bad acting and bad writing don't get better over time. It's astounding to me that this steaming pile of excrement has been left in place for nearly 30 years!

Someone was smart enough to have replaced it many years back.  But who's the knucklehead that brought it back?  Oh yeah, they thought it was a good idea after MJ died.  Which it probably was....for a limited 6 month engagement.  

or not.  May he R.I.P but his passing didn't make E.O. SMB any less.

I agree completely.  But there had to be at least a few misguided MJ fans who went to Epcot just to see him moonwalking with Anjelica Huston.  Of course, between the horrible effects, stupid storyline, bad acting, and scary Anjelica face....they may have left with a bit less Fan Furor in the tank. 

I agree completely.  But there had to be at least a few misguided MJ fans who went to Epcot just to see him moonwalking with Anjelica Huston.  Of course, between the horrible effects, stupid storyline, bad acting, and scary Anjelica face....they may have left with a bit less Fan Furor in the tank. 

You remember more than I do.  I thought it was bad when MJ was alive and popular.  I don't even remember Angelica Huston being in it. :))

I guess it must not be good because I've been going to the parks for years and never heard of it. Must be really bad.

It's not really good that's for sure.

I learned an important lesson today.  Do NOT search online for a video of Captain EO.  I did, and found the video on YouTube.  That then lead me to a video of Michael Jackson moonwalking, which lead to a video of his Super Bowl XXVII halftime show.  That video in turn lead to one of his sister's Super Bowl halftime show, which lead to Justin Timberlake ripping her top away resulting in the infamous Nipplegate.  

So, the lesson is.  Don't watch Captain EO unless you are prepared to see Janet Jackson's bare b**b.  

I learned an important lesson today.  Do NOT search online for a video of Captain EO.  I did, and found the video on YouTube.  That then lead me to a video of Michael Jackson moonwalking, which lead to a video of his Super Bowl XXVII halftime show.  That video in turn lead to one of his sister's Super Bowl halftime show, which lead to Justin Timberlake ripping her top away resulting in the infamous Nipplegate.  

So, the lesson is.  Don't watch Captain EO unless you are prepared to see Janet Jackson's bare b**b.  

Sounds like a bad DirectTV commercial!