Good choice with the truck. I have a tonneau cover that lifts, but sometimes I wish I had a cap. I guess it depends on what you plan on carrying in the back.

Both have their advantages and as Jim says it all depends on what will be in the truck bed. One dis-advantage of a cap is you have to crawl into the bed to get stuff that is up by the cab. I have a roll up tonneau that I am very happy with.

If you have a cap and want to do some impromptu camping without pulling the PUP....all you need is an air mattress and sleeping bags in the back and you are set.  But...if you ever want to transport something tall like a fridge, you'd need to remove the cap which is more cumbersome than just rolling back a cover.  Either option is good....and bad.  LOL.  

Congrats. Great looking truck. I had the 5.4 in my last and it was a work horse.

I currently have the tri fold cover. It is so easy! Held on by two spring clips and two clamps. I can have it off or on in 10 mins, or just fold it back to reveal 2/3 of the bed. Strong endorsement.

Nice truck much better then the van. I have had the camper shell on the back of my truck and I got rid of it after a year. Switched to a locking rolling bed cover and love it. With the bed cover you have access to the whole bed. With the camper shell you can only get to what's at the tailgate. But you can pack it full of crap.