And, what about getting to the WL in the first place?  Depending on where the guest is coming from at the Fort, that may require two loadings and two unloadings of the scooter before getting to the Lodge. 

TCD

Nope, you drive the scooter through the campground. Absolutely no need for a scooter to take an internal bus.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Woohoo!! I win!

Found out some interesting info today about the boats and maybe this has already been discussed somewhere. As Lou mentioned each resort decides on it's own level of service so this all coincides. Any

Won't matter much longer. The Four Seasons plans on filling in Bay Lake to build a road for running limos straight to the Magic Kingdom.

I know that the WL to MK bus is a quick route.  Normally.  Are you aware that because of the monorail work, the WL bus currently shares with the Contemporary?  It's not a quick run anymore.

And, what about getting to the WL in the first place?  Depending on where the guest is coming from at the Fort, that may require two loadings and two unloadings of the scooter before getting to the Lodge. 

TCD

Are you shooting the messenger?

Nope, you drive the scooter through the campground. Absolutely no need for a scooter to take an internal bus.

OK, then keep going and drive it all the way to the Lodge- it's only another mile.

I guess if you have guests traveling with you, they can get some good exercise.

And, if there is no need to put scooter on the internal buses, then I wish someone would tell that to the internal bus drivers.  It sure would make life easier for everyone.

TCD

We actually do that on occassion. Drive the ECV to the lodge. If we're together, one will take the cart to the Settlement, then get on the bus at Settlement, the other one of us will drive the ECV all the way to the lodge. We usually get there within a minute of each other. I'm not saying everyone does that.

We actually do that on occassion. Drive the ECV to the lodge. If we're together, one will take the cart to the Settlement, then get on the bus at Settlement, the other one of us will drive the ECV all the way to the lodge. We usually get there within a minute of each other. I'm not saying everyone does that.

That works for a couple.  But what about a family with granny or grandpa?  Wouldn't everyone want to stick together?

That's why they should have boats that can accommodate the ECV's.

TCD

Do they have to provide boat service to MK for people in ECVs or just transportation to MK?

If the latter is the case, they are providing transportation to MK via the buses.

I wouldn't call that a equal opportuninity.

I wouldn't call that a equal opportunity.

Oh geez, the ADA rears it's ugly head.

Why is it any different than what they offer at the other MK resorts that are using the smaller boats?

If you need to use one of those devil machines, you can't take it on those boats, and you have to use the monorail.

In this case, as there is no monorail, it's a bus.

Oh geez, the ADA rears it's ugly head.

Why is it any different than what they offer at the other MK resorts that are using the smaller boats?

If you need to use one of those devil machines, you can't take it on those boats, and you have to use the monorail.

In this case, as there is no monorail, it's a bus.

Because the Monorail picks up and drops off at "your resort" you don't have to get on a bus, get off a bus, get on a bus, get off a bus. If I could take the GC directly to WL with Linda's ECV on the back that would be a different story, but I can't.

Because the Monorail picks up and drops off at "your resort" you don't have to get on a bus, get off a bus, get on a bus, get off a bus. If I could take the GC directly to WL with Linda's ECV on the back that would be a different story, but I can't.

Knucklehead Lone Star made the comment that it wasn't "equal opportunity". I'm simply pointing out that it's no different at any of the resorts that use the same smaller boats. You can't get an ECV on the boats at those resorts either.

I wasn't addressing how convenient or inconvenient the alternate transport is schmuckface. It is what it is.

Again I ask, does the ADA require that ECVs be able get on all transportation vehicles, or that some sort of transportation, even though it may not be as convenient as another, be provided? I don't know.

Knucklehead Lone Star made the comment that it wasn't "equal opportunity". I'm simply pointing out that it's no different at any of the resorts that use the same smaller boats. You can't get an ECV on the boats at those resorts either.

I wasn't addressing how convenient or inconvenient the alternate transport is schmuckface. It is what it is.

Again I ask, does the ADA require that ECVs be able get on all transportation vehicles, or that some sort of transportation, even though it may not be as convenient as another, be provided? I don't know.

Who pee'd in your Cheerios. The reason i said what I did is because when we went to Pirates this past November and they no longer let me push my fathers wheel chair through the back entrance which was much easier on me. They said that the ADA said they could no longer do that because it was not a equal opportunity. Because the wheel chair guest were not getting to see the theming. So by not having a boat that a wheel chair can roll on would be the same thing to me.

Who pee'd in your Cheerios.

Are you new here?

They said that the ADA said they could no longer do that because it was not a equal opportunity.

What have I said over and over again, about believing what CMs say?

Here it is again, write it down. Never, never, ever believe what a CM tells you, especially bus drivers.

I take an equally easy but infinitely more satisfying approach to life.  I love everyone.  Unconditionally.  

Well, except for Lou.  And that jackass down the street who never mows his lawn.  And I guess the math teacher I had for Calculus who almost failed me.  Oh, I can't forget pretty much everyone in Washington.  And Putin, and those mullahs in Iran.  And I'm also not crazy about people who leave pee on toilet seats, or those who don't pick up after themselves in general.  I also can't stand people who move too slowly in buffet lines.  Or those idiots who take forever to order some pretentious drink at Starbucks.  Actually, I hate most people at Starbucks.  At least the one on Main Street USA.  Oh yeah, I just remembered, I hate the people who decided to get rid of the cinnamon rolls.  Bastards.  And also the ones who got rid of the Wilderness Waffles at Roaring Forks.  And the steak fries at Trails End.  I hate them all.  Every last one of them.  

Ok, I guess I do hate everyone.  

I take an equally easy but infinitely more satisfying approach to life.  I love everyone.  Unconditionally.  

Well, except for Lou.  And that jackass down the street who never mows his lawn.  And I guess the math teacher I had for Calculus who almost failed me.  Oh, I can't forget pretty much everyone in Washington.  And Putin, and those mullahs in Iran.  And I'm also not crazy about people who leave pee on toilet seats, or those who don't pick up after themselves in general.  I also can't stand people who move too slowly in buffet lines.  Or those idiots who take forever to order some pretentious drink at Starbucks.  Actually, I hate most people at Starbucks.  At least the one on Main Street USA.  Oh yeah, I just remembered, I hate the people who decided to get rid of the cinnamon rolls.  Bastards.  And also the ones who got rid of the Wilderness Waffles at Roaring Forks.  And the steak fries at Trails End.  I hate them all.  Every last one of them.  

Ok, I guess I do hate everyone.

Well Atleast you still love Snow White.

This week both monorails resort and express were shut down from 11:30-7:00. One of the boat captains (not that I am believing him) states that they had to pick sometime to replace some conduit that is 40 years old and are also prepping some senors for the fully automated monorails coming later this year. Not sure f this is true or not. 1 hour and 5 minutes yesterday waiting for a MK boat at the fort. Eventually a small green/red flag boat came and we were the last ones before they cut off the rest of the line

This week both monorails resort and express were shut down from 11:30-7:00. One of the boat captains (not that I am believing him) states that they had to pick sometime to replace some conduit that is 40 years old and are also prepping some senors for the fully automated monorails coming later this year. Not sure f this is true or not. 1 hour and 5 minutes yesterday waiting for a MK boat at the fort. Eventually a small green/red flag boat came and we were the last ones before they cut off the rest of the line

An hour and 5 minutes?  Standing on the dock?

And then a red/green flag boat comes?

That is not acceptable!

I'll bet there weren't any guests standing on the WL dock that long.

Sorry.

TCD