Is it a double wide that will carry 2 150lb angels brats. And can it carry a full size cooler?

I've put in a request with Disney to add a trailer hitch to the buses so that we can tow them. The kids will love it.

No it's just a single kid jogging stroller.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once I park at the Fort, my vehicle does not start again until I have to go home.

I hear the bus drivers are cranky.

There is no one good answer as to whether or not someone should drive or take the bus. The bottom line is that more on-property guests with cars, will opt for the buses. Unless a person is willing to

Oh boy, jogging strollers, the third favorite thing drivers love to see as they pull up. Especially if it's going to be a full bus. 

Of course people with those will wait until boarding begins before they take the booger muncher out. So now, everything stops because no one can get around them. And I love this request. "will you open the rear door so I can roll it in"? Oh sure, no problem.

Yup, some actually ask that.

Because the wife is the one that runs with it, the overweight husband has no clue how to fold it. So now, the genius husband has to get his in shape wife to fold it. It finally gets collapsed and of course the guy whacks at least 3 people on the head with it as he goes down the aisle. 

People with these must realize that everyone on the bus and in the park, hates them because of that monstrosity?

My question is, why?

Why don't they invest the 20 bucks and get an umbrella stroller. Life will be easier for them and every one that's in front of them.

There is an oversize stroller policy at the parks, but Disney doesn't enforce it. What a surprise.

What are the bad reasons for bringing one of those things into an amusement park? 

If the vast majority of people don't need one, why do some feel they need one?

There is an oversize stroller policy at the parks, but Disney doesn't enforce it. What a surprise.

Disney seriously has a policy regarding oversized strollers??

Let me guess....it says "You cannot bring your oversized stroller into the parks....But we will gladly rent an oversized stroller to you for $31/day."  

Oh boy, jogging strollers, the third favorite thing drivers love to see as they pull up. Especially if it's going to be a full bus. 

Of course people with those will wait until boarding begins before they take the booger muncher out. So now, everything stops because no one can get around them. And I love this request. "will you open the rear door so I can roll it in"? Oh sure, no problem.

Yup, some actually ask that.

Because the wife is the one that runs with it, the overweight husband has no clue how to fold it. So now, the genius husband has to get his in shape wife to fold it. It finally gets collapsed and of course the guy whacks at least 3 people on the head with it as he goes down the aisle. 

People with these must realize that everyone on the bus and in the park, hates them because of that monstrosity?

My question is, why?

Why don't they invest the 20 bucks and get an umbrella stroller. Life will be easier for them and every one that's in front of them.

What are the bad reasons for bringing one of those things into an amusement park? 

If the vast majority of people don't need one, why do some feel they need one?

Excellent description.

No joke, I see this scenario play out multiple times on every visit.  And, if it's not the gigantic strollers, then it's a rental scooter.  And I've seen bus drivers have to unbuckle and get off the bus to try and help the idiots fold their stupid strollers.  Too bad for everyone waiting to be picked up at the next destination.

I have no idea when or how bringing a gigantic jogging stroller to a theme park became a thing.  But it has.  And, it has spread outside of WDW too.  People now wheel those monstrosities into stores and restaurants in the real world, and think nothing of it.  I guess we just all need to clear the aisles and make way for the precious cargo.

I had a very nice double jogging stroller when the TCD twins were small. I used it for jogging.  I would have never dreamt of taking it to WDW or into a mall or store.  That wasn't done back in the days before the last bit of common courtesy finally eroded in our society.

TCD

I've got to stand up for the countless people who bring strollers to the park. When DD was younger we brought hers everytime. Sorry I'm not superman and could carry my precious cargo and her snacks, change of clothes, etc all day long for multiple days thru the parks. Obliviously there's a need for strollers or Disney wouldn't rent them. And make a lot of money at it.

Perhaps some of you are to old to remember what it was like to have small children at the parks. Tell me how did you mange to go to the parks with small kids Without a stroller. Did you carry your kids on your shoulders all day? Did you carry a backpack? Oh no you wouldn't do that. Carrying a backpack is another no no.

