• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.   I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.   I will say

But if they didnt at least include them in this, and there is no guarantee they will have huge roles, a large group of fans might dismiss this and be lost to them. Including them in at least this movi

I'm blown away that they are building these as physical props. (BTW, did absolutely no one get my Dantooine joke? That was friggin hilarious!) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I don't recall that.  I know that I need to see it again.  Now that I have some idea of where things are going, there are parts I want to re-watch.

Oh man, Jason, I hope that you can avoid spoilers before then.  I tried real hard to not see any spoilers before seeing it, and managed to be surprised by quite a bit.  And I'm glad.  You need to scratch something off of your plans and get to the theater!

TCD

I know a lot of theaters down her are running it 18 to 24 hours a day.

I haven't seen much TV since it came out, but the print/electronic media have been pretty careful about writing anything, and they do warn multiple times if they are going to mention a spoiler.

There were quite a few bad reviews on IMDB.com about the movie, which was surprising.

DId you see where a fan exiting a theater shouted out a spoiler to everyone in line and promptly got beaten up? 

Snopes said it was a lie, but it's still been reposted over and over on FB.

So, we've discussed this for over a year and a half, and now the movie is out.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

I loved it!  A great balance of action, comedy and tragedy. 

They did a great job, and left plenty enough questions to make me want to see the next one too.

TCD

Agree.  I thought it was terrific.  Even my wife, who does not always go for this type of movie thought it was great and was reacting during the whole movie.

Can't wait for the next one.

IDId you see where a fan exiting a theater shouted out a spoiler to everyone in line and promptly got beaten up? 

Snopes said it was a lie, but it's still been reposted over and over on FB.

Totally believable, and if true, he should have known better. :well-duh-smiley:

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.

I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.

I will say I don't think I needed the 3D, I felt like there were only a few times it was worth it.

Also it seemed like there was a lot of unanswered questions, and a quick google search shows that lots of people agree with me.  Guess that means I'm hooked for the next one.

WBI

Rottentomatoes.com has it at 95% so far. I'm going the 28th by myself to a 12:30 show while my family goes to NYC for the Rockettes. I am seeing it in Imax 3D, but wondered if I should or not.

Big soda, buucket of popcorn and a box of Goobers and I'll be good to go.

Best Regards,

Norm

I saw it on Saturday and thought it was really good!  Like others have said more in line with the originals, which is a very good thing.

I did good avoiding spoilers but it wasn't easy.

I will say I don't think I needed the 3D, I felt like there were only a few times it was worth it.

Also it seemed like there was a lot of unanswered questions, and a quick google search shows that lots of people agree with me.  Guess that means I'm hooked for the next one.

WBI

I didn't intend to see it in 3D, but ended up with that because the regular showings for the time I wanted to go sold out first.  I'm glad that I saw it in 3D.  I thought some of the effects were great.

I agree about all of the unanswered questions.  There's one that you and I discussed on another thread that is still left unanswered.  And we have to wait two years now for the next one!

Rottentomatoes.com has it at 95% so far. I'm going the 28th by myself to a 12:30 show while my family goes to NYC for the Rockettes. I am seeing it in Imax 3D, but wondered if I should or not.

Best Regards,

Norm

I think 3D is worth it for this movie, and IMAX probably is too.

Have fun, and try to avoid those spoilers!

TCD

Best Regards,

Norm

We saw it in true 70mm IMAX format in a dome.  We were lucky, there are only 17 theaters in the US that still have that format.

We sure didn't need 3-D. 

The image was so wide, sometimes you had to turn your head to see what was going on along the edges.

It was funny, the Director of the Science center came out before the movie started and talked about how we were the only ones in FL to see it in this true film (not digital) format.  But while she was talking one of the advertisement slides came up behind her on how they were looking for donations to update the theater and put in a digital 3-D projector!  I'm hoping they will keep the film projector if they do get the digital.

I didn't intend to see it in 3D, but ended up with that because the regular showings for the time I wanted to go sold out first.  I'm glad that I saw it in 3D.  I thought some of the effects were great.

I agree about all of the unanswered questions.  There's one that you and I discussed on another thread that is still left unanswered.  And we have to wait two years now for the next one!

I think 3D is worth it for this movie, and IMAX probably is too.

Have fun, and try to avoid those spoilers!

TCD

Not quite, looks closer to 522!

Star Wars: Episode VIII
Fantasy/Fantasy
The next installment in the franchise.
Release date: May 26, 2017 (USA)

I'm surprised Disney isn't selling countdown clocks!

I would like to discuss the movie with any Fiends who have seen it.

So, I started a thread where we can discuss the movie and not worry about spoilers.

Let's take the discussion there and save the surprises for those who haven't seen it: http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/16811-star-wars-episode-vii-spoilers-discussion-for-those-who-have-seen-the-movie/

TCD

At Monaco up in the Prive section. My son coming home from CT got tickets for him and myself. 

Steve and I have never sat in the Privet section.

You should check out the theater by the mall some time. They did a complete remodel. It is nice! Prices are decent too.

With that and the new one opening up behind Publix, it is going to be great actually having choices of places to see movies nearby.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk