Brilliant on their part if you think about it.

Yep!

I'd be willing to bet the "return on investment" for this project kicks butt compared to other DVC projects.

So let's review... smaller project overall (vs something like BLT or other major DVC expansions), not a lot of land required, quicker timeframe for completion, and higher ROI.

Disney = Winning!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sleeps up to 8 people. That's only $262.50-$362.50 per person per night. When y'all have your renewal of vows ceremony just get 4 couples, 8 people. I will only need it for 4 nights. So if we

I was just at Trader Sams in march. If it's like the one at DL I think it'll be my new favorite stop on my monorail pub crawl. It's really cool.

No, not in the quick serve place.  But there will be one in every new bungalow.  All the Dole Whip you can eat, for only $4000/night. 

I think you're right.

Brilliant on their part if you think about it.

And I won't be surprised to see them try this other places- like at the Wilderness Lodge and (gulp) the Fort.

TCD

I could certainly see where they could do something like the Expensive Cabins at Fort Wilderness complete with a private beach and launch to the parks if this is successful. The only thing I think that would hold them back is the moneyed clients would be too close to the rest of us common folks.

It sleeps up to 8 people.

That's only $262.50-$362.50 per person per night.

When y'all have your renewal of vows ceremony just get 4 couples, 8 people. I will only need it for 4 nights. So if we have the ceremony off season it will cost $262.50 per person per day or $1050 per person. For that you'll get me, my DD will be available to be the flower girl. And if needed my DW will assist the bride with her preparations.

InsideTheMagic has a bunch of interior photos and a video tour of the Polynesian Villas model unit, not to be confused with the Bungalows...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/01/first-look-inside-new-polynesian-villas-as-walt-disney-world-unveils-largest-vacation-club-deluxe-studio-rooms/

Excerpts...

While the actual rooms and bungalows are still under construction at the Polynesian Village Resort, Disney has set up and opened a model room for the new Deluxe Studios, which will be the largest available at Walt Disney World when they open beginning April 1.

Take a first look around the Deluxe Studio model room, which can sleep up to five guests and includes a split bathroom (similar to Disney Cruise Line) and kitchenette with microwave and small refrigerator.

Deluxe studio cost range is 16-20 points per night during lighter times of year and 36-42 points per night during the more crowded seasons. In dollars, that’s $439-$586 and $686-$878, respectively.

Prices vary depending on the view, standard or lake view. Ultimately there will be 360 studios available when they are all complete. (A full price breakdown can be seen at the bottom of this post.)

These rooms are now on sale as of today for Disney Vacation Club members, with all other guests being able to book a room beginning Feb. 9.

Additional info on the Bungalows...

The cost for a Bora Bora Bungalow ranges from 115 to 227 points per night, or $2,137 to $3040 per night.

Pricing info for both...

AAC-3-550x423.jpeg

AAC-1-550x426.jpeg

AAC-2-550x426.jpeg

Oh and what's with the "Adventure Season," "Dream Season" and "Magic Season"?

Does that mean the Fort will soon have "Yellow Fly Season," "Drunken Hooligans Season" and "Underaged Golf Cart Driver Season"?

(and yes, I'm already booked for Drunken Hooligans Season  8) )

• 3 weeks later...

From the Disney Food Blog, a sneak peek at some of the drinks coming to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, soon to be opening at the Polynesian Village Resort...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/02/04/news-and-sneak-peek-check-out-the-drinks-coming-to-trader-sams-grog-grotto/

Some excerpts...

In addition to a whole bevy of new drinks, Trader Sam will also bring a couple of tried and true favorites from his Enchanted Tiki Bar at Disneyland to the Grog Grotto. The menu will include the Shrunken Zombie Head, Uh-Oa!, and Krakatoa Punch, in addition to others. We’re still awaiting word on whether we’ll be able to get a Kungaloosh! Surely, we will, right! icon_biggrin.gif (Check out our review of Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar here!)

Uh-Oa-Drink-at-Trader-Sams-350x525.jpg

Uh Oa!!!

And if you don’t indulge in alcoholic beverages, no worries — there are some great non-alcoholic options as well! We’ll look forward to telling you all about Skipper Sipper and Schweitzer Falls, and trying the Polynesian Punch, which will be served in a souvenir sipper. Will it look like any of these featured in a post we did a while back, we wonder?

Schweitzer-Falls-Tropical-Juices-and-Sam
  • 1 month later...

Len Testa has just posted on Twitter that Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar is scheduled to open at the Polynesian Village Resort March 26th.

https://twitter.com/LenTesta/status/578248004357980160

(thanks for the heads up, Jason - you are the man!! :) )

FYI for those that may not be aware, Len Testa is the co-author of the Unofficial Guides to WDW, DL, DCL, etc.

InsideTheMagic has a ton of pictures from a preview of the Bora Bora Bungalows...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/photos/photos-peek-inside-the-new-polynesian-bora-bora-bungalows-at-walt-disney-world/

Peek inside the new Polynesian Bora Bora Bungalows at Walt Disney World

Though they don’t officially open until April, Walt Disney World has begun previewing the new Polynesian Village Resort’s exclusive Bora Bora Bungalows for select audiences this week.

One lucky preview attendee shared photos with us inside the new bungalows, just 20 of which have been built along the Seven Seas Lagoon across from the Magic Kingdom. These 1,093-sq-ft Bora Bora Bungalows feature a tropical decor with distinctly Disney touches and even a private plunge pool with a speaker piping in fireworks music each night.

...The cost for a Bora Bora Bungalow ranges from 115 to 227 points per night, or $2,137 to $3040 per night. They officially open on April 1.

More info on the soon-to-open Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at the Polynesian Village from WDWMagic...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/trader-sams-grog-grotto/news/23mar2015-more-details-revealed-for-the-upcoming-trader-sam%27s-grog-grotto-at-disney%27s-polynesian-village-resort.htm

Between this and Kona, if I'm not at the Fort, you know where to find me.  8)

More details revealed for the upcoming Trader Sam's Grog Grotto at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Mar 23, 2015 | 2:17pm EST

One of the most anticipated additions to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is set to open before the end of the month and we’ve got some new details about what you can expect at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto.

Following on from the the hugely popular Trader Sam’s at Disneyland, Walt Disney World’s Grog Grotto is located in the former arcade space, next-door to Captain Cook’s, just off the main lobby area.

The lounge will serve both food and drinks, with an emphasis on specialty cocktails and small bites.

The lounge will operate daily from 4pm to midnight, and will be available exclusively to guests aged 21+ after 8pm.

The drink line-up includes 12 specialty cocktails, a rum flight, and 3 non-alcoholic specialty drinks, along with a range of beers and wines. Keeping with the Polynesian theme, a Kona beer flight will also be available. Most drinks come in souvenir tiki glasses.

Bites to eat include pork tacos, sushi roll, chicken lettuce cups, fried Portuguese sausage bites, dumplings with sesame soy dipping sauce, and tuna poke.

There is seating both indoors, and outdoors on a patio. Just like at its Disneyland sister location, inside space is limited, with seating for 50 guests. Outside on the patio there is seating for 80 guests. To put the size into context, the Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar lounge at Epcot’s Italy Pavilion seats 96 guests. There will be no advance reservations at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, so be prepared to wait to get inside, at least during the first months of operation.

The interior theming is tiki through and through, with artifacts and artwork throughout. Completing the authentic Polynesian style theme is a range of audio and lighting effects that will come to life when certain drinks are ordered.

Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto is just one of the new additions to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, part of a multi-year renovation project. The new Bora Bora Bungalows and Deluxe Studios will be opening April 1 2015, joining the newly redesign lobby area, Pineapple Lanai, and the soon-to-open new pool area.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/trader-sams-grog-grotto/news/23mar2015-more-details-revealed-for-the-upcoming-trader-sam%27s-grog-grotto-at-disney%27s-polynesian-village-resort.htm

Hmm... looks like someone at Orlando Theme Park News may have gotten a sneak peak at Trader Sam's...

Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is beautiful yet incredibly small. It only sits 51 people, but it packs a lot of special effects!

Oh, and do you remember "Uh-oa" from Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management? She's at the Grog Grotto looking over Guests...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Orlando-Theme-Parks-News/139138469436695?fref=nf

Basket chairs AND a plunge pool?  I'm so in!!

From the Disney Parks Blog...

When talking about the soon-to-open Bora Bora Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, the newest Disney Vacation Club property at Walt Disney World Resort, it’s hard not to gush on and on. These 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom over-the-water accommodations offer sleeping room for eight, a private deck complete with an individual plunge pool, a full kitchen, gorgeous décor, views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and Magic Kingdom Park area, in-mirror television in the master bath, a washer and dryer in each unit, gated boardwalk access and other fun features. I really could go on and on (and on).

But they say a picture is worth 1,000 words, and this is certainly one time I have to agree. And, thankfully, I don’t have just one picture to share with you today, I have many.

Let’s start with the boardwalk and front porch leading into a Bungalow. Notice the handcrafted wind chime.

borbor446881THUMB.jpg borbor874882THUMB.jpg

Once inside, you’ll find two bedrooms, both offering Mary Blair-inspired bed throws. The second bedroom also offers a sleek surfboard headboard and a fun window seat that’s perfect for relaxing.

borbor009883THUMB.jpg

borbor658774THUMB.jpg

The master bedroom offers a door to the deck, where you’ll find these (oh so comfy) chairs. Plus, not only is the master bathroom gorgeous, it features an in-mirror television!

borbor899005THUMB.jpg borbor847996THUMB.jpg

The living room offers furnishings with a mid-century modern flair. And the full kitchen comes complete with a table seating eight.

borbor949887THUMB.jpg borbor847998THUMB.jpg

Oh yeah, and did I mention the plunge pool? You’ll be able to watch (and listen to the soundtrack thanks to the piped-in music) the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks from here.

borbor847009THUMB.jpg borbor746810THUMB.jpg

I don’t want to give everything away, but I will leave you with a few more images highlighting just some of the fun touches that will be found throughout the Bungalows when they open next week.

0316ZV_0230MS11.jpg

0316ZV_1522MS-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_0347MS-100x100.jpg
oopoop736990-100x100.jpg
0310ZV_0535DR-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_0222MS-100x100.jpg
0316ZV_0279MS-100x100.jpg

What’s your favorite feature of the new Bora Bora Bungalows?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/a-look-inside-the-bungalows-at-disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/

They look amazing minus the creepy lamp. I would need to turn him around or cover him with a towel or bag.

Kelly I think it's supposed to be fun, not just a bar. Like certain drink orders cause them to create some kind of commotion? Let's see what YouTube tells us.

So what's the big deal about Trader Sam's beyond the fact that it's a bar? I feel like Jason and I should visit, but I'm not really sure why. 

I've heard it described as part bar, part show with "special effects" along the lines of the old Adventurer's Club.

I'm thinking it just sounds like a fun place to hang out and have yummy drinks and snacks.