Did you only go to the park for an hour or two and them return to your site or hotel, take a nap, or change there clothes or what ever. And then go back to the park for another two hours. Well guess what? Not everyone is a short boat or bus ride away from the park. Some stay off site and others drive for hours to spend a day at the park and don't have the convenience of just leaving the park when ever they need too. So maybe they shouldn't come to Disney until there kids are old enough to not need assistance or maybe they just need to suck it up and leave early because their kid(s) need a nap and that stroller they could use for a nap, pisses you off,

Also, I bet you were the best at keeping your little ones out of hot Florida sun.

Please inform the family of two or more young kids how you did it without that offensive stoller that runs into people and that annoying backpack that hits people everytime the owner turns around.

I remember several times walking thru the park with our stroller and rude guests cutting right in front of it and having to stop abruptly and the person behind me runs into me and/or my DW, because they were in such a hurry they didn't care about anyone else but themselves.

Or how about the time I witnessed a young couple with three little ones all asleep. The dad had two of the sleeping kids in his arm and an umbrella stroller. The mom took the sleeping baby and two diaper bags out of the stroller and tried to fold the stroller as they were getting on the bus. We were about 8-10 people behind them. She struggled with trying to fold it down with one hand and the people behind her were just rude. Huffing and puffing because they had to wait for this rude inconsiderate mother of three fold her stroller. She was in tears probably because she felt bad about holding up the bus. Or because if the rude idiots behind her. I finally walked up and took her stroller from her and told her to get on board. And the idiot behind me tried to push past me, her and her baby. It took everything in me from not punching him in the face

I personally folded up our stroller before as soon as we approached the bus stop because I didn't want to hold everyone up.

It's not the strollers that cause the problems it's some the rude inconsiderate people that own them. But please don't clump all of us that bring a stroller to the parks the same. And as far as using an umbrella stroller. Most of them are two small to hold the neccassary things a child or the children will need during the day.

Maybe we as guests who have been there with little ones need to be a little more understanding and remember what it was like when we were in their shoes.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thank you and goodnight.

I've got to stand up for the countless people who bring strollers to the park. When DD was younger we brought hers everytime. Sorry I'm not superman and could carry my precious cargo and her snacks, change of clothes, etc all day long for multiple days thru the parks. Obliviously there's a need for strollers or Disney wouldn't rent them. And make a lot of money at it.

Perhaps some of you are to old to remember what it was like to have small children at the parks. Tell me how did you mange to go to the parks with small kids Without a stroller. Did you carry your kids on your shoulders all day? Did you carry a backpack? Oh no you wouldn't do that. Carrying a backpack is another no no.

Did you only go to the park for an hour or two and them return to your site or hotel, take a nap, or change there clothes or what ever. And then go back to the park for another two hours. Well guess what? Not everyone is a short boat or bus ride away from the park. Some stay off site and others drive for hours to spend a day at the park and don't have the convenience of just leaving the park when ever they need too. So maybe they shouldn't come to Disney until there kids are old enough to not need assistance or maybe they just need to suck it up and leave early because their kid(s) need a nap and that stroller they could use for a nap, pisses you off,

Also, I bet you were the best at keeping your little ones out of hot Florida sun.

Please inform the family of two or more young kids how you did it without that offensive stoller that runs into people and that annoying backpack that hits people everytime the owner turns around.

I remember several times walking thru the park with our stroller and rude guests cutting right in front of it and having to stop abruptly and the person behind me runs into me and/or my DW, because they were in such a hurry they didn't care about anyone else but themselves.

Or how about the time I witnessed a young couple with three little ones all asleep. The dad had two of the sleeping kids in his arm and an umbrella stroller. The mom took the sleeping baby and two diaper bags out of the stroller and tried to fold the stroller as they were getting on the bus. We were about 8-10 people behind them. She struggled with trying to fold it down with one hand and the people behind her were just rude. Huffing and puffing because they had to wait for this rude inconsiderate mother of three fold her stroller. She was in tears probably because she felt bad about holding up the bus. Or because if the rude idiots behind her. I finally walked up and took her stroller from her and told her to get on board. And the idiot behind me tried to push past me, her and her baby. It took everything in me from not punching him in the face

I personally folded up our stroller before as soon as we approached the bus stop because I didn't want to hold everyone up.

