Found out some interesting info today about the boats and maybe this has already been discussed somewhere. As Lou mentioned each resort decides on it's own level of service so this all coincides.

Anyway I asked today why they don't run all 3 big boats as green/red and then the two smaller boats under red or green only and was told that WL actually paid for one of the cruisers and "they don't want to share. Consequently the FORT normally gets 2 large and the Lodge gets 1 small and 1 large. Also found out that since the small boats have wooden hulls they can't be modified for ECV's. There is a rumour floating that they may get retired soon do to their age.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woohoo!! I win!

Found out some interesting info today about the boats and maybe this has already been discussed somewhere. As Lou mentioned each resort decides on it's own level of service so this all coincides. Any

Won't matter much longer. The Four Seasons plans on filling in Bay Lake to build a road for running limos straight to the Magic Kingdom.

Found out some interesting info today about the boats and maybe this has already been discussed somewhere. As Lou mentioned each resort decides on it's own level of service so this all coincides.

Anyway I asked today why they don't run all 3 big boats as green/red and then the two smaller boats under red or green only and was told that WL actually paid for one of the cruisers and "they don't want to share. Consequently the FORT normally gets 2 large and the Lodge gets 1 small and 1 large. Also found out that since the small boats have wooden hulls they can't be modified for ECV's. There is a rumour floating that they may get retired soon do to their age.

I heard that rumor about retiring also. Because of their age they are exempt from making them accessible, BUT if they have to refurb them more than a certain percentage then they would have to be made accessible, so they are only repairing what has to be repaired, but if they break enough to go past that percentage then they will be retired.

And Lou is already planning to hijack one for a secret mission involving said missile and King Neptune.

Don't need no stinkin missile.

It's going to be just like a scene right out of 10,000 leagues under the sea.

I wonder if one of the subs from the ride is still back stage at Epcot?

Don't need no stinkin missile.

It's going to be just like a scene right out of 10,000 leagues under the sea.

I wonder if one of the subs from the ride is still back stage at Epcot?

I'm pretty sure you mean EPCOT Center.

Something definitely wired going on with boat transportation. The past few days. Smaller bay lake boats have been making runs in place of the bigger MK boats. Strange thing is that The larger boats(mermaid, castaway and Bon voyage) have been running at the same time. And even stranger, two trips back from MK the past few days we have waited 45 minutes for a boat. On boat even swung by the poly but did not stop on the way to the MK..What the fort? Looks like they also built a new ferry boat landing on the MK side that makes all resort boats enter the dock from the west side only

Something definitely wired going on with boat transportation. The past few days. Smaller bay lake boats have been making runs in place of the bigger MK boats. Strange thing is that The larger boats(mermaid, castaway and Bon voyage) have been running at the same time. And even stranger, two trips back from MK the past few days we have waited 45 minutes for a boat. On boat even swung by the poly but did not stop on the way to the MK..What the fort? Looks like they also built a new ferry boat landing on the MK side that makes all resort boats enter the dock from the west side only

This mess is the result of the resort monorail being shut down during the day.  Like always, the Fort gets crapped on.  They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian.  So, shut your yap.  You should be used to this treatment by now.

TCD

This mess is the result of the resort monorail being shut down during the day.  Like always, the Fort gets crapped on.  They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian.  So, shut your yap.  You should be used to this treatment by now.

TCD

Why are the resort monorails shut down during the day? Also, this seemed to happen more at night.

Why are the resort monorails shut down during the day? Also, this seemed to happen more at night.

They are allegedly working on the monorails.  They have been shutting down the resort line during the day on weekdays.

The boats were messed up the entire time we were there a week ago.  It's not so much fun being on one of those small boats on a cold or rainy night.

TCD

From an announcement in December...

Monorail service on the Magic Kingdom Resort and Express beams will be temporarily unavailable between 11:30am - 7pm during non-peak weekdays, from January 21 through the end of March, 2014.

This service interruption will be to accommodate planned maintenance.

During this time, watercraft and additional buses will be available

The Epcot monorail beam will continue normal operations.

This mess is the result of the resort monorail being shut down during the day.  Like always, the Fort gets crapped on. 

They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian.  So, shut your yap.  You should be used to this treatment by now.

TCD

If the monorail shutdown is during the week only, why would the boats be affected on the weekend?

They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian. 

"Our boats", excuse me, but transportation vehicles don't belong to any resort.

WDW Transportation is providing a service as per whatever the Fort's IM's see fit. If they can provide that service with the smaller boats and the Fort's IMs are ok with it, that's that.

If the monorail shutdown is during the week only, why would the boats be affected on the weekend?

I don't know.

Maybe it's the same reason why the sign about the monorail service being unavailable was posted on Saturday and Sunday when I visited last week?

"Our boats", excuse me, but transportation vehicles don't belong to any resort.

WDW Transportation is providing a service as per whatever the Fort's IM's see fit. If they can provide that service with the smaller boats and the Fort's IMs are ok with it, that's that.

Can't argue with that.

The Fort gets the leftovers.

Nothing new there.

TCD

This mess is the result of the resort monorail being shut down during the day.  Like always, the Fort gets crapped on. 

They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian.  So, shut your yap.  You should be used to this treatment by now.

TCD

They are using our boats to shuttle the rich folk back and forth to the Poly and Grand Floridian. 

If "our boats", excuse me, but transportation vehicles don't belong to any resort.

WDW Transportation is providing a service as per whatever the Fort's IM's see they can provide that service with the smaller boats and the Fort's IMs are ok with it, that's that.

But they can't provide proper service since ECV'S cannot get on the smaller boats.

Oh.

That's convenient.  Not quite the same as driving the ECV down to the dock.

TCD

Oh you want convenience?

No it's not the same, but if as Starbuc posted, he waited 45 minutes for a boat, it will be quicker.

For operational reasons, the WL/MK bus makes the run more often than that just about any other route.

There are Fiends that will not use the boat and always take the bus to MK.

Oh you want convenience?

No it's not the same, but if as Starbuc posted, he waited 45 minutes for a boat, it will be quicker.

For operational reasons, the WL/MK bus makes the run more often than that just about any other route.

There are Fiends that will not use the boat and always take the bus to MK.

I know that the WL to MK bus is a quick route.  Normally.  Are you aware that because of the monorail work, the WL bus currently shares with the Contemporary?  It's not a quick run anymore.

And, what about getting to the WL in the first place?  Depending on where the guest is coming from at the Fort, that may require two loadings and two unloadings of the scooter before getting to the Lodge. 

TCD