Good points.

Another reason I like to take the bus is that we may choose to hop to another park, and I'd rather use Disney transportation for that as well.  If I drive, then I would have to drive to the next park, or leave the car and come back for it later.  I'd rather not have to worry about that.

Depending on timing, you can hop to another park faster than it would take for you to wait for a tram, get your car, drive to the next park, and ride another tram to the entrance.

TCD

Agreed.  Especially given we hop quite a bit, and don't always know where we plan to end up.

That way the only issue we have to deal with is which end of the Fort the golf cart is parked at.   8)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once I park at the Fort, my vehicle does not start again until I have to go home.

I hear the bus drivers are cranky.

There is no one good answer as to whether or not someone should drive or take the bus. The bottom line is that more on-property guests with cars, will opt for the buses. Unless a person is willing to

I may be the only one, but I never had an issue with the bus drivers.  It may have helped that the first bus we got on the driver was super handsome and totally not cranky :wave1:   And we always got to where we were going quickly even if it did almost result in whiplash. Come on, it's an adventure! 

I may be the only one, but I never had an issue with the bus drivers.  It may have helped that the first bus we got on the driver was super handsome and totally not cranky :wave1:   And we always got to where we were going quickly even if it did almost result in whiplash. Come on, it's an adventure! 

Are you sure you were at WDW?

We've been at WDW so many times I've lost count ... both with and without vehicles.  We almost never drive to any park.  It's too much hassle parking and taking a tram to the entrance.  

We have never had an issue with the bus drivers.  Only issues with long waits, like 45 minutes waiting for a bus to AK.  And 45 minutes waiting on our last trip for a bus to EPCOT back to the fort (that happened twice).  

Agreed. Especially given we hop quite a bit, and don't always know where we plan to end up.

That way the only issue we have to deal with is which end of the Fort the golf cart is parked at. 8)

That can actually be quite annoying. That used to happen quite often with me, but with a bike in my tent camping days. I usually started the morning at Contemporary Food and Fun Center for breakfast, then ended the day at PI. There were a few times my bike got left at the marina overnight.

I think most people referring to cranky bus drivers were doing so tongue in cheek.   :user2552:

We do not care how long it takes.  We take two busses (Internal and External) to EPCOT.  Coming back we take the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Ferry to MK.  Then we either go in MK or catch the launch back to the Fort.  Just adds a different Disney transportation to our list and the kids love it.  And EPCOT has an elevator for the monorail access; old fogies who are likely tired and sore by then.

Tankpilot, just start a new thread when you arrive that gives your site number.  Then get the pie ready and wait!

I thought everybody brought the new guy stuff, kinda like "welcome to the neighborhood." I like beer.

One reason we take the truck now instead of the bus to is we like use one of those really big strollers that TCD and Lou love. And it is easier to throw it in the back of the truck then take it on the bus.

Is it a double wide that will carry 2 150lb angels brats. And can it carry a full size cooler?

I've put in a request with Disney to add a trailer hitch to the buses so that we can tow them. The kids will love it.

I thought everybody brought the new guy stuff, kinda like "welcome to the neighborhood." I like beer.

No. No. No.

Since your new we'll forgive you.

You've got it backwards. As the new guy you provide all gifts for us. Especially the beer. Kinda like "thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it."