It's not the strollers that cause the problems it's some the rude inconsiderate people that own them. But please don't clump all of us that bring a stroller to the parks the same. And as far as using an umbrella stroller. Most of them are two small to hold the neccassary things a child or the children will need during the day.

Maybe we as guest who have been there with little ones need to be a little more understanding and remember what it was like when we were in there shoes.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thank you and goodnight.

Nice soapbox.

And as far as using an umbrella stroller. Most of them are two small to hold the neccassary things a child or the children will need during the day.

Hogwash.

No one here is saying parents can't use strollers.  We're talking about the gigantic over-size strollers that have overrun the parks in just the last few years.

I brought the TCD twins into the parks all the time when they were young. A small diaper bag held all we needed for two kids, and they both could sit in an umbrella stroller which I knew how to fold up quickly.

Yes, I hated that stroller, but as I already said, I would never dream of being so rude as to push the giant behemoth jogging stroller we owned through the crowded walkways of a theme park or carrying that huge thing (even when folded) onto a bus where it would block the aisle and take up space where other guests could sit or stand.  Again, as I already said, it astonishes me that parents today push these giant things down narrow store aisles without thought to how it may inconvenience others. 

Times have changed. 

And not for the better.

TCD

We don't use a umbrella stroller, I guess it's a regular stroller? But anyway, I don't know how people do lug regular joggers, mine weights 26lbs! Not to mention the wheels are huge. I don't know how people could be bothered with that.

They don't lug them anywhere.  They push them everywhere.  Into the stores.  Into the restaurants.  Into the restrooms. Down paths where they take up all the room. Everywhere.

And yes, the wheels are huge.

The whole stroller is huge.

But, who cares?

Pushing those umbrella strollers sucks, you know.

Plus, they can't hold all the crap they just have to bring with them?

So screw everyone else.  Get out of the way!

TCD

Andrew. Did I hit a nerve?

I wasn't directing my comments directly at anyone just the whole tone of the discussion.

The discussion went from strollers, to gigantic strollers, to rental scooters, to doublewide jogging strollers.

So no it's not "hogwash". Families that use strollers were being slammed as rude and inconsiderate. and if a new person was reading this they'd think they were the biggest, most inconsiderate people in the world because they wanted the convenience of using their stroller.

I bet there was an old, cranky bus driver that had his panties in a was when he pulled up and saw you running up to the bus with your doublewide umbrella stroller, and your diaper bag. What you or I might think is appropriate someone else thinks is an unnecessary inconvenience to them.

Perspective.

Andrew. Did I hit a nerve?

I wasn't directing my comments directly at anyone just the whole tone of the discussion.

The discussion went from strollers, to gigantic strollers, to rental scooters, to doublewide jogging strollers.

So no it's not "hogwash". Families that use strollers were being slammed as rude and inconsiderate. and if a new person was reading this they'd think they were the biggest, most inconsiderate people in the world because they wanted the convenience of using their stroller.

I bet there was an old, cranky bus driver that had his panties in a was when he pulled up and saw you running up to the bus with your doublewide umbrella stroller, and your diaper bag. What you or I might think is appropriate someone else thinks is an unnecessary inconvenience to them.

Perspective.

Yes.  You hit a nerve.  I can't stand rudeness.  And, just to be clear, I'm talking about rude people who push giant strollers places where everyone else has to get out of their way.  That's all.

Nobody on this thread criticized everyone with a stroller.  But I am criticizing the throngs of inconsiderate people I see pushing giant strollers in crowded places.  How is that not rude?

My hogwash statement was directed to your statement that I quoted.  Which was:  "And as far as using an umbrella stroller. Most of them are two small to hold the neccassary things a child or the children will need during the day."

Sorry, but that's hogwash.

TCD

Yes. You hit a nerve. I can't stand rudeness.

My hogwash statement was directed to your statement that I quoted. Which was: "And as far as using an umbrella stroller. Most of them are two small to hold the neccassary things a child or the children will need during the day."

