• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it the wood truck.....that does not exist

Hope that doesnt happen, it will take us too long to get there to help.

Havent lost one yet.  Besides urban redevelopment can be a good thing.

I thought I had heard them all, you know... First on race day, found on road dead....but I guess FORD now has a new meaning......

F - Fire

O - On

R - Road

D - at Disney

Don't get me wrong, I love Ford products, even though I drive a Suburban.

I meant to ask- is that a typical vehicle fire?  It seems like the flames are engulfing the cab- what would make it flame up that much?  Maybe that's normal.  I haven't seen a lot of vehicle fires.   Also, was there a risk of a gas tank exploding? That thing burned for quite a while before they tried to put it out.  And where was the owner while this was all going on?

TCD

I meant to ask- is that a typical vehicle fire?  It seems like the flames are engulfing the cab- what would make it flame up that much?  Maybe that's normal.  I haven't seen a lot of vehicle fires.   Also, was there a risk of a gas tank exploding? That thing burned for quite a while before they tried to put it out.  And where was the owner while this was all going on?

TCD

Yes, many engine fires will manifest themselves near the firewall.

He was smart and got as far away as he could.

Anyone notice fire department had a hard time finding a hydrant because a Disney van was blocking it from view. 

Good catch.  I saw the firefighter making a signal near the end there, and wondered what she was trying to convey.  Then I saw the other firefighter go and hook up the hose. 

I didn't see the big firetruck until the van moved.  And, now that I think of it, I didn't see it drive by-so was it there the whole time the truck was burning like that?  Or did it come in through the check in lanes?

TCD

Wow, FWF, you got the whole thing on tape!

That got to be a pretty big fire before they got it put out.  Thank goodness they did.  And also thank goodness for the rain we've had lately.  That could have been much worse.

TCD

I went to the out post and saw the truck sitting in the grass.  I thought that it was a contractor's truck, because we all know hoy the Fort frowns on parking off the pavement.  When I cam out I saw, what I thought was a little steam coming from under the hood. I thought maybe it was overheated.  But as I made my way to the bus stop the smoke was getting worse. A bus driver got on the radio and called it in.

Holy moly!!! 

Big thanks to Curt and Todd for all the photos, and thanks very much for the videos, Todd!

You'reelcome.  Just doing my duty for us FortFiends!

At the start of the first video the truck was already engulfed in flames.  Even then, it took almost 6 minutes for the fire department to arrive.  Not comforting!

I was thinking the same thing, it was spreading to the brush and trees.

Anyone notice fire department had a hard time finding a hydrant because a Disney van was blocking it from view. 

Yes and when they got the hose over it was about 30 feet to short so they had to pull out a second hose.

Good catch.  I saw the firefighter making a signal near the end there, and wondered what she was trying to convey.  Then I saw the other firefighter go and hook up the hose. 

I didn't see the big firetruck until the van moved.  And, now that I think of it, I didn't see it drive by-so was it there the whole time the truck was burning like that?  Or did it come in through the check in lanes?

TCD

The lady fire fighter was doing exactly that, looking for the hydrant. The fire truck came in through the front entrance right where we check in at.

Again, I am so glad no one was hurt or injured.  I have since seen this video posted on a Fort FB page, so it is gaining in popularity!  Would not be surprised if it winds up on the news!  Thank you so much for keeping us up to the minute with the big news there.

I also noticed the WDW van blocking the water supply.  d'oh!  And, the driver of that van casually getting out, taking a photo, and then walking back around the van, away from the fire, way before the  fire fighters arrived.

Speaking of the firefighters, I was a bit surprised at how long their arrival took.  Did the guard not want to let them in? (kidding of course)

Did you all notice the tires exploding?

My last thought was - and I mean NO disrespect to the owner of this truck or anyone else involved - who else was waiting for Sweet Brown to jump out and say "Oh Lord its a fawr!"

Even then, it took almost 6 minutes for the fire department to arrive.  Not comforting!

I was thinking the same thing, it was spreading to the brush and trees.

Really, you think 6 minutes was a long time? The Fort doesn't have it's own fire dept.

In order to arrive within 6 minutes, the RCID FD had to exceed the speed limit. 

Really, you think 6 minutes was a long time? The Fort doesn't have it's own fire dept.

In order to arrive within 6 minutes, the RCID FD had to exceed the speed limit.

What is an average response time in residential areas? My town has paid firefighters, they are located on the outskirts of town (lucky for us they are around the corner) and to get to the other side of town they would never make it under 6 mins, probably closer to 10.

6 may seem like a long time but I'm wondering how that compares to the outside world.