Those Ireland pictures are just gorgeous! Glad to see she is getting to experience so many wonderful places.

As an aside, my cousin proposed to his wife up at the top of that huge wheel in London.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The dragon was in a cold place and hungry. Everyone knows fat guys in ear muffs make the best eating. He's not controlling her. He's trying to get out before the gears grind him up and feed him to the

Yes, she had a free weekend, and she used it to visit Ireland.  See details below.     Thanks for the link.  Did you see the webcam?  It shows that this is a super-busy intersection.  Twin #1's photo

I don't read TRs. And y'all need to stay off the buses!!!

Thanks for sharing your daughters pics from abroad. My son has mentioned doing a similar program at Mizzou. I wasn't really on board, but seeing the pics of the cool stuff that your daughter is seeing might swing me around.

When I was a kid I lived on a island that had the big cliffs like that. It was a big rock in the Atlantic.

Me too, but I wouldn't say that the Azores are a rock. Far from it. They're a lush green little known paradise.

Azores Island  Terceira.  It was beautiful!

That's the first  thing I thought of when I saw that photo.

Why were you there?

What an experience she is having!

No doubt.  I was kind of against the whole thing, but I'm glad that I got outvoted on this.

Enjoying the pictures of England and Ireland.  And funny that I'm so used to seeing pictures of your daughters in Florida clothes that my first thought was "I wonder if she bought those boots and sweater for her trip." 

We joke about how we get to wear sweaters one day a year here in Florida.

And all the TCD girls have boots, since I guess they're fashionable, but same thing- there aren't many days here where you'd want to wear boots.

She's really seeing a lot! You are definitely getting your money's worth. 

True.

She had a personal bucket list, and the only thing she missed was the Tower of London.  Oh, and going to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Those Ireland pictures are just gorgeous! Glad to see she is getting to experience so many wonderful places.

As an aside, my cousin proposed to his wife up at the top of that huge wheel in London.

Your cousin is a genius.  What a memorable place.

Thanks for sharing your daughters pics from abroad. My son has mentioned doing a similar program at Mizzou. I wasn't really on board, but seeing the pics of the cool stuff that your daughter is seeing might swing me around.

You really need to look into it.

These study abroad programs are a big thing these days.  And, they are done well.  This particular trip is one of many offered to UF students.  A lot of them involve a whole semester abroad.  FSU has permanent housing and classroom facilities in several European cities.  Twin #1 already is scheming about spending a semester abroad with Twin #2 at one of these places.  The neat thing about this is that the students earn a semester's worth of credit while they're experiencing the other country.  Twin #1 has now made connections with several of the top professors in the UF J school (which apparently is what the cool kids call the School of Journalism).  She will be taking more classes with these professors.  That personal connection won't hurt.

The major drawback is the expense.  But, when you compare what a semester at college costs anyway and subtract that from the cost of the trip, it really isn't that bad.

Azores Island  Terceira.  It was beautiful!

Wow.  What a place to live.  Very cool.

Me too, but I wouldn't say that the Azores are a rock. Far from it. They're a lush green little known paradise.

That's the first  thing I thought of when I saw that photo.

Why were you there?

Lou- I know you lived in Portugal-was this where you lived too?

It was a long time ago late 60's early 70's. We were there for 3 lovely years

Your right it is a paradise! I loved the food too!

My dad was in the service.

My dad was in the service too.

We got to live at Fort Dix, NJ.

You win.

TCD

Although I'm still a citizen of Portugal, I've never been to Portugal.

I was born and lived on Graciosa, one of the smaller islands in the Azores which do belong to Portugal.

I don't anyone who meets you would ever guess that you aren't a real Chowd born in the USA.

I am going to have to remember to ask you about Graciosa the next time I see you.

TCD

Well, Twin #1's time in Europe has come to an end.

Here's a final photo from London:

thames_zps36e42492.jpg

On Sunday, they flew back to Paris and caught an Air France flight back to Miami.  I picked Twin #1 up at the airport. I thought she'd sleep the whole way home, which is about a 4 1/2 hour drive.  She talked the whole way home, and we still haven't heard it all.

Like she says, she knows she will be telling stories about things that happened on this trip for the rest of her life.  She made a lot of new friends, including some of the professors she will be taking classes from as she continues her studies.

And, there will definitely be future trips across the pond.  Maybe I'll go on one of them.

For now, though, I guess the bonus content on this TR is done.

Thanks for reading.

If you want to know what the TCD gang is up to next, catch the new TR that is in progress.

TCD

Just saw a news story for you to share with your daughter TCD. Apparently the weight of the locks on the The Pont des Arts bridge hass caused one section of the fencing to fall inward onto the bridge and it was evacuated. The news story made it sound like the whole bridge collapsed. 

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/06/09/romantic-love-lock-bridge-collapse/20909328/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D486087

Just saw a news story for you to share with your daughter TCD. Apparently the weight of the locks on the The Pont des Arts bridge hass caused one section of the fencing to fall inward onto the bridge and it was evacuated. The news story made it sound like the whole bridge collapsed. 

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/06/09/romantic-love-lock-bridge-collapse/20909328/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl17%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D486087

Thanks for that link.  Twin #1 heard about this from some of the other students that were on the trip.

The sub-story to this is that one of the Kardashian sisters put a lock on the bridge while in Paris for the Kimye wedding.  So it's her fault.

My cousin that lives in Florida went to Ireland and she loves it. Glad your daughter is back home safe and had fun.

Did your cousin come back, or is she still there?

TCD

I didn't know where to post this photo, but it needed to be posted somewhere.

After returning from a month away, Twin #1 wanted to go to her favorite restaurant in our town.  It's a little Mexican restaurant in what passes for the downtown of our town.

Our town borders on Clearwater to the south.  I guess the biggest celebrity they have living there at the moment is Mr. Hulk Hogan.

Well, look who came to dinner on Friday night:

hogan_zps9be1e5e4.jpg

hulkhogan_zps0bae8432.jpg

The Hulk walked in the restaurant like a normal person, and didn't attract too much attention.  He was accompanied by his girlfriend, who looks like his daughter.

TCD