Sorry, but that's hogwash.

TCD

I can't stand rudeness either on that we can agree upon.

But we will have to disagree on the umbrella stroller. There's no place to put a diaper bag and if you try to hang it from the handle it'll tip over.

What you call "hogwash" I call useless.

yardsale161_zps160980f8.jpg

I can't stand rudeness either on that we can agree upon.

But we will have to disagree on the umbrella stroller. There's no place to put a diaper bag and if you try to hang it from the handle it'll tip over.

What you call "hogwash" I call useless.

yardsale161_zps160980f8.jpg

Well, maybe, God forbid, you will have to hold the diaper bag when precious isn't seated.

But, please don't go out of your way.  Everyone brings giant strollers now.  The rest of us are expected to step aside.  Go right ahead.  After you, sir.

TCD

Is it a double wide that will carry 2 150lb angels brats. And can it carry a full size cooler?

I've put in a request with Disney to add a trailer hitch to the buses so that we can tow them. The kids will love it.

I have to admit that we have one of those gigantic double wide strollers and plan to have it with us. However I will be doing everything in my power to use the other 2 smaller (single) strollers we will have with us but DW will likely have the last say...and she loves her DDWS (d@mn double wide stroller).

Can I agree with Ray and Andrew AND Lou without sitting too high on a spiked fence?  I agree strollers are a necessity for many families,  and although we used them in days gone by, I dislike umbrella strollers for reason stated above, and I detest the bohemoths (I know that's likely spelled wrong, but I don't want to look it up)...especially on the busses.  (There I got it all in one run-on sentence.)  I can't say TOO much against them in the parks because we often have at least two wheelchairs with us that are just as large....but more necessary.  Don't they still make regular sized strollers that carry a small child and a diaper bag on a tray underneath?  Usually room enough for a snack bag of some sort, too.

Shawnee can do some unintentional damage with his footrests to an Achilles tendon.  At least I like to THINK it's unintentional.   :wheelchair:

I have to admit that we have one of those gigantic double wide strollers and plan to have it with us. However I will be doing everything in my power to use the other 2 smaller (single) strollers we will have with us but DW will likely have the last say...and she loves her DDWS (d@mn double wide stroller).

Don't worry.

Giant strollers are the norm.  Everyone has them.  The bigger the better.  Heck, if you can find a triple wide, go for it.

As you may have gathered, a small minority of grumpy old men like to complain about them, but that hasn't stopped anyone from using them.

Enjoy.

TCD

We once had a triple inline stroller and also once had a quad stroller that could be configured in different ways.  The triple was hard to turn and the quad was hard or impossible to get through doors.  We took the triple to the Grand Ole Opry and I got to sit with three kids in the rear of the auditorium while DS and DW sat in Row 5 on the aisle.  We took the quad to Branson and one of us had to stay outside with the kids while the other shopped.  They both (strollers) spent considerable time in the storage shed before being donated.

When we had to use a stroller it was a decent size, not huge but big enough to carry our son and a bag or two underneath, plus I got to be an expert on how quick I could collapse it.  We also had a triplet stroller my wife used for the day care she ran but it was set up to carry 3 in a row facing forward, could not think of tying a 3 wide that's just crazy.  I see some parks let you drag a wagon thru the parks glad Disney does  not allow that.  We have a real nice Amish built wagon we always used on camping trips but would not even think I would want to pull that in the parks all day.

Well, maybe, God forbid, you will have to hold the diaper bag when precious isn't seated.

But, please don't go out of your way. Everyone brings giant strollers now. The rest of us are expected to step aside. Go right ahead. After you, sir.

TCD

We can't carry a diaper bag or a backpack because then you'll be pissed off because when we turn around and accidentally bump into you with it.

Maybe we should all be considerate of each other.

That means people with strollers try not take up the entire road, move over. And have it folded up before the bus arrives.

And people without strollers try to have thick skin when some one with a stroller bumps you. Thy probably didn't do it purpose. And maybe you can step aside when that stroller comes by and remember what it was like when you had your gigantic stroller.

Common courteous goes a long way when it's practiced